Nice class, but where are we going to pick up some CBs?

Advertisement
I'm sure that you are correct but what is it exactly that you think opposing staff's are hammering Rumph about?

Hammering in their head that its simply Rumph.

Opposing Recruiter: You really going to bet your future on Miami when kids that he coached growing up didn't even trust him? They're probably getting rid of him...then you don't even know who it is you're putting your stock on.

Opposing Recruiter: You really going to bet your future on Miami when kids that he coached growing up didn't even trust him? They're probably getting rid of him...then you don't even know who it is you're putting your stock on.
maybe you just need some patience.

Yeah I can definitely see that line being used. I asked because I thought that you may have been referring to some dirty laundry on Rumph that I was unaware of.

Advertisement
We've completely botched cornerback recruiting.

However, the reality is, you can find corners ANYWHERE and many emerge very late in the process or are legitimate diamonds in the rough. You just need to put your big boy pants on and ******* scout if you're going to swing and miss this bad on all of the top recruits.

WIth that said, if this doesn't get Mike Rumph a pink slip, idk what will. This year was pretty inexcusable considering there was a global pandemic that kept recruiting very local and its South Florida and cornerbacks grow on trees.

Negative recruiting probably playing a big role here.
There were like 40 D1 corners signed from the state...Let's say 8 were UM quality, and another 10 or soshould have been on the board...Every one of them aren't at UM because of negative recruiting? Nah...The CB was botched, like it has been the past 4-5 years

In Novmember we know we needed another corner, if not 2 (2 may have been though with numbers, although it's pretty obvious NCAA is gonna lighten something up soon)...Our answer for this need? Drop Burns and add air?...We turned up the heat on 2-3 kids that weren't coming (Mcghee), threw out a token offer or 2 (Anderson from GA???) and prayed...Should have been 6-7 blanket offers and full court presses to reasonable targets...And while we're on the subject, both for your sake AND THE KIDS if you are dropping Burns, do it by August-not November

Last edited:
We've completely botched cornerback recruiting.

However, the reality is, you can find corners ANYWHERE and many emerge very late in the process or are legitimate diamonds in the rough. You just need to put your big boy pants on and ******* scout if you're going to swing and miss this bad on all of the top recruits.

WIth that said, if this doesn't get Mike Rumph a pink slip, idk what will. This year was pretty inexcusable considering there was a global pandemic that kept recruiting very local and its South Florida and cornerbacks grow on trees.
More important than a pink slip for Rumph, Manny needs to take a long look in the mirror and reevaluate everything in that area - how they target and recruit, how they coach, how his scheme involves the position, and how they play.

Advertisement
It's something so bizzare it completely defies common sense and/or logic. How is it even possible to be in charge of recruiting CBs to a program like UM that sits right in the center of the richest recruiting hotbed in the nation for competitive explosively athletic players at CB, WR, S, LB, DE and RB and not have a single CB commit by Early Signing Day? How is that even remotely possible in a year where CB is A need position? We are witnessing incompetence on a scale that is literally unimaginable to a rational critically thinking individual.

Confused Jim Carrey GIF

Advertisement
Regardless of who we make a last ditch effort to get at CB to close out this class, we still need a new DC & CB’s coach.

The 2022 class on Defense is absolutely loaded with talent even more than the 21 class & we can not afford to have another late winter of stumbling all over ourselves into the two NSD’s rummaging through the garbage in search of CB’s.

If Manny doesn’t pull his head out of his *** & make some changes to the Defensive staff he’s gonna fck himself royally missing on top tier talent on Defense in the 22 class.

There’s nothing that can be spun, it’s not up for debate anymore, at the very least Baker & Rumph’s gotta go, if not don’t even waste your time paying attention to CB & LB for the 22 class, because whoever they are ain’t gonna come here with those 2 duds recruiting them.

We need a competent DC that coach up the talent on Defense (particularly at LB) we already got & a heavy hitter CB coach that can actually recruit & sign a **** CB.

Regardless of who we make a last ditch effort to get at CB to close out this class, we still need a new DC & CB’s coach.

The 2022 class on Defense is absolutely loaded with talent even more than the 21 class & we can not afford to have another late winter of stumbling all over ourselves into the two NSD’s rummaging through the garbage in search of CB’s.

If Manny doesn’t pull his head out of his *** & make some changes to the Defensive staff he’s gonna fck himself royally missing on top tier talent on Defense in the 22 class.

There’s nothing that can be spun, it’s not up for debate anymore, at the very least Baker & Rumph’s gotta go, if not don’t even waste your time paying attention to CB & LB for the 22 class, because whoever they are ain’t gonna come here with those 2 duds recruiting them.

We need a competent DC that coach up the talent on Defense (particularly at LB) we already got & a heavy hitter CB coach that can actually recruit & sign a **** CB.
I apologize if you’ve already addressed this elsewhere, but do you have replacements in mind that would fit best in those two spots (DC and CB coach)? Do you think Muschamp or Strong are candidates worth pursuing?

Advertisement

Until this happens I’m not confident they will get any CB’s

I don’t want anymore g5 coaches. I want p5 coaches. Even if it’s a risky hire like t rob as DC. It’s time to put our **** big boy pants on as a program. We did it on offense Last offseason. It’s time to do it on defense.

Last edited:
I apologize if you’ve already addressed this elsewhere, but do you have replacements in mind that would fit best in those two spots (DC and CB coach)? Do you think Muschamp or Strong are candidates worth pursuing?
To answer your first question, you **** right I do lol.

To the second question, Muschamp, ehh Idk, I’m not so sure he would ever be comfortable being a DC for a guy like Manny & I highly doubt Manny would ever hire a guy like him who would usurp his power at every step lol, the personality clash there seems to wide to overcome IMO, if Diaz does fire Baker I don’t think he’d really consider Muschamp.

As for Strong, doubtful. He hasn’t been a DC in over a decade, I actually think he’d be better off being a HC again somewhere, I don’t think he’s a legit option here.

I don’t want anymore g5 coaches. I want p5 coaches. Even if it’s a risky hire like t rob as DC. It’s time to put our **** big boy pants on as a program
Every single P5 coach coached at G5’s & lower level schools, literally every single one of them, including Saban, Dabo, Urban, Lincoln Riley etc..

Good coaches are not exclusive to the P5, in fact all the P5’s get their coaches from the G5’s.

Saban’s DC Pete Golding was at Southeastern Louisiana, Southern Miss & UTSA before he got hired at Bama, he had never coached at a P5 before Saban hired him. Dabo’s OC Tony Elliott was at South Carolina St & Furman before he got hired at Clemson.

It doesn’t matter what school they’re at, it matters how good they are their job.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back