NJIT vs Miami

Advertisement
1699330805500.gif

Advertisement
Team looked good tonight. Not a lot of surprises against this overmatched NJIT team. Happy to see Coach L using these games to build up the young guys and improve the depth. Would've liked to see Nwoko play a little more, but the way AJ played in the 1st half I can see why the PT count got a little lopsided between those two. Guard play was very good tonight. Pack was solid, but we know what he's capable of. The one that could be the missing link in this whole thing is Joseph. If that kid can shoot the pill with the same consistency he did tonight, watch out! Him and Poplar looked automatic when shooting flat footed 3's. Omier's has definitely worked on his game this offseason and it shows. Not too many times you see a guy bring his workouts to the game with such ease.

As good as we played there were 2 off court observations that were disappointing to see. First, the attendance. Coming off a Final 4, I'm sure it would've been appreciated to have a better turnout for the season opener. Students in particular have to get out and show support. This team and program deserves it. Another bad look tonight was #11. Don't know his name but he needs to be a better teammate. His body language on the bench was terrible. Sat slouched throughout. Rarely if ever saw any emotion from him or celebrating any of his team's success. While other bench guys were on their feet hootin' & hollering' over a good play, #11 just seem disinterested. Head down, shoulders hanging. Guys like that should be sitting at the end of the bench. not next to the subs or coaching staff.

Aside from that, great start to the season. 1-0! GO CANES!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I told my wife watching the game this team can win a National Champioanhip.

Now injuries can derail that, or some key piece getting the Yips like our star QB has gotten, but this team has speed, athleticism, and it looks like they share the ball better.

Isaiah Wong was a great player, but I do feel like he didn't distribute as well as he liked to play a one on one game.

If this team keeps up the ball movement they are an impossible defend imo.

Advertisement

Now injuries can derail that, or some key piece getting the Yips like our star QB has gotten, but this team has speed, athleticism, and it looks like they share the ball better.

Isaiah Wong was a great player, but I do feel like he didn't distribute as well as he liked to play a one on one game.

I think u need a eong type in certain games, when things get tight and u need a bucket, u can dump it off to him and let him go.. that happened in tourney a few times where we rode him multiple trips down.. gonna be determined who will be that guy..and who can get it done in teeth of a defense built to stop them..

Advertisement
Team looked good tonight. Not a lot of surprises against this overmatched NJIT team. Happy to see Coach L using these games to build up the young guys and improve the depth. Would've liked to see Nwoko play a little more, but the way AJ played in the 1st half I can see why the PT count got a little lopsided between those two. Guard play was very good tonight. Pack was solid, but we know what he's capable of. The one that could be the missing link in this whole thing is Joseph. If that kid can shoot the pill with the same consistency he did tonight, watch out! Him and Poplar looked automatic when shooting flat footed 3's. Omier's has definitely worked on his game this offseason and it shows. Not too many times you see a guy bring his workouts to the game with such ease.

As good as we played there were 2 off court observations that were disappointing to see. First, the attendance. Coming off a Final 4, I'm sure it would've been appreciated to have a better turnout for the season opener. Students in particular have to get out and show support. This team and program deserves it. Another bad look tonight was #11. Don't know his name but he needs to be a better teammate. His body language on the bench was terrible. Sat slouched throughout. Rarely if ever saw any emotion from him or celebrating any of his team's success. While other bench guys were on their feet hootin' & hollering' over a good play, #11 just seem disinterested. Head down, shoulders hanging. Guys like that should be sitting at the end of the bench. not next to the subs or coaching staff.

Aside from that, great start to the season. 1-0! GO CANES!!!
Kinda nitpicky that a walk-on freshman wasn't into it on the bench enough but usually those guys have the most spirit. Maybe his girl just dumped him or something.

Yes he liked to go one on one too much and he would have too many off games where he'd go like 1-8 or 1-10 but his teammates picked up.

Now when Wong was on, he was on. I really felt that Miller was our best player last year but if Cleveland could come close to replicating what Jordan did then we are in business.

Yes he liked to go one on one too much and he would have too many off games where he'd go like 1-8 or 1-10 but his teammates picked up.

Now when Wong was on, he was on. I really felt that Miller was our best player last year but if Cleveland could come close to replicating what Jordan did then we are in business.
I think Cleveland is a more athletic Miller.

I'm not bball expert, but that's my take.

Advertisement
Back