NIL/ Apologies

Advertisement
I need proof FSU is making direct deposits into an uncommitted high school player’s bank account. Plenty of legal and tax issues there, let alone NIL laws, as well as NCAA and ACC violations. All with a paper trail. Could happen, but seems incredibly dumb.

I doubt the kid would reveal that to someone they dont trust. They would be in problems just as FSU would. Im skeptical as well but its totally plausible thats what FSU is doing. They were doing the same thing under Jimbo.

Advertisement
The hand-wringing over NIL budget perplexes me. I clearly remember some pretty longstanding posters on here saying the other boosters had stepped up to fill the Ruiz gap, and that our budget this year without Ruiz was larger than last year's which Ruiz essentially carried on his own. So did I somehow get that wrong?
You got that part right but what you didn't account for was everyone else caught up with our budget and while we may have replaced the $10M Ruiz hole I doubt it was expected to go from $10M to $0 in warp speed

Advertisement
The level of whining in these recruiting threads is getting insane. What it looks like to me is investors need motivation and winning motivates investors. FSU couldn’t recruit high school kids for ****. After a 10 win season now they bagging up 5 stars. I don’t think that’s a coincidence at all

I need proof FSU is making direct deposits into an uncommitted high school player’s bank account. Plenty of legal and tax issues there, let alone NIL laws, as well as NCAA and ACC violations. All with a paper trail. Could happen, but seems incredibly dumb.
E082C1B3-82DB-493E-B3EA-DD7EE86E4F10.gif

The YouTube personality provided zero evidence for his claims. It was just like "trust me bro, it really happened". There is no proof that the recruit even exists. He even had a disclaimer that his claims were for "entertainment purposes".

You got that part right but what you didn't account for was everyone else caught up with our budget and while we may have replaced the $10M Ruiz hole I doubt it was expected to go from $10M to $0 in warp speed

Well, @Cribby wrote in the Collins thread that Miami isn't concerned (though Cribby implied he himself is). I didn't trust Dee through Blake James or Radio through Manuela. But I trust Rad and MC. Most of us don't know ****, we're all flipping out over crystal balls from other people that don't know ****. So until proven otherwise, I'll believe the guys that actually run the program and have battle scars from past wars they've won to know what they're talking about.

Advertisement
The level of whining in these recruiting threads is getting insane. What it looks like to me is investors need motivation and winning motivates investors. FSU couldn’t recruit high school kids for ****. After a 10 win season now they bagging up 5 stars. I don’t think that’s a coincidence at all
I agree with you to a certain extent. If you look at the top 12 classes currently on 247 what do you see? Every single team except for one is winning. Truthfully, the only anomaly is Florida and we know what’s going on there. I’m not saying the Ruiz situation is helping but at some point the elite kids want to see tangible results on the field.

The YouTube personality provided zero evidence for his claims. It was just like "trust me bro, it really happened". There is no proof that the recruit even exists. He even had a disclaimer that his claims were for "entertainment purposes".
Thats so u dont get sued. Also i wouldnt provide proof either. Its not just FSU, its the kid for taking it would have issues. And yes i am skeptical of the source. But i also think its plausible. FSU was doing the same thing with Jimbo.

Advertisement
Earlier in the spring someone made a thread out of concern about our NIL and Ruiz. I remember the person getting jumped on about it. If that was u, pull up. That man or men are owed an apology.

I follow information, and if new information comes im gonna change what i was thinking based on that.

I say that to say this. Its clear to me, Ruiz issues is affecting our NIL. U can claim u know more but until I see new evidence thats my stance. He was the loud mouth one on twitter. He was tweeting @ recruits and welcoming them. I gave man the benefit of the doubt that said oh we were fine and transistioning away from Ruiz. His money was where his mouth was. What did we transistion to? I just see us getting bodied on the trail, even by schools who are not dropping bags like that. Im not a head in the sand guy. If Ifua goes to 8&4 it will be crystal clear. They have no relationship with him and if u have a relationship, u really have to get in the ball park still. So we have the relationship and not even in the stadium.

Something is wrong here and when i see tangible proof that we are fine and still in for the elite players and get our share, i will adjust my thoughts.

One question i have is what ammunition were we talking about getting the best DL in the nation?

Also finally apparently FSU is just str8 dropping bags in man account that aint even committed to them. Im skeptical of the source, some bama man on youtube, but i can see it. Mike suck @ss then all of a sudden 3 5 stars before season. Im not knocking FSU, but Mike is a bum on the trail.

U wanna win, u gotta pay. Simple.
Saw the vid also and I’m not sure I believe it but it’s also very hard to believe Norvell can go from always being in the upper teens to having 5 stars in the boat like that. Although apparently Bolden and Lester grew up FSU fans and we kind of have that same advantage with Trader.

The hand-wringing over NIL budget perplexes me. I clearly remember some pretty longstanding posters on here saying the other boosters had stepped up to fill the Ruiz gap, and that our budget this year without Ruiz was larger than last year's which Ruiz essentially carried on his own. So did I somehow get that wrong?
because I suspect despite your statement about the budget that ruiz, like him or not, was providing that extra chunk of cash that was enticing guys to sign here.

We sure have come along way from half this board claiming, “this is Miami! A real city! Those po-dunk towns can’t keep up with all the money here.”

Some of us tried to warn you that was a lie. But you didn’t wanna listen.
Yeah if you’re skeptical you’re a mope apparently.

Advertisement
Back