Nike deal

Advertisement
I have some neighbors that are a wealthy older couple that have a waterfront home. Every morning I see them walking and just recently noticed that they're both always effing barefoot. I used to think "These weirdos. They must be cot**** former hippie freaks that have more faith in the Lauderdale sewer systems than I do".

After reading this thread I'm thinking they have it all figured out and a shoeless life is the right path.

I have some neighbors that are a wealthy older couple that have a waterfront home. Every morning I see them walking and just recently noticed that they're both always effing barefoot. I used to think "These weirdos. They must be cot**** former hippie freaks that have more faith in the Lauderdale sewer systems than I do".

After reading this thread I'm thinking they have it all figured out and a shoeless life is the right path.
They used to be sneaker heads arguing about Nike vs Adidas until they met a man with no feet…

Advertisement

It’s called “grounding”, and it’s wonderful.

Three of their last four hires have been from within. I wouldn’t be shocked if they did it again. Phil invests in the facilities but he doesn’t splurge on coaches, at least in recent history. Even their recruiting didn’t explode until Mario arrived.
From the looks of it it seems like Knight has more say so about what the schools does than what Nike does.
Since he donates so much money he can dictate the Mario thing. But if Mario has a side contract with Nike would knight have as much juice?
He’s “chairman emeritus” at Nike.
Of course he’s gonna have some say and be respected. But maybe the financial and law gurus can chime in about how much he can do if there was a Nike deal with Mario.

It’s called “grounding”, and it’s wonderful.
Better than "pegging"? Asking for @nystateofmind.

The amount of flooding in South Florida would make me leery of going barefoot anywhere aside from the beach. There's probably more bacteria on our streets than in Candi Fisher or Megan Mullen's mouths.

Advertisement
Better than "pegging"? Asking for @nystateofmind.

The amount of flooding in South Florida would make me leery of going barefoot anywhere aside from the beach. There's probably more bacteria on our streets than in Candi Fisher or Megan Mullen's mouths.
I didn’t know that NYSOM account was even still active be careful, it’s like saying candy man in front of the mirror.

Yeah, and as I mentioned to someone else, in the corporate world, if you have a clause like this, you usually tell the impacted party as a courtesy, so they don't read about it in the newspaper. The fact that adidas did that and never said anything to Beta Blake is still a valid concern, even if Beta Blake was ALSO an idiot for not figuring things out sooner.
Facts.

Advertisement
So was listening to one of the canes blogs and they said Mario and money not an issue but somehow Nike was an obstacle.

Anyone know what that could mean?

I know Mario is very appreciative of what Phil Knight and Nike has done for him in giving him a P5 coaching opportunity and providing plenty of financial resources.

As a sort of pay back to Knight for what he’s done be that Mario asks for UM go back to Nike as part of the negotiations?

If that’s the case what are the legal and financial repercussions breaking the contract with ADIDAS?
The Adidas Contract runs through the 2027-2028 season with annual payments of approximately $8.2 million. So six more years at $8.2 million per year would leave $49.2 million outstanding. There is probably an out in the contract, but I have not idea how much. Highly unlikely Adidas would be willing to let UM out to sign with their biggest competitor.

The Adidas Contract runs through the 2027-2028 season with annual payments of approximately $8.2 million. So six more years at $8.2 million per year would leave $49.2 million outstanding. There is probably an out in the contract, but I have not idea how much. Highly unlikely Adidas would be willing to let UM out to sign with their biggest competitor.

Nope. First year was 2015-2016. Twelfth year will be 2026-2027. We have 5 years left (since this 2021-2022 year is effectively baked-in, basketball apparel is already delivered, baseball will be arriving soon).

Advertisement
Sue Me Season 4 GIF by The Office

they would be ****ed but oh well. maybe Phil likes south florida more as well lol
You gave someone ammo to start a rumor of Phil Knight moving Nike headquarters to Miami.
😂😂😂

Advertisement
Back