Nike deal

Advertisement
Nepotism. ND’s former AD who brokered this deal has a son who’s an exec there.

The players, students all wanted Nike, & ND said nah. Lol

The sick part? UA may not even have the cash flow to fulfill this. Lol

Odds they give ND the UCLA treatment in 3-4 years?

Advertisement
Odds they give ND the UCLA treatment in 3-4 years?

Fam, listen…UA has had a couple of good days on the market these past closings, but they are so far in to the woods. They made a huge financial commitment & legit, it’s monopoly $$. If ND don’t hold up it’s end of the partnership which is brand recognition, it’s going to be bad. But this was 1000% nepotism driven + ND’s insatiable desire to be “elite.” It’s why they haven’t joined a conference & why they always went against the grain. They have a severely inflated view of themselves, & eventually they’re going to be humbled.

Attachments

• IMG_0886.png
    IMG_0886.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
Advertisement
Fam, listen…UA has had a couple of good days on the market these past closings, but they are so far in to the woods. They made a huge financial commitment & legit, it’s monopoly $$. If ND don’t hold up it’s end of the partnership which is brand recognition, it’s going to be bad. But this was 1000% nepotism driven + ND’s insatiable desire to be “elite.” It’s why they haven’t joined a conference & why they always went against the grain. They have a severely inflated view of themselves, & eventually they’re going to be humbled.

Living in the Midwest as long as I have, I can honestly say Notre Dame is my most hated school. Ohio St is #2

ND fans are the most entitled turds, and then when you throw the Catholic religion component on it, they think they can do no wrong.

I hope we curb stomp them in 2024

Living in the Midwest as long as I have, I can honestly say Notre Dame is my most hated school. Ohio St is #2

ND fans are the most entitled turds, and then when you throw the Catholic religion component on it, they think they can do no wrong.

What’s funny? I was listening to one of their student podcast. They ran several polls where it was an overwhelming favorite & plea for ND to join Nike. There was ONE guy on the podcast and he said: “Guys, we have to remember we’re ND. If we join Nike, we’ll be like everyone else; if we join a conference, we’ll be like everyone else. It’s best we stay w/ UA. Yeah I know that the cleats have been breaking, and there’s been some printing issues w/ our apparel, but w/ UA we will be #1, just like we’re #1 for NBC.”

Bro, I was like these fools really think it’s the 70’s!

What’s funny? I was listening to one of their student podcast. They ran several polls where it was an overwhelming favorite & plea for ND to join Nike. There was ONE guy on the podcast and he said: “Guys, we have to remember we’re ND. If we join Nike, we’ll be like everyone else; if we join a conference, we’ll be like everyone else. It’s best we stay w/ UA. Yeah I know that the cleats have been breaking, and there’s been some printing issues w/ our apparel, but w/ UA we will be #1, just like we’re #1 for NBC.”

Bro, I was like these fools really think it’s the 70’s!
im sad that im jealous that they've been more relevant than we have making 2 title games. smh

Advertisement

I used to feel that way back in the 80’s, but ever since 2000-current my hatred for the Suckeyes has surpassed Notre Lame. For me, it goes way beyond the National Championship that they stole from us. Their fan base is insufferable, and are always whining that they’re getting shafted, or left out, if they aren’t in the NC game or playoff. Then you have the fact that they’re constantly coming into the Miami area and taking our kids...I’m so sick of that, as I’m sure most everyone else is. Notre Dame doesn’t typically go head-to-head with us for recruits like OSU does.

Advertisement
Really surprised ND would stay with UA if Nike was trying to land them. To me ND is one of the schools that should be an absolute bidding war to land because they are the only national program which means you can stock every store across the country and sell gear.

Really surprised ND would stay with UA if Nike was trying to land them. To me ND is one of the schools that should be an absolute bidding war to land because they are the only national program which means you can stock every store across the country and sell gear.
country? try world too. theyre one of the few if not only college program with a world audience.

Or maybe Nike as has been their MO for years tried to cheap out on ND, and UA made the best offer. ND has been with Champion, Adidas and UA over the years so brand loyalty isn’t a thing for them. You’d think Nike would be willing to overpay to have ND in their stable. Then again, they rely on paying everyone like crap to keep everyone, so breaking the bank isn’t in their best interests

Or maybe Nike as has been their MO for years tried to cheap out on ND, and UA made the best offer. ND has been with Champion, Adidas and UA over the years so brand loyalty isn’t a thing for them. You’d think Nike would be willing to overpay to have ND in their stable. Then again, they rely on paying everyone like crap to keep everyone, so breaking the bank isn’t in their best interests

Bruh, pls just stay out of these threads. U make the dumbest comments 24/7 on this subject that are baseless merits. I’ve already said what happened, genius; so stop w/ the extra narratives to fit ur bitterness.

Advertisement
Back