Nike The Opening Thread (ESPNU 9PMET) Tonight

Cook chased down that DB on the pick looked sick. The announcers couldn't stop talking about it. Rudolph had a ridiculous catch almost off the turf. Sweet hands! Hopefully they are both Canes by NSD

crazy CRAZY closing speed! Cant let that kid outta Dade

I dont think people understand how serious this is...

We cannot lose a freaking city kid to the gators. Not just any city kid either, The best player in Dade. Dude has put in work in the weight room too.

Advertisement
Cook chased down that DB on the pick looked sick. The announcers couldn't stop talking about it. Rudolph had a ridiculous catch almost off the turf. Sweet hands! Hopefully they are both Canes by NSD

crazy CRAZY closing speed! Cant let that kid outta Dade

I dont think people understand how serious this is...

We cannot lose a freaking city kid to the gators. Not just any city kid either, The best player in Dade. Dude has put in work in the weight room too.

Will Grier is very overrated! Didn't think Lane was anything to write home about either.

Advertisement
Oh well. Martinez was icing on the cake..Getting Trey Valentine makes not getting Martinez ho hum. I could care less. Valentine was the real coup tonite. Now lets get Patton on Monday.

From all the report, it looks like Lane needs to start focusing on his game more and less about doing interviews. Havent heard one report where it said he has dominated in anything. And he is the #1 WR in the country.

From the reports, he wasn't impressing at the Rivals 5star challenge either. I've never see him live, but I start to think maybe he's overrated...

Lets not get too carried away with Lane. Buddy is a stud. He just needs to refocus and stop all the grandstanding and interviewing. Needs to get back to business. Hes got the target on his back and every DB in Dade is gonna want to get there name in the paper by shutting him down. The Opening was good for him. Shows him that cats dont give a **** about what the star rankings say. You gotta come with it everyday. KC learned that lesson when he went head to head against CThomas at that one camp and got handled.

Was Team Apocalypse ever on during this event? Seems like every UM commit was minimized.

Advertisement
I think it was just the schedule. Since it started so late on the west coast. They did talk up Yearby quite a bit, and for good reason.

I wasn't impressed with lane at all either. Didn't really look like he was trying to hard much and def not on every play. JMO

Advertisement
Advertisement
http://247sports.com/Article/Sean-White-takes-top-honors-at-Elite-11-The-Opening-137869

Final Elite 11 (listed in order as picked by the coaches)

1. Sean White
2. Kyle Allen
3. Will Grier
4. Jerrod Heard
5. Jacob Park
6. David Blough
7. Drew Barker
8. Luke Rubenzer
9. Brad Kaaya
10. Deshaun Watson
11. K.J. Carta-Samuels

As for The Opening, the event concluded with Field Generals defeating Alpha Pro 21-14 and being crowned as the champion. White was also named the MVP of The Opening after leading his team to the title.

The All-Tournament team
QB Will Grier – Alpha Pro
WR Ermon Lane – Alpha Pro
WR Austin Roberts – Field Generals
WR Malachi Dupre – Field Generals
WR/S Budda Baker – Apocalypse
RB Dalvin Cook – Land Sharks
TE Henry Mondeaux – Alpha Pro
CB Adarius Pickett – Field Generals
S Quin Blanding – Vapor Carbon

Advertisement
Back