Nigel Knott 2016 CB

Advertisement
image.jpg

His recent like or whatever on Twitter

Massive bust

Got injured and wasn’t medically cleared by Bamas staff for over a year in a half until recently and by then he’s been passed up on the depth chart by Surtian and CIS favorite Jobe

Wouldn’t mind bringing him in as depth and letting him compete

Advertisement
Thank god he didn’t come here. We would be calling for heads and 30 pages about not developing talent and how he would be a first rounder at saban and co.
But wait! There’s more!! Just back in September bama was saying that he was stepping away From the game for a medical reason and he couldn’t play football?
you mean bama spins injury too??!!

Thank god he didn’t come here. We would be calling for heads and 30 pages about not developing talent and how he would be a first rounder at saban and co.
But wait! There’s more!! Just back in September bama was saying that he was stepping away From the game for a medical reason and he couldn’t play football?
you mean bama spins injury too??!!

Bama is notorious for this. They get kids that are not performing up to expectation on medical hardship waivers to free up scholarships. Nick has been playing this game for years.

Advertisement
Bama is notorious for this. They get kids that are not performing up to expectation on medical hardship waivers to free up scholarships. Nick has been playing this game for years.
But I thought they were an nfl factory that can turn rabbit pellets into diamonds? And that saban was the db whisperer?

Yes, Saban and Bama have been doing that for years. But that kid was a RS Junior last year, Bama could have easily left him on the roster, let him finish his 4th year and not renew him.

They didn’t medical RS him until after the season began so it’s not like they needed his scholarship for another player.

By Medical RSing him they were on the hook for his education until he graduated. (Kids who get medical RS have been known to change majors and prolong their time in school)

Yes, Saban and Bama have been doing that for years. But that kid was a RS Junior last year, Bama could have easily left him on the roster, let him finish his 4th year and not renew him.

They didn’t medical RS him until after the season began so it’s not like they needed his scholarship for another player.

By Medical RSing him they were on the hook for his education until he graduated. (Kids who get medical RS have been known to change majors and prolong their time in school)

I believe someone mentioned they are currently at 89 scholarships for the spring, so its no surprise a few players are getting miraculous career ending injuries before they start spring practice :) He would be allowed to stay in school and have all expenses paid but cannot play and would not count against the 85 cap. I am sure he wanted to play his senior year, Bama doesn't want to outright cut him by not renewing his scholarship (Bad optics), so this is a nice alternative so the kid stays in school gratis. The kid told Nick FU and put himself in the portal.

Typical playbook for Nick - spring cleaning of under-performing kids when he needs scholarships.

Advertisement
He is a sneeze away from being physically unable to perform. Not needed.

I believe someone mentioned they are currently at 89 scholarships for the spring, so its no surprise a few players are getting miraculous career ending injuries before they start spring practice :) He would be allowed to stay in school and have all expenses paid but cannot play and would not count against the 85 cap. I am sure he wanted to play his senior year, Bama doesn't want to outright cut him by not renewing his scholarship (Bad optics), so this is a nice alternative so the kid stays in school gratis. The kid told Nick FU and put himself in the portal.

Typical playbook for Nick - spring cleaning of under-performing kids when he needs scholarships.

They were at 81 last September when the decision to Medical RS came down but I just what you are saying.

The 25/85 rule was put into place limit the BS from primarily SEC schools but they have found ways around while most other programs suffer below the 85 limit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back