Nigel Bethel Jr

He can definitely 10-15 lbs from now to the start of theseason. Don't know why weight even be a problem, the concern is whether he can play or not.
He has a small frame. He could def gain weight, I just don’t think he has yet. I think it’s a combination of weight and whether he can play.

Advertisement
Get ready to see this kid get a good amount of playing time this year.

As of right now he is our 4th corner. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

Has anyone seen and/or heard how he's progressing and how he performed in his redshirt year?
kid should be good at nickle when given shot has as much speed as any of our cbs . that said at best is probably 4th and might be 5th by time season starts Williams could pass him also

Advertisement
Let’s hope so because Buchanan was a stud for the Canes of old. Here’s hoping he finds some burn somewhere on the team this year - ST’s nickel, somewhere because speed can’t be coached and this kid has that in droves.

It sounds to me like 50% of our CB's are well undersized in Bandy, Bethel, and Couch. Let's hope this group can stay healthy. Again, it's so huge we got Williams. It shouldn't surprise anyone if he starts on the outside.

5'10 isn't undersized for a CB...
2018 NFL draft has 6 CBs drafted in the first 4 rounds, none were over 6', only 2 were AT 6'. The 2 first round draft picks were 5'10 and 5'11.

Also, here's what I posted about the same topic last year:

I get the obsession with size....but...this is the drafted CB's from 2017 NFL draft

Round - (Pick) - Size

1(4) 5'11
1(18) 5'10
1(30) 5'10
2(13) 6'0
2(21) 5'11
2(23) 5'11
2(24) 5'11
2(26) 6'0
2(31) 6'1
3(21) 6'1
3(35) 6'1

Bandy, at 5'9 is the only undersized CB by NFL standards.

Advertisement
5'10 isn't undersized for a CB...
2018 NFL draft has 6 CBs drafted in the first 4 rounds, none were over 6', only 2 were AT 6'. The 2 first round draft picks were 5'10 and 5'11.

Also, here's what I posted about the same topic last year:

Bandy, at 5'9 is the only undersized CB by NFL standards.

No. There’s more to it than height. Couch and Bethel are undersized when you add weight into the picture. There’s nobody getting drafted that weighs 150lbs or even 170lbs at CB in any round.

No. There’s more to it than height. Couch and Bethel are undersized when you add weight into the picture. There’s nobody getting drafted that weighs 150lbs or even 170lbs at CB in any round.

Bruh... you cant be serious. They will get bigger over time. Most CBs ain't walking into a program at 185+ already. They LEAVE that weight just like every other college athlete lol

Advertisement

Nigel Bethel is the prototype NFL CB. In no way shape of form is Nigel Bethel undersized for a CB.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure Manny and this coaching staff will use the players where they can be an asset to the team.it'll take part of the season for the coaches and players get acclimated to each other and see who's best at any given situation during a game .by the end of next season team should be gelling together hitting that stride in taking a bigger step in 2020.

Advertisement
ATHLETE

Just needs to develop. Luckily, I think we have a coach that can help with that.

Yes get athletes and coach them. Kid has speed not sure about the hips but I think wit need more cover guys honestly. Our corners are almost Corner/Safety Hybrids only CB I trust in man coverage right now is bandy.

He has to play. We have 6 corners. 2 are true freshmen including one who weighs 150 pounds. We loose anybody and Nigel is right in the fire.

Advertisement
Back