Nijel Pack to Miami

Advertisement
Can somebody explain to me how this is not pay for play? Your suppose to not use NIL for recruiting purpose. NCAA will be sniffing around sooner than later.

No. We can’t have negotiations with high school players in Florida. Him announcing this deal is telling every hs recruit he is ready to pay up. This is very smart and it’s completely in line.
This level of commitment will allow us to get upper echelon applicants whenever L moves on. Miami as of 3 o’clock today just became a top 10 job in the country imo

Advertisement
Ruiz too loud, he need to relax a little

I’ve felt that way for a while… on the other hand, he’s playing the game and he probably really is trying to promote LifeWallet in the process.

I think DRad is the real deal (I think he’s strong enough and smart enough to shut down a Nevin Shapiro type) and from what I can tell Ruiz is not being pushed away.

Paying players "illegally" while not allowing every school to do it was already ruining college sports.

If you don’t think with the path this is taking the gulf between the haves and have nots is going to get even more pronounced, I don’t know what to tell you.

I’ve felt that way for a while… on the other hand, he’s playing the game and he probably really is trying to promote LifeWallet in the process.

I think DRad is the real deal (I think he’s strong enough and smart enough to shut down a Nevin Shapiro type) and from what I can tell Ruiz is not being pushed away.
Not going to hurt potential recruits to see that what playing in Miami could bring them either… With that being said, it kind of does seem like it’s pay for play for UM (which can’t be proved, Ruiz is a lawyer and doesn’t seem like an idiot). At the same time, with Mario and Radakovich here, I don’t think we’ll have any problems.

LET THE HATE FLOWWWWW

Look, I think Ruiz is making it about himself and guys like that personally rub me the wrong way. In the old days, he’d be threatening the program with his antics.

HOWEVER, these are not the old days. Miami is not “literally just buying players”, Miami didn’t make the announcement, Miami didn’t take the risk. Ruiz did, it’s his money and his rep that gets put on the line. He just announced the sponsorship publicly, which is not uncommon. In fact the “reporter” is objecting to it being public and the timing, while lying about who announced it, and would be completely fine if it was under the table like the old days.

Im a bit torn on this because I love the attention it’s bringing and the way it’s leveling up the program, but I don’t like the way Ruiz (and his family) likes to be the story as much as the players. I can’t have it both ways.

Advertisement
Can somebody explain to me how this is not pay for play? Your suppose to not use NIL for recruiting purpose. NCAA will be sniffing around sooner than later.
Ruiz is playing close to the line by being so public, but the reality is that UM is not making these payments. Lifewallet/Ruiz is. If Pack wasn’t coming to Miami, he wouldn’t be an attractive sponsor to Lifewallet. It’s no different than a normal sports sponsorship.

I don’t understand how people can ask Ruiz to stay in the background. He’s paying UM athletes to promote him and his LifeWallet company. So, that is what he is doing. LifeWallet is now know all across the country from this marketing strategy.

Advertisement
Ruiz is playing close to the line by being so public, but the reality is that UM is not making these payments. Lifewallet/Ruiz is. If Pack wasn’t coming to Miami, he wouldn’t be an attractive sponsor to Lifewallet. It’s no different than a normal sports sponsorship.
Yep mostly sensibilities are being rustled by timing. Would the Columbus dealership who would've signed Pack to a deal be any different if a deal wasn't announced but Pack is driving in a new car to summer workouts?

Advertisement
Look, I think Ruiz is making it about himself and guys like that personally rub me the wrong way. In the old days, he’d be threatening the program with his antics.

HOWEVER, these are not the old days. Miami is not “literally just buying players”, Miami didn’t make the announcement, Miami didn’t take the risk. Ruiz did, it’s his money and his rep that gets put on the line. He just announced the sponsorship publicly, which is not uncommon. In fact the “reporter” is objecting to it being public and the timing, while lying about who announced it, and would be completely fine if it was under the table like the old days.

Im a bit torn on this because I love the attention it’s bringing and the way it’s leveling up the program, but I don’t like the way Ruiz (and his family) likes to be the story as much as the players. I can’t have it both ways.
Disagree. Ruiz family is all in on The U and trying to make us elite again. No other way to do it than what he's doing. Grateful for him.

Advertisement
Back