NIL - Looking to the future

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
I was just reading about USC's plan for NIL opportunities, etc. They are making it part of their recruiting campaign as they move into future classes. I thought it was pretty interesting:

"USC’s athletic department announced a partnership with J1S to create BLVD Studios. In layman’s terms: USC’s athletic department unveiled their vision and creative approach to the upcoming Name, Image, and Likeness Era. BLVD Studios will function as an in-house media/PR “lab” that will aim to meet the future NIL needs of a USC football player. The intent is to help to cultivate and promote a Trojans’ brand and marketing opportunities, but also serve as a massive recruiting tool in the future.

So what exactly could this look like? Over time, USC could track social media data and show future recruits what the average Trojan football player has earned off of sponsored posts, how many followers he has gained since signing, etc. The school could even create an analytics platform that would aim to help USC's players “leverage their brands and maximize their market value.”

In addition, BLVD Studios could produce campaigns to promote brands and messaging. Instead of 2016’s last-minute attempt to get Adoree’ Jackson’s name into the Heisman conversation, the in-house team could create a full Heisman marketing campaign for a future Trojan - a counter to the lackluster conference the team finds itself in."

This is going to become a new kind of arms race between schools. I wonder what planning , if any, has been done by the Canes athletic department.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We used to be the best in the business with bags. We need to get back but be a little more creative at it. I agree OP, we better be cooking something up quickly and be on the cutting edge or we will quickly fall behind by 5 years and be playing catch up.
We really need the local businesses to step up and give these kids opportunities to promote themselves for pay.

Advertisement
We used to be the best in the business with bags. We need to get back but be a little more creative at it. I agree OP, we better be cooking something up quickly and be on the cutting edge or we will quickly fall behind by 5 years and be playing catch up.
We really need the local businesses to step up and give these kids opportunities to promote themselves for pay.

We fell behind 15 years ago.

Everything is okay. At this point - I would suspect we already have vanilla ice involved.
2829C20A-58DE-4FDD-9F20-C6ED5B31B58C.gif

Last edited:
yep. Bag schools will still find ways to bag.
There’s no need to drop bags when Adidas can drop contracts. What would adidas pay to make sure their schools get the best recruits? A lot more than billy bob will drop.

Every kid that signs with Miami can get a contract to use his face on advertising. The bigger the name, the bigger the contract. Also... a major media market like Miami has exponentially more businesses that’d be interested in signing these kids than Tuscaloosa or ******* Gainesville.

The possibilities for these kids would be endless in this town. This could be the BEST thing to happen to Miami in decades.

Imagine if Miami players were able to be signed by tootsies!! Just the ****y bar angle may be enough to bring these kids here.

Advertisement
NIL projection is already working this cycle. Y’all think Manny is this good at recruiting? Lol
Kids know when this is approved Miami will finally be able to go money for money with the big dogs in college football.

NIL projection is already working this cycle. Y’all think Manny is this good at recruiting? Lol
Kids know when this is approved Miami will finally be able to go money for money with the big dogs in college football.
I don’t understand how anybody fails to see how incredible this is for Miami. We have a huge media market and all the business and industry that goes along w that. For Fvck sake, CIS could up their no add fee to $500, we’d all pay, and @DMoney can sign whoever we need and put his mug on the site.

This gives UM endless options, leverage, and real weapon to beat out these small shlthole college towns who won’t be able to compete with this market.

Giving 19 year old kids 100,000 of thousands of dollars. What can go wrong? lol Nah good for then though **** it. Helps us.

Advertisement
Real talk say if there's 150,000 cane fans accross the country, charge the 20 bucks each for an annual cane subscription and there's 3 million right there for our recruiting bag budget.

Advertisement
Back