NIL - Manchin

You’re right. They’re so corrupt that they voted 9-0 in favor of college athletes making money. So obviously, if a similar case came up, they’d rule in favor of the NCAA.
What? I'm talking about in general
The ruling was 2 years ago. There have been a conservative and liberal justice added since.

Here is the ruling, if you want to read it: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/20pdf/20-512_new_7mi8.pdf

Here is a noteworthy concurrence from a particular justice:

View attachment 203121

Which 5 of the “huge effing disasters” do you think will choose differently.
I was talking about in general, not this specific issue. But kind of off topic so my bad.

Advertisement
The Senate and House have limited days in session. Why is regulating NIL a matter worthy of such attention?

I wouldn't put anything past this Supreme Court
Lol that’s not how constitutional Jurisprudence works. People that think they’re politically motivated don’t truly understand the whys and how’s. All good, but nine zero happened for a reason.

Last edited:
Advertisement
People don’t understand the two most most basic types of constitutional interpretation and how the process works for putting a justice on the court. There’s a reason we have general elections and why we’re a constitutional republic. This isn’t difficult. Not trolling and if you’re saying “it’s only one because people are being manipulated”, I apologize if I misunderstood your point initially

Do you understand the two most most basic types of constitutional interpretation and how the process works for putting a justice on the court? I don’t have to fix anything lol There’s a reason we have general elections and why we’re a constitutional republic. This isn’t difficult
Of course, it is the theory that justices are apolitical, which is why they are given lifetime appointments. But to think that there are no politics at play when choosing and appointing justices is to be disingenuous. Moreso over the past 5 years with how the process has been handled by each party to their benefit. Some being replaced in over a year and others taking less than a month.

Of course, it is the theory that justices are apolitical, which is why they are given lifetime appointments. But to think that there are no politics at play when choosing and appointing justices is to be disingenuous. Moreso over the past 5 years with how the process has been handled by each party to their benefit. Some being replaced in over a year and others taking less than a month.
Ok I’m not doing this on a Sunday night… the constitution is viewed by the justice, in it’s most basic form, as either living/breathing or it’s original intent. There is 100% politics involved, because the appointment is made by the president who was voted in through the electoral process. The justices aren’t themselves political. They interpret the constitution in a way that is documented through their previous rulings. How the legislative body confirms the appointment, is what it is. The work they do after they’re appointed isn’t in any way political. It’s them doing their jobs the way they always have.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back