NIL Money For High Schoolers

Advertisement
AEB6DA6B-5A54-4F95-BC67-29C8389C2B3E.jpeg

Advertisement
Adults get robbed & killed everyday, should we not allow them to have money either?

What kinda logic is that?
Oh you think adults are getting killed at the same rates as young people?

There are statistics to back up what im saying.

The majority of the kids that will be getting paid big money come from the inner cities where crime rates are higher. Now you're gonna give these kids money and expect them not to be messed with. Kids get jealous more easily than adults. Social media is their lives and money will get shown off.

Let's see how that plays out.

Don't know how it will play out, but I like the fact that Missouri is taking the veneer off. No BS.

The majority of the kids that will be getting paid big money come from the inner cities where crime rates are higher. Now you're gonna give these kids money and expect them not to be messed with. Kids get jealous more easily than adults. Social media is their lives and money will get shown off.

I agree...but at the same token, I understand what @Memnon means.

Advertisement

Maybe if they had money they wouldn’t have to live in the inner city?

But either way, you’re making an argument based around an extreme that doesn’t actually have any basis in reality as it pertains to athletes & their right to be compensated via NIL. You’re using circular logic to make a bigoted point & you probably don’t even realize it.

“Kids get jealous more easily than adults”... How could you even measure that?

You’re making a ton of assumptions based on limited information & slippery sloping to the worst case scenario as the means to how every situation will play out. That’s the same as saying because there’s thousands of car accidents every year Cars should be banned. That’s kinda ridiculous lol

I think this is good but in the same vein teaching financial literacy is pivotal to these kids, it should be one of the first courses they enroll in and the money THEY GENERATE for the schools should be available to them once they pass said course. Of course it won't be completely followed by all administrators/student athletes but at least you know they've had the best chance for success financially speaking.

Advertisement

OK, so you aren't going to deny that the logic is flawed. That's good.

It's not exactly difficult to see through your "we gotta protect the kids" veil. Is it fine for a kid from a picket fence neighborhood to earn money based on his football-playing value, simply because his risk of being murdered is lower?

Want a solution to your completely made-up hypothetical? Easy. Put in the law that money earned during high school is paid into a trust that becomes available once they get to college. I mean, that isn't exactly the most American way of doing things, but without cash, those reckless inner-city youths living in their hellscapes won't be able to walk around with fat stacks and gold chains, ergo they won't be murdered - right?

Advertisement
Maybe if they had money they wouldn’t have to live in the inner city?

But either way, you’re making an argument based around an extreme that doesn’t actually have any basis in reality as it pertains to athletes & their right to be compensated via NIL. You’re using circular logic to make a bigoted point & you probably don’t even realize it.

“Kids get jealous more easily than adults”... How could you even measure that?

You’re making a ton of assumptions based on limited information & slippery sloping to the worst case scenario as the means to how every situation will play out. That’s the same as saying because there’s thousands of car accidents every year Cars should be banned. That’s kinda ridiculous lol
Bigoted? Lmfao wow. Dumbest thing I've read in a while. Congrats. Caring about kids is bigoted. Let me guess because I said inner cities.

If only fairy tales lined up with data. According to a University of California, San Diego paper published in the journal Basic and Applied Social Psychology, young adults are more envious than older adults. They are more envious over looks and for a wider range of other reasons, too.

**** facts!!!!! No need for them *****.

OK, so you aren't going to deny that the logic is flawed. That's good.

It's not exactly difficult to see through your "we gotta protect the kids" veil. Is it fine for a kid from a picket fence neighborhood to earn money based on his football-playing value, simply because his risk of being murdered is lower?

Want a solution to your completely made-up hypothetical? Easy. Put in the law that money earned during high school is paid into a trust that becomes available once they get to college. I mean, that isn't exactly the most American way of doing things, but without cash, those reckless inner-city youths living in their hellscapes won't be able to walk around with fat stacks and gold chains, ergo they won't be murdered - right?
No high schooler should be getting paid. Did I ever say white kids or black kids? **** no. I said the kids that will make the most money will come from the inner cities which is a fact based on location of the best athletes in the country.

Play the race card on someone else.

Hey when recruits are killed over money the blood is on your hands. Not mine. I can live with that.

No law will be made that it has to go in a trust. Nice fairy tale though.

No high schooler should be getting paid. Did I ever say white kids or black kids? **** no. I said the kids that will make the most money will come from the inner cities which is a fact based on location of the best athletes in the country.

Play the race card on someone else.

Hey when recruits are killed over money the blood is on your hands. Not mine. I can live with that.

No law will be made that it has to go in a trust. Nice fairy tale though.
I guess we are just going to ignore the fact that these same "inner city" kids have been getting paid (illegally) for the better part of a century. But that's fine.

Why not? (besides the fall on every banana peel on the side of slippery slope mountain justification you've already given) It's called supply and demand. Pretty simple concept. I know most supply-siders like to think the labor market can be treated different than any other market, but when we are talking elite football players, the demand will always outstrip the supply. That the market has been artificially controlled by the demand side for the last 100 years doesn't change the facts as they are - You want an elite football player at your school? You're gonna have to pay up (in 2023... actual, legal, money).

And, you'll notice that neither did I mention a specific race once in my reply. So, the lady doth protest too much, methinks. LOL. That said, I'll play the race card (I guess, if that's what I did) on whomsoever deserves it.

No law need be made. It was an absurd hypothetical meant to do nothing more than respond to your previous absurdity.

Advertisement
Back