Nike The Opening Thread (ESPNU 9PMET) Tonight

Regarding Lane how many catches did he have last season?

24/7 says 30 for 801 yards + 8 tds. Rushed for 120 yards too
Thanks.

**** thats crazy production on 30 receptions. The ONLY concern I have is just that. Only 30 receptions?

Hopefully he can get 50-70 this season.

I wouldn't be concerned with the receptions. A lot of stud high school receivers don't have a ton of receptions. Their qb was also a sophomore last year he should be improved.

Advertisement
Regarding Lane how many catches did he have last season?

24/7 says 30 for 801 yards + 8 tds. Rushed for 120 yards too
Thanks.

**** thats crazy production on 30 receptions. The ONLY concern I have is just that. Only 30 receptions?

Hopefully he can get 50-70 this season.
They were like a wing T offense last year so that is why his receptions were so low. Theya re moving to the spread this year so things should change

http://247sports.com/Article/Sean-White-takes-top-honors-at-Elite-11-The-Opening-137869

Final Elite 11 (listed in order as picked by the coaches)

1. Sean White
2. Kyle Allen
3. Will Grier
4. Jerrod Heard
5. Jacob Park
6. David Blough
7. Drew Barker
8. Luke Rubenzer
9. Brad Kaaya
10. Deshaun Watson
11. K.J. Carta-Samuels

As for The Opening, the event concluded with Field Generals defeating Alpha Pro 21-14 and being crowned as the champion. White was also named the MVP of The Opening after leading his team to the title.

The All-Tournament team
QB Will Grier – Alpha Pro
WR Ermon Lane – Alpha Pro
WR Austin Roberts – Field Generals
WR Malachi Dupre – Field Generals
WR/S Budda Baker – Apocalypse
RB Dalvin Cook – Land Sharks
TE Henry Mondeaux – Alpha Pro
CB Adarius Pickett – Field Generals
S Quin Blanding – Vapor Carbon
I call shenanigans on the Will Grier love. I didn't read much positive things about him, or maybe it just wasn't posted here since he's not a target of ours.

Advertisement
RiDLer80 said:
http://247sports.com/Article/Sean-White-takes-top-honors-at-Elite-11-The-Opening-137869

I call shenanigans on the Will Grier love. I didn't read much positive things about him, or maybe it just wasn't posted here since he's not a target of ours.

Nobody is going to post positive play by play updates about him on this board not even me. He is the enemy of people on this board so it makes no sense to talk about him. He lead his team to the finals and they were up with a minute left to play. He got 3rd place in the elite 11 and has a good shot at getting his 5th star.

Advertisement
As to Grier, I see him as Driskell-like in terms of hype. I think he's getting oversold, but isn't terrible. Solid, but unremarkable.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back