Nickel defense without Bush

rok

Great Poster
Who do we think will replace Bush as the nickel cb/lb for the first half?

DeonSLB.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Safeties will be Jenkins and Crawford, CB's will be Burns & Howard on the outside with Corn in the Slot.

Corn has the speed to cover the slot and is prob our best tackling CB

id hope its jaquan he should be playing over crawford, from tackling standpoint crawford is better, quan is light years ahead in coverage

I think Michael Wyche might play a role.

Jokes aside, Alfredo seems to have absolutely no worries about this if you listen to him talk this week. I'd say that should be an absolute red flag but Corn's versatility should actually negate any issues.

Advertisement
The scheme is so top notch, Dorito can throw a barrel full of fish heads as his nickel and they still won't complete more than 25% of their passes

de kamalu - thomas

nt heurtelou - norton

dt jenkins - moten

olb harris - aqm

ilb grace - perry

ilb kirby - young

olb mccord - smith

cb elder - redwine

cb howard - jackson

nb burns - jaquan

fs crawford - jaquan

ss jenkins - jaquan

Advertisement
de kamalu - thomas

nt heurtelou - norton

dt jenkins - moten

olb harris - aqm

ilb grace - perry

ilb kirby - young

olb mccord - smith

cb elder - redwine

cb howard - jackson

nb burns - jaquan

fs crawford - jaquan

ss jenkins - jaquan

That LB depth :11263365343_2b1651d

LB depth moving forward is a nightmare

SLB McCord - Smith - Gordinier

MLB Kirby - Young - McCray

WLB Grace - Perry - King

Advertisement
id hope its jaquan he should be playing over crawford, from tackling standpoint crawford is better, quan is light years ahead in coverage
:monkey-serious:

Have you not been watching the games??...Crawford has been awful at tackling people in space <- exactly what a safety should be doing at a high level.

In the box, he is a good tackler because he simply dives at peoples feet. Get him in space and he hugs air more often than not.

Safeties will be Jenkins and Crawford, CB's will be Burns & Howard on the outside with Corn in the Slot.

Corn has the speed to cover the slot and is prob our best tackling CB
I want to see Redwine get in the CB rotation some now. Spell Howard some...Tracy's been less than stellar. I'd be on board with what you posted above, and replace Howard with Redwine.

Advertisement
Back