Nikolas Bonitto. This Kid is a beast.

He looks more explosive to me around the edge than chatfield and his movements are more fluid in my eyes. He looks like a better take to me than Chatfield. I think his frame can hold 255-260 will the burst. Chatfield just looks plodding to me. Are my eyes deceiving me?

he's about 10 pounds lighter than Chatfield. He's taller and lankier and a basketball player.

He is starting to give me that Ryan Shazier feel...though Ryan Shazier was wayyyyy faster...but last night in spurts he looked like how Shazier looked at Plantation.. And we passed on Shazier. This kid may be able to come into our program and be a 6'3 230+ monster down the line.

I would honestly recruit he and Chatfield as swing DE/OLB guys....I dont think Bonnitto can really hold up at DE...but i think he has value as an OLB...Chat can hold up better as a de and is playing in space more this year. I would hone in on those 2 dudes and still recruit Joyner. Keep studs home...and to me they are. I keep seeing people say ..well Chat is more like Mike Smith or this guy is like Mike Smith..well Mike Smith is a current guy where i have no issue if he is starting on our defense at all. Guys like that our valuable.

I kept thinking free safety with his frame and closing speed but we have that covered already. He could possibly be just like his coach on D in the same Jason Taylor mold.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He looks more explosive to me around the edge than chatfield and his movements are more fluid in my eyes. He looks like a better take to me than Chatfield. I think his frame can hold 255-260 will the burst. Chatfield just looks plodding to me. Are my eyes deceiving me?

he's about 10 pounds lighter than Chatfield. He's taller and lankier and a basketball player.

He is starting to give me that Ryan Shazier feel...though Ryan Shazier was wayyyyy faster...but last night in spurts he looked like how Shazier looked at Plantation.. And we passed on Shazier. This kid may be able to come into our program and be a 6'3 230+ monster down the line.

I would honestly recruit he and Chatfield as swing DE/OLB guys....I dont think Bonnitto can really hold up at DE...but i think he has value as an OLB...Chat can hold up better as a de and is playing in space more this year. I would hone in on those 2 dudes and still recruit Joyner. Keep studs home...and to me they are. I keep seeing people say ..well Chat is more like Mike Smith or this guy is like Mike Smith..well Mike Smith is a current guy where i have no issue if he is starting on our defense at all. Guys like that our valuable.

Not a big fan of 5 flat forty LBs, and that's what Chatfield is.

Eh. I agree that we need to keep guys home and I would have no problem taking bonitto, Joyner, chat field, or Elijah Moore. But guys like these grow like trees in Florida. Undersized de types and quick twitch short Wrs are all over the place here.

Yeah like Elvis Dumervil and Antonio Brown. Gotta keep letting those guys leave. They'll never turn the corner without that prototypical size.

Eh. I agree that we need to keep guys home and I would have no problem taking bonitto, Joyner, chat field, or Elijah Moore. But guys like these grow like trees in Florida. Undersized de types and quick twitch short Wrs are all over the place here.

Yeah like Elvis Dumervil and Antonio Brown. Gotta keep letting those guys leave. They'll never turn the corner without that prototypical size.

Lol. You just proved my point.

Advertisement
He looked real light in the *** on TV. No shot this kid plays DL for a big boy football program

Advertisement
On the topic of DE/LB tweeners, has anyone seen the Southridge kids this year? Curious if those two look any different this season.

Buona Italia! Get this dude and Josh Spaghetti, and no one encroaches on our turf. La Cosa Nostra!

Josh ain't going nowhere. Kids gonna be a monster. Main problem with Nik is he's been vocal for awhile not only that he wants to play basketball but ultimately that he may quit football for basketball... kid has a ton of upside in both sports but I think football wise kid can be a real stud.

Buona Italia! Get this dude and Josh Spaghetti, and no one encroaches on our turf. La Cosa Nostra!

Josh ain't going nowhere. Kids gonna be a monster. Main problem with Nik is he's been vocal for awhile not only that he wants to play basketball but ultimately that he may quit football for basketball... kid has a ton of upside in both sports but I think football wise kid can be a real stud.

Josh Sanguinetti is one of my fave 2019 prospects. We in good shape?

Yup

Advertisement

Yup

University School? Can someone refresh me on the story surrounding that program? I remember some serious bad blood under Golden with the Wilsons, Skai Moore, Bain, Jordan Cunningham (who I see we will play against at UNC). I think Sam Bruce was part of that crew and the only one that committed to Miami. Has Richt cleaned that up?

Yup

University School? Can someone refresh me on the story surrounding that program? I remember some serious bad blood under Golden with the Wilsons, Skai Moore, Bain, Jordan Cunningham (who I see we will play against at UNC). I think Sam Bruce was part of that crew and the only one that committed to Miami. Has Richt cleaned that up?

Sometimes a myth is just a myth...

That's old though. This is the most football dedicated he has been.

Advertisement
Kid probably realized he has absolutely no shot at being a D1 bball player. Love for the game is one thing..securing your future is another. With that said, if we take Bonitto then I would be ****ed because why not take Abdullah? No way I would take Chatfield over Abdullah either. I think all these guys are in the same bucket and for some reason Richt/Kool/Diaz is passing on all of them.

Me & one of my buddies working on getting him out to the game Saturday. He really wants Miami right now from what I was told.

Was told from my plug who went to school with him, that Nik is starting to put his focus into football a lot more now since working with Jason Taylor.

This would solve Manny Diaz issue for the LB situation in 2018 almost immediately. Nik can be a special talent.

Yup

Scarlett was part of that too.

Me & one of my buddies working on getting him out to the game Saturday. He really wants Miami right now from what I was told.

Was told from my plug who went to school with him, that Nik is starting to put his focus into football a lot more now since working with Jason Taylor.

This would solve Manny Diaz issue for the LB situation in 2018 almost immediately. Nik can be a special talent.

That's funny because I thought J Taylor when I saw him. Jason was built like this when he was in his. He was still pretty skinny in college.

Advertisement
Back