NJIT vs Miami

Advertisement
Seemed like a good deep team well-oiled even to start the season. Some bright spots on the bench, my longshot favorite is Djobet - hope to see more.

(Not missing Beverly, who now has had 2 bad games for Wichita State and probably won't start next game, as he did tonight. 1 basket, 3 fouls, and 5 turnovers in a humbling start tonight.)

Seemed like a good deep team well-oiled even to start the season. Some bright spots on the bench, my longshot favorite is Djobet - hope to see more.

(Not missing Beverly, who now has had 2 bad games for Wichita State and probably won't start next game, as he did tonight. 1 basket, 3 fouls, and 5 turnovers in a humbling start tonight.)

Djobet looks like a legit diamond in the rough. Doubt we’ll see too much from him this year but it will be fun to watch him develop.

1699324655076.png

Bev was not & is not a starting caliber player.

He was perfect in his role as a rotational wing defender who could bring energy off the bench.

But being a guy expected to shoot & score consistently has never been his game.

Advertisement
Bev was not & is not a starting caliber player.

He was perfect in his role as a rotational wing defender who could bring energy off the bench.

But being a guy expected to shoot & score consistently has never been his game.

That’s why he’s no longer on the roster. L told him the truth that he didn’t want to hear.

On a different note, Watson has some serious tools. He showed some toughness tonight too. If he can keep the intensity but calm down and play within himself I think he can be a really good one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thank God for basketball season.

You can really tell that the core of this team put in some serious work in the offseason. I don't think anything was lost in the transfer portal that wasn't adequately replaced. And it was nice to not have to watch Anthony Walker forcing up bad shots. Foul trouble is going to be the team's Achilles heel again this season, but it's going to be a **** of a ride.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back