Njoku says

If the kid wants to make millions he should put on 50 pounds and play TE.

How many 6'6" receivers are there in the NFL?

It's impossible to run NFL quality routes at 6'6".

Evidence is going to need to put on 35 pounds anyway if he wants to play WR in the NFL.

A 6'6" 200 pound kid will get broken in half.

The comparison should be how many 6-5/6-6 kids have been successful in college...the answer is more than you think. It may or may not translate to the pros but he can certainly be effective in college at that height.

Isn't Mike Williams like 6'5"? He's going to be the first WR off the board. Calvin Johnson was around 6'5" too

Mike Evans is still 25-30lbs heavier than Evidence. Mike Williams is like 6'3".
And just to get it out of the way, once again, Calvin was 6'5" 235lbs. And Randy moss is 6'4" 210lbs. AJ Green is 6'4" 210. Julio jones is like 6'3" 220lbs.

So my point is Evidence though taller, is much skinnier, and not nearly as strong as these guys. Evidence being 6'6" needs to gain at least 20lbs. And again, I don't think he's 18 yet, so after he gets in a college S&C program he may easily put on more than 20 and closer to 40-50. And if that is the case he will be TE size. But either way, he'd basically be doing the same thing. He'd be another WR/TE hybrid. All our WRs are already coached to block their *** off, just look at Coley this year.
Also, all these tall WRs Evidence is being compared to are much faster than he is. If he doesn't have elite speed, he can't be skinny as ****. If I was him and I was in the 230lb range and his height, I'd want to put the extra 15lbs on and be a TE.

Advertisement
I saw his big bro lined up in the slot a lot as a "TE". I am sure little bro can be lined up the same way so it may not actually matter what you call him if they are able to flex him out in different ways on offense.

Exactly. In 2 years, Evidence is gonna be 235ish MINIMUM. LOL at a 6'6 235lb WR. He's gonna play a TE that gets split out wide.

How big is Kelvin Benjamin? 6'5", 245lbs. He plays WR in the NFL.

Advertisement

Evidence is going to need to put on 35 pounds anyway if he wants to play WR in the NFL.

The comparison should be how many 6-5/6-6 kids have been successful in college...the answer is more than you think. It may or may not translate to the pros but he can certainly be effective in college at that height.

Isn't Mike Williams like 6'5"? He's going to be the first WR off the board. Calvin Johnson was around 6'5" too

And just to get it out of the way, once again, Calvin was 6'5" 235lbs. And Randy moss is 6'4" 210lbs. AJ Green is 6'4" 210. Julio jones is like 6'3" 220lbs.

So my point is Evidence though taller, is much skinnier, and not nearly as strong as these guys. Evidence being 6'6" needs to gain at least 20lbs. And again, I don't think he's 18 yet, so after he gets in a college S&C program he may easily put on more than 20 and closer to 40-50. And if that is the case he will be TE size. But either way, he'd basically be doing the same thing. He'd be another WR/TE hybrid. All our WRs are already coached to block their *** off, just look at Coley this year.
Also, all these tall WRs Evidence is being compared to are much faster than he is. If he doesn't have elite speed, he can't be skinny as ****. If I was him and I was in the 230lb range and his height, I'd want to put the extra 15lbs on and be a TE.

Mike Evans was skinny in hs...Here are some of their sizes before college:

Mike Evans 6-5 180 lbs
Mike Williams 6-4 185 lbs
AJ Green 6-4 184 lbs
Julio Jones 6-4 215 lbs
Calvin Jones 6-4 210 lbs

Mike Evans was skinny in hs...Here are some of their sizes before college:

Mike Evans 6-5 180 lbs
Mike Williams 6-4 185 lbs
AJ Green 6-4 184 lbs
Julio Jones 6-4 215 lbs
Calvin Jones 6-4 210 lbs

So you're proving my point that he is going to have to gain a lot of weight and get stronger either way. The question only is how much will he be able to put on naturally which I think will be at least 230lbs. However, I think all those guys are faster than Evidence is also. I think he will face a choice...either stay at WR and be tall and slow matched up against CBs, or move to TE and put and put on more weight and be a passing weapon matched against LBs and Safeties.

It's called the Jimmy Johnson plan. lol. Kool sure seems to agree with me since we saw him put Bethel at DT against a legit VT team.

That's only because we travelled with 30 players for that game due to injuries.

Did we lose ALL of our DTs in that game? All of McIntosh, Moten, Jenkins, Norton, Willis, and Fines must have been hurt because that's the only way a DE who allegedly has no business playing DT would get playing time in a real game.

The more logical explanation of course is that Kool saw something in Bethel that made him give him a shot at DT. Hmm....

We almost did. That's why we had to use DEs in the two deep at DT.

Advertisement
Back