NIL/ Apologies

supacane

Senior
Earlier in the spring someone made a thread out of concern about our NIL and Ruiz. I remember the person getting jumped on about it. If that was u, pull up. That man or men are owed an apology.

I follow information, and if new information comes im gonna change what i was thinking based on that.

I say that to say this. Its clear to me, Ruiz issues is affecting our NIL. U can claim u know more but until I see new evidence thats my stance. He was the loud mouth one on twitter. He was tweeting @ recruits and welcoming them. I gave man the benefit of the doubt that said oh we were fine and transistioning away from Ruiz. His money was where his mouth was. What did we transistion to? I just see us getting bodied on the trail, even by schools who are not dropping bags like that. Im not a head in the sand guy. If Ifua goes to 8&4 it will be crystal clear. They have no relationship with him and if u have a relationship, u really have to get in the ball park still. So we have the relationship and not even in the stadium.

Something is wrong here and when i see tangible proof that we are fine and still in for the elite players and get our share, i will adjust my thoughts.

One question i have is what ammunition were we talking about getting the best DL in the nation?

Also finally apparently FSU is just str8 dropping bags in man account that aint even committed to them. Im skeptical of the source, some bama man on youtube, but i can see it. Mike suck @ss then all of a sudden 3 5 stars before season. Im not knocking FSU, but Mike is a bum on the trail.

U wanna win, u gotta pay. Simple.

Advertisement
There is definitely a problem. It might be NIL, or maybe it's something else. It's like a black hole in that you can't see it but you can detect its presence by observing how things behave near it. And the abrupt drop-off in recruiting is a conspicuous sign of a problem behind the scenes. Couple that with all the hype about whales from early summer and you can't deny that something has gone wrong. Please don't **** down my leg and tell me it's raining.

Earlier in the spring someone made a thread out of concern about our NIL and Ruiz. I remember the person getting jumped on about it. If that was u, pull up. That man or men are owed an apology.

I follow information, and if new information comes im gonna change what i was thinking based on that.

I say that to say this. Its clear to me, Ruiz issues is affecting our NIL. U can claim u know more but until I see new evidence thats my stance. He was the loud mouth one on twitter. He was tweeting @ recruits and welcoming them. I gave man the benefit of the doubt that said oh we were fine and transistioning away from Ruiz. His money was where his mouth was. What did we transistion to? I just see us getting bodied on the trail, even by schools who are not dropping bags like that. Im not a head in the sand guy. If Ifua goes to 8&4 it will be crystal clear. They have no relationship with him and if u have a relationship, u really have to get in the ball park still. So we have the relationship and not even in the stadium.

Something is wrong here and when i see tangible proof that we are fine and still in for the elite players and get our share, i will adjust my thoughts.

One question i have is what ammunition were we talking about getting the best DL in the nation?

Also finally apparently FSU is just str8 dropping bags in man account that aint even committed to them. Im skeptical of the source, some bama man on youtube, but i can see it. Mike suck @ss then all of a sudden 3 5 stars before season. Im not knocking FSU, but Mike is a bum on the trail.

U wanna win, u gotta pay. Simple.

Please stop it with this.

There are other issues too.

I am not saying that Mr. Ruiz's pullback is ideal, or is 0% of the problem, but we have bigger issues to deal with than just NIL from one person.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ruiz spent $15m in NIL for us in the last two years. That’s a lot of fcking money to make up for our other boosters.

Win big this year and it’ll bring more booster interest and make future recruits less expensive because they’ll believe in coming here for football reasons

I need proof FSU is making direct deposits into an uncommitted high school player’s bank account. Plenty of legal and tax issues there, let alone NIL laws, as well as NCAA and ACC violations. All with a paper trail. Could happen, but seems incredibly dumb.

Advertisement
Ruiz is currently 0% of NIL. Problem is 0% of 0 is 0. We also have been prioritizing the wrong players and order of payments, which we also don't have the money to pay. All of that is a 0. So is the ACC. 0.

Ruiz is currently 0% of NIL. Problem is 0% of 0 is 0. We also have been prioritizing the wrong players and order of payments, which we also don't have the money to pay. All of that is a 0. So is the ACC. 0.
Isn't 0% of $10M also 0?

Milwaukee Bucks What GIF by NBA

Advertisement
The hand-wringing over NIL budget perplexes me. I clearly remember some pretty longstanding posters on here saying the other boosters had stepped up to fill the Ruiz gap, and that our budget this year without Ruiz was larger than last year's which Ruiz essentially carried on his own. So did I somehow get that wrong?

Advertisement
Back