NILs for Baseball

Dear God, I try and start a thread to spark interest in doing NILs and these guys are going at it again. On a positive note, Duasso’s edit guy is lights out - he knows how to edit out any references to adidas or UM.

View attachment 247140

Great work all around.

If Livvy Dunne can start a NIL for LSU, how is it our baseball alums cannot or have not?

Advertisement
This is TheOriginalCane at his core.

The previous discussion, which is still in black and white for anyone to read, started when Steve claimed that Gino didn’t allow NIL deals. This was easily debunked, of course.

Now, somehow, TheClownCane is jumping in saying Steve was right because…..I’m not sure exactly. Nothing posted by Canefreak indicates that Gino didn’t allow NIL deals. Bizarre.

This is TheOriginalCane at his core.

The previous discussion, which is still in black and white for anyone to read, started when Steve claimed that Gino didn’t allow NIL deals. This was easily debunked, of course.

Now, somehow, TheClownCane is jumping in saying Steve was right because…..I’m not sure exactly. Nothing posted by Canefreak indicates that Gino didn’t allow NIL deals. Bizarre.
What I was told was he wasnt
The biggest nil fan so offers that were Made didn’t have his support. How that trickled down to offers etc. I don’t know

When does the money promised to buy JDs job roll in?

Following up on Canefreak’s information, this would appear to be small potatoes for baseball vs. Brink’s truck type 💰

Advertisement
When does the money promised to buy JDs job roll in?

Following up on Canefreak’s information, this would appear to be small potatoes for baseball vs. Brink’s truck type 💰

@Canesfreak may have a better answer, but the "big" money for baseball is for the infrastructure, not NIL.

And FWIW, I know Canesfreak very well and he loves the U and does right by them. He puts his money where his mouth and heart are. I strongly urge you cheapskates to get involved, the numbers are very reasonable.

@Canesfreak may have a better answer, but the "big" money for baseball is for the infrastructure, not NIL.

And FWIW, I know Canesfreak very well and he loves the U and does right by them. He puts his money where his mouth and heart are. I strongly urge you cheapskates to get involved, the numbers are very reasonable.

Understood. He is doing God’s work

@Canesfreak since the school can’t go out and get involved in a players NIL ,supposedly, doesn’t that fall back on the player to find better representation?

@Canesfreak since the school can’t go out and get involved in a players NIL ,supposedly, doesn’t that fall back on the player to find better representation?
In football, yes, but since it is a big dollar sport, the agents have an incentive. Like Kodiak Cakes doing an NIL with Samson “Pancake” Okunlola. Baseball is a different animal. The agents make zero money of NILs for a few grand over a year. It is typically a service they provide because they are looking down the road with these kids. I mean, for the most part, these kids are unrecognizable outside of their uniforms. Blake’s agent was estatic when I reached out and reiterated how no amount is too small for college baseball players. He explained how Wake’s has a small collective made up locals who all give a few bucks, and how the NILs are small business and alums who support the program. No huge dollars. With Breshard, I reached out to Coach Duasso who knows Breshard’s Pop Warner coach. No agents. I cribbed a NIL agreement from someone and tweaked it. Again, this is easy stuff, small potatoes for most players. It definitely is for baseball.

I mean, when I was i college we would have to pass the hat to buy beer and pizza. Imagine what and extra $300-500 a month is for an 18 or 19 year old baseball player who comes from a working class family.

Last edited:
Advertisement
100%. A few grand a year for these kids means the world. And Cyr was hearing from UF, South Carolina, etc. No bidding war - he loves Miami. I wanted to do this because kids like him deserve a little love.
Curious how could Cyr hear from other teams when he wasn’t in the portal .? Isnt that tampering ?

NOOO. UM cannot be involved at all. They cannot facilitate it or be involved. Once the agreement is reached, the NIL agreement/terms are reviewed by compliance as are any edits that the student-athlete posts in social media. If they attend events for the sponsor, they cannot wear any UM stuff. Again, even small amounts matter to these kids.

I contacted Cyr through Javi, who reached out to YoYo, who got me his #. Then he directed me to his agent. .
Why couldn’t the athlete be contacted initially through his Instagram?

Why couldn’t the athlete be contacted initially through his Instagram?
He can - you can contact the athlete directly or through his agent. UM cannot facilitate it on your behalf or on behalf of the athlete. For Brashard I went through Coach Dray (his pop warner coach whose team I sponsor) and for Blake I reached out to Javi who reached out to Yoyo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back