Nike The Opening Thread (ESPNU 9PMET) Tonight

Another Sunday Update
**Richard Sherman, Ndamukong Suh, Marshawn Lynch, Demaryius Thomas, will also be there to help coach kids up over the course of the Opening.

Advertisement

http://247sports.com/Article/Elite-11-Comparisons-2013-signees-vs-2014-commits-137359

Miami Kevin Olsen (2013) vs. Brad Kaaya (2014)

Olsen had an excellent Elite 11 showing last July, has a high football IQ and showed skill at running a pro-style offense in high school. Kaaya may not be as accomplished of a high school quarterback (2012 was his first year starting), but at 6-foot-4, with a quicker release and stronger arm, he has more physical upside. Still, Miami hasn’t had an ideal option at quarterback in quite some time and Olsen and Kaaya both will be counted on the distribute the ball to the speedy playmakers on the Canes roster they have every year. It’s a question of upside vs. intangibles in this one. All things being equal, go with the upside. We would take- Kaaya over Olsen. It’s very, very close, though.

remember fellas

Just 5 days ago Warchant was saying "Is Miami really taking 3 ****** QBs"

Trailerhasse gun' Trailerhasse

Where is their qb commit at right now tho? Sitting at home while kaaya is at the elite 11/opening dominating

http://247sports.com/Article/Elite-11-Comparisons-2013-signees-vs-2014-commits-137359

Olsen had an excellent Elite 11 showing last July, has a high football IQ and showed skill at running a pro-style offense in high school. Kaaya may not be as accomplished of a high school quarterback (2012 was his first year starting), but at 6-foot-4, with a quicker release and stronger arm, he has more physical upside. Still, Miami hasn’t had an ideal option at quarterback in quite some time and Olsen and Kaaya both will be counted on the distribute the ball to the speedy playmakers on the Canes roster they have every year. It’s a question of upside vs. intangibles in this one. All things being equal, go with the upside. We would take- Kaaya over Olsen. It’s very, very close, though.

Let them battle it out on the field and have the coaches decide

Advertisement
And these guys get PAID for this?

Depends on what you're looking for.

KO is the QB who beats you with his mind more so than his physical gifts.

Kaaya has the physical things to go along with the touch and accuracy that make talent evaluators drool. You can't really teach kids to throw the ball like Kaaya does.

Push come to shove, I'd probably go with Kaaya because his arm is stronger and I think he's probably going to be more accurate as well, but that's nothing against Olsen, because he does exactly what a lot of the QB's that have won National Championships do, which is to get the team into the right play and let the playmakers make plays.

- Alabama 5 star QB David Cornwell was reportedly underwhelming. It was only a Day 1. Plenty of chances over the next four days to stand out.

- Trent Dilfers top 6 in no particular order Brad Kaaya, Kyle Carta, Sean White, David Blough, Kyle Allen, Deshaun Watson.

bet 100 dollars the write up says the Cornwell LOOKED GREAT the second day and the rest of the camp. These things get skewed so bad for "top rated, players committed to top rated teams"(bama)...its crazy.

*Cool Story bro
I remember when i went to the miami nike camp and i ran my 40.I was in a group running the 40's with some big prospects(Nate harris,Dumervil, etc) and i was paired with i believe Nate, me , and another guy to my left. I knew i couldnt run with Nate..so i let him go...the other guy i knew i was faster than because he was a bigger guy and in prior drills i moved better...so i let him run take off first so i can chase him down(an run a good time)...i did it..ran the kid down...then looked at my 40 later and the kid had a faster time even after leaving before me and getting ran down...lol (He was an FSU commit)

- Alabama 5 star QB David Cornwell was reportedly underwhelming. It was only a Day 1. Plenty of chances over the next four days to stand out.

- Trent Dilfers top 6 in no particular order Brad Kaaya, Kyle Carta, Sean White, David Blough, Kyle Allen, Deshaun Watson.

bet 100 dollars the write up says the Cornwell LOOKED GREAT the second day and the rest of the camp. These things get skewed so bad for "top rated, players committed to top rated teams"(bama)...its crazy.

*Cool Story bro
I remember when i went to the miami nike camp and i ran my 40.I was in a group running the 40's with some big prospects(Nate harris,Dumervil, etc) and i was paired with i believe Nate, me , and another guy to my left. I knew i couldnt run with Nate..so i let him go...the other guy i knew i was faster than because he was a bigger guy and in prior drills i moved better...so i let him run take off first so i can chase him down(an run a good time)...i did it..ran the kid down...then looked at my 40 later and the kid had a faster time even after leaving before me and getting ran down...lol (He was an FSU commit)

Lol. That was funny I see what you mean now. They do anything to make the top ranked players for top schools continue to be top ranked.

**There are some rumors floating around regarding Anthony Moten on ESPN insider. I don't have insider. So if someone could snatch those details for us it would be appreciated.

Advertisement

The great thing is, we do not have to PICK between them. Al has them BOTH. Both will start and both will bring NC home. Steve and Craig is a good comparison. Craig was more brash than Steve -- both brought home the bacon. Gotta love QB U is back. Just hope Coley doesn't get to carried away with running QBs down the road.

*Cool Story bro

Lol. That was funny I see what you mean now. They do anything to make the top ranked players for top schools continue to be top ranked.

**There are some rumors floating around regarding Anthony Moten on ESPN insider. I don't have insider. So if someone could snatch those details for us it would be appreciated.

Where is it I have Insider I will give a summery.

*Cool Story bro

Derek Tyson‏@DerekTysonESPN6h
Florida DT commit Anthony Moten rumors floating around...here are the facts: http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/florida/forums/_/chompions-club#!/topic/1372658482-749-234 … #Gators

Some Photo's from Yesterday
Brad Kaaya https://twitter.com/usnikefootball/status/351446649798795265/photo/1
https://twitter.com/TheOpening_2013/status/351534328309764097/photo/1
Suh, Bo Jackson, De'Anthony Thomas https://twitter.com/DrewWill_79/status/351504144995086337/photo/1

Last edited:
Advertisement

*Cool Story bro

Derek Tyson‏@DerekTysonESPN6h
Florida DT commit Anthony Moten rumors floating around...here are the facts: http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/florida/forums/_/chompions-club#!/topic/1372658482-749-234 … #Gators

Some Photo's from Yesterday
Brad Kaaya https://twitter.com/usnikefootball/status/351446649798795265/photo/1
https://twitter.com/TheOpening_2013/status/351534328309764097/photo/1
Suh, Bo Jackson, De'Anthony Thomas https://twitter.com/DrewWill_79/status/351504144995086337/photo/1

Beat writer just saying he had heard that Moten decommitted from Florida the writer asked him about it and Moten said that it wasn't true. That is all it said.

@BFeldmanCBS: Brad Kaaya's another QB impressing @Elite11 coaches. #Miami commit made big improvement since 1st day here.

- Artavis Scott is set to decide today between his top 3 of UCF, UF, and Clemson.
- Todays the player's will go through an NFTC. After that it will be the SPARQ Championship.

Last edited:
Advertisement
****. Imagine if we had offered Mahalek too. We could have gotten the best stable of QBs at UM since the glory days.

Jimmy Johnson plaque at The Opening:

977540.jpg

Advertisement
Back