Nike The Opening Thread (ESPNU 9PMET) Tonight

Advertisement
Question, so I see all these Nike Openings, Elite 11, Rivals 5 star challenge...how the **** do these kids afford to fly cross country for these events? Does Nike/Rivals pay their way?

Rivals pays plane tickets too, some recruits wanted to visit Notre Dame while being at Chicago but they couldn't visit ND on Rivals transport fees...

Brad Kaaya will be the QB of team #APOCALYPSE along with Kyle Allen and Jacob Park.

Today's competition will be more in depth, they will be focusing on progressions and reading defenses.

- Bo Jackson and Jerry Rice have arrived. They'll be there the next 4 days teaching skills to the recruits.

Last edited:
Question, so I see all these Nike Openings, Elite 11, Rivals 5 star challenge...how the **** do these kids afford to fly cross country for these events? Does Nike/Rivals pay their way?

Man this is like the biggest thing every year Nike sponsors all that stuff air plane tickets, hair cuts, video game challenges hotels
It's crazy

And besides the kids get to see Oregon for a mini unofficial visit lolol
It's high school 7 on 7's on steroids

As much as Nike's presence at UO's football part of campus and the look of their student athlete center is similar in appearance to Nike buildings, Nike's headquarters in Beaverton are just outside of Portland, and UO is in Eugene, 100 miles south

Advertisement
Brad Kaaya will be the QB of team #APOCALYPSE along with Kyle Allen and Jacob Park.

Today's competition will be more in depth, they will be focusing on progressions and reading defenses.

- Bo Jackson and Jerry Rice have arrived. They'll be there the next 4 days teaching skills to the recruits.

these QB's are incredibly lucky to get the skills training that they get at this particular event. No way Kaaya doesnt end up elite 11 and it wouldnt surprise me if he finished top 3 in the whole thing.

these QB's are incredibly lucky to get the skills training that they get at this particular event. No way Kaaya doesnt end up elite 11 and it wouldnt surprise me if he finished top 3 in the whole thing.

Exactly they invited some of the best former and current QBs to help coach these guys up. The Elite 11 started Thursday or Friday so they receive about a week of great coaching.

I wonder if he tells every QB class they are the best he's seen in his career, or if thats truly how he feels about the '14 class.

Advertisement
Both the opening and the elite 11 aren't on the Oregon campus right? They're at nike facilities? Or does one of them take place on the campus

Advertisement
Both the opening and the elite 11 aren't on the Oregon campus right? They're at nike facilities? Or does one of them take place on the campus

Yeah they are both at Nike facilities.
Player's are beginning to arrive for the opening.

Trey Marshall, Dillon Bates, Artavis Scott, and Arrion Springs will be committing at the Opening.

Here is more information about the Elite 11
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-one-shows-how-much-the-elite-11-has-evolved-

Last edited:
- Alabama 5 star QB David Cornwell was reportedly underwhelming. It was only a Day 1. Plenty of chances over the next four days to stand out.

- Trent Dilfers top 6 in no particular order Brad Kaaya, Kyle Carta, Sean White, David Blough, Kyle Allen, Deshaun Watson.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Updates

- Trent's top six (in no order): Sean White, Kyle Carta-Samuels, Kyle Allen, Deshaun Watson, Brad Kaaya, David Blough.

- A lot of people felt Sean White didnt deserve to be at the elite 11 but he's shown great accuracy and is proving his doubters wrong

- Morgan Mahalak is a smart qb and impressed on the video board. With experience MM will be a very good qb

- Kaaya has good size & fundamentals. A lot of people think he is performing better than Kevin Olsen who saw both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updates

- Trent's top six (in no order): Sean White, Kyle Carta-Samuels, Kyle Allen, Deshaun Watson, Brad Kaaya, David Blough.

- A lot of people felt Sean White didnt deserve to be at the elite 11 but he's shown great accuracy and is proving his doubters wrong

- Morgan Mahalak is a smart qb and impressed on the video board. With experience MM will be a very good qb

- Kaaya has good size & fundamentals. A lot of people think he is performing better than Kevin Olsen who saw both.

If I remember correctly, Olsen started slow and learning from mistakes, finished strong to take a top 11 spot. I really like that we have qbs out there back to back years. Kaaya does have more upside, but Olsen is our best shot at NC in the next few years. Vinny had more upside than Bernie.

Trey Marshall, Dillon Bates, Artavis Scott, and Arrion Springs will be committing at the Opening.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-one-shows-how-much-the-elite-11-has-evolved-

Martinez on tuesday.. Marshall to FSU, Springs to Oregon, Bates to Tenn, Scott to Clemson seems to be the hot choices. I think Martinez goes to FSU as well.

Martinez on tuesday.. Marshall to FSU, Springs to Oregon, Bates to Tenn, Scott to Clemson seems to be the hot choices. I think Martinez goes to FSU as well.

I hope we get Martinez to complete the class. Whats up with the center from MNW? Anything new on him.

Advertisement
Back