Nigel Bethel Jr

Advertisement
Just let everybody compete, it's sink or swim time, we need to see who can swim in this CB group.

And I disagree that Christian Williams will be starting, I believe he'll play, mostly on ST's but if all the Corners stay healthy he's not showing up in June & taking anybody's spot in Fall camp.

If he's good enough I would have no problem with him starting, but I just don't see him coming in & starting over Blades Jr or Ivey. He'll compete with Bethel for that 4th CB spot.

I don't see Couch playing much this season, I think he'll play 2-4 games but Redshirt.

And I do think Gurvan Hall is a possibility to play some nickel corner...The way JJ and Bandy did early in their career. top 3 safeties are potential studs and that could be a way to get all 3 on the field, which is what they are doing possibly with Frierson to striker to begin with.

Last edited:
Just let everybody compete, it's sink or swim time, we need to see who can swim in this CB group.

And I disagree that Christian Williams will be starting, I believe he'll play, mostly on ST's but if all the Corners stay healthy he's not showing up in June & taking anybody's spot in Fall camp.

If he's good enough I would have no problem with him starting, but I just don't see him coming in & starting over Blades Jr or Ivey. He'll compete with Bethel for that 4th CB spot.

I don't see Couch playing much this season, I think he'll play 2-4 games but Redshirt.
I agree with you on most of that. I think Williams will be in the 2 deep at CB. Yeah, it's a long shot for him to start. Still, I think he's more physically ready than any of the freshman from last year. Who do you think is more likely to get the nod opposite Bandy? Blades or Ivey.

Advertisement
And I do think Gurvan Hall is a possibility to play some nickel corner...The way JJ and Bandy did early in their career. top 3 safeties are potential studs and that could be a way to get all 3 on the field, which is what they are doing with Frierson to striker.
That should be the base defense if PJ was still at GT.

Rumph gonna turn this kid into Phil Buchanan by his jr year... watch.
he might just do that. kid was raw but had all kinds of talent. I expect him to play some but I think blades/ivey play more. on outside with bandy in nickle/outside role like chris harris in Denver. when in base d bandy outside cb when nickle he moves inside blades/ivey whoever isn't other cb replaces bandy outside in nickle but I expect bethel to get some burn also mostly in nickle and dime d though

Advertisement
We give Dean way too hard of a time for a guy that was the third corner on the #1 pass defense in the country.
He was serviceable this year but in 2017 he was straight lost, I don't recall who was coming out of JUCO as a CB other than Sheffield his year but he was #2 in the composite at CB. He looked like a true freshman.

Advertisement
Back