Nike deal

It sounds like they aren't getting the returns they want so they're dumping out of the market. That's if they let those programs go as you said.

I haven't read 99 percent of this thread. If it doesn't make money, why stay in it though.

They can’t afford to, that’s y. UA’s capital has been burned through by other decisions, so it doesn’t make sense or add up for them to continue in this arena. So yes, they have no other choice, but to down size to stay afloat.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The whole deal with Oregon having twenty uniforms always seemed really lame and desperate to me. It’s like “Hey! We’ve never actually won anything and we get curb stomped any time we play a team with a defensive line but look at our cool highlighter uniforms!” I understand that for some kids, that’s a big selling point but tbh, if the uniform is what’s most important to you, I’m it really sure you’re the kind of football player I want on my team.

U r right, UO had no choice but to go this route. They needed something to put them on the map, so they decided to just go crazy on uniform designs, & it has worked for them. UO did a lot of first, & it’s benefited them. We’re not UO; we don’t need 100+ uniform combinations.

They can’t afford to, that’s y. UA’s capital has been burned through by other decisions, so it doesn’t make sense or add up for them to continue in this arena. So yes, they have no other choice, but to down size to stay afloat.
Yeah, they doing a bunch of high school *****, now.

U r right, UO had no choice but to go this route. They needed something to put them on the map, so they decided to just go crazy on uniform designs, & it has worked for them. UO did a lot of first, & it’s benefited them. We’re not UO; we don’t need 100+ uniform combinations.
no one ever said we need 100 diff combos. we've never had that and we dont even have that now. we dont need to pretend to be bama though bc we aren't. we won titles in diff jerseys (01 jerseys weren't the same jerseys we won in before that). its nice to have updated looks every few years. we aren't a traditional power. we are the team and school that hit the jackpot years ago. we were never supposed to be good or even competitive in high end d1 sports.

no one ever said we need 100 diff combos. we've never had that and we dont even have that now. we dont need to pretend to be bama though bc we aren't. we won titles in diff jerseys (01 jerseys weren't the same jerseys we won in before that). its nice to have updated looks every few years. we aren't a traditional power. we are the team and school that hit the jackpot years ago. we were never supposed to be good or even competitive in high end d1 sports.

4 of our 5 titles came in the traditional uniforms, but I hear u.

It’s y I said getting an alternate every couple yrs should be on deck, but changing uni designs every couple yrs? Nah, not imo.

Advertisement
4 of our 5 titles came in the traditional uniforms, but I hear u.

It’s y I said getting an alternate every couple yrs should be on deck, but changing uni designs every couple yrs? Nah, not imo.
agree to disagree. **** old school. give me something new and fresh every few years.

The whole deal with Oregon having twenty uniforms always seemed really lame and desperate to me. It’s like “Hey! We’ve never actually won anything and we get curb stomped any time we play a team with a defensive line but look at our cool highlighter uniforms!” I understand that for some kids, that’s a big selling point but tbh, if the uniform is what’s most important to you, I’m it really sure you’re the kind of football player I want on my team.
This. IMO, It's just a gimmick for teams that have no history. It distracts the eyes away from what's actually happening on the football field. The recruits supposedly love all the different uniform combos, huh? I guess the kids that sign to play at the schools that win are built different. Either that, or they just don't really gaf about that nonsense, or at least, as much as we think.

Facts! We actually have a History. They don't.

Advertisement
Whatever brand they use, it should always be these:

Miami_LegendOfTheU_Away_Jersey.0.jpg
images.jpg

The green jersey is acceptable once a year or so, as is Miami Nights. The only time they should wear all of the same color is with the Stormtroopers.

Not that hard to mess up.

Advertisement
Someone could post a picture of updated Adidas uniforms with a Nike logo or vice versa and only really @Rellyrell would know if they’re legit…

I bet the response would be pretty comical…
well he is bought and paid for by the check mark.

i only really care for nike bc they make better fan gear. the jerseys are more for the actual dudes playing and not grown *** men.

Advertisement
well he is bought and paid for by the check mark.

i only really care for nike bc they make better fan gear. the jerseys are more for the actual dudes playing and not grown *** men.
You overstate how much the players care about uniforms. Alabama has a number on their **** helmet. Do I really need to go down the list?

At the end of the day, we need to innovate on the field not our **** uniforms. There is this misconception that we can’t wear classic uniforms because we are not a traditional school; but we never were not traditional because of what we wore. We were not traditional because of how the team played and carried itself on and off the field.

You overstate how much the players care about uniforms. Alabama has a number on their **** helmet. Do I really need to go down the list?

At the end of the day, we need to innovate on the field not our **** uniforms. There is this misconception that we can’t wear classic uniforms because we are not a traditional school; but we never were not traditional because of what we wore. We were not traditional because of how the team played and carried itself on and off the field.

Agree w/ u, but I won’t discount @hoops156 point. They make a solid point, and this article verifies this.

I know @Rellyrell is going to appreciate this, particularly since a bunch of hardheads think that Nike always puts the biggest money on the table (or else it is "disrespect").

Nike got LeBron for less money than Reebok offered (though more than adidas offered)...

View attachment 239299

View attachment 239300
Sonny has always looked out for the little guy. It sucks how he got screwed over by Nike. Was a huge Eddie Rios fan back when Sonny was running Reebok. Today, he lives in one of the more exclusive neighborhoods in the country over in Calabasas. Doesn't leave the house much anymore, but holds court daily and is still very involved in the world of basketball. Good dude!

Advertisement
Back