Nice class, but where are we going to pick up some CBs?

rolodex

Recruit
Anyone know who's left that we can realistically sign or are we going to the portal for CBs? Any CBs in the portal looking at us?

Advertisement
Advertisement
The issue with the portal (unless the kid Cribby has referred to comes) is that it’s gonna be hard to get a good one because we return everyone. Portal kids want to be guaranteed to play right away... shouldn’t be that hard but.. you never know
If they are worth the scholarship, they can start at CB across from Couch. Same thing with picking up Phillips and Roche even though we had a Patchan coming back.

Advertisement

Maybe ?

We all know if the position opens up he'll hire from within & go with DVD. But I just dont see why Manny can't at least see if T-Rob would have any interest in being CB coach.

Nothing against DVD but a P5 school like Miami shouldn't be an entry level job anymore for ANY position. That **** needs to stop. I mean.. Jon Richt, Patke & Rumph all got their first FBS on field job in the P5 at Miami. ***** got to stop.

We all know if the position opens up he'll hire from within & go with DVD. But I just dont see why Manny can't at least see if T-Rob would have any interest in being CB coach.

Nothing against DVD but a P5 school like Miami shouldn't be an entry level job anymore for ANY position. That **** needs to stop. I mean.. Jon Richt, Patke & Rumph all got their first FBS on field job in the P5 at Miami. ***** got to stop.

the issue with T rob is he was a bum *** DC at a p5. **** look for at least a lower level p5 or g5 dc job before rounding out at DB coach again

Advertisement
The issue with the portal (unless the kid Cribby has referred to comes) is that it’s gonna be hard to get a good one because we return everyone. Portal kids want to be guaranteed to play right away... shouldn’t be that hard but.. you never know

I’m hopeful there will be more players with 2-3 years of eligibility in the portal because of the transfer waiver this year.

With how F’d up 2020 has been there are going to be a lot more non-playing time related transfers as well.

It is unfathomable to me that 1 of

Burns/Knowles/Derrick Edwards aren't in this class

That doesn't even get into Sistrunk and Brantley...It's like they don't even try at corner.
It's something so bizzare it completely defies common sense and/or logic. How is it even possible to be in charge of recruiting CBs to a program like UM that sits right in the center of the richest recruiting hotbed in the nation for competitive explosively athletic players at CB, WR, S, LB, DE and RB and not have a single CB commit by Early Signing Day? How is that even remotely possible in a year where CB is A need position? We are witnessing incompetence on a scale that is literally unimaginable to a rational critically thinking individual.

Advertisement
It's something so bizzare it completely defies common sense and/or logic. How is it even possible to be in charge of recruiting CBs to a program like UM that sits right in the center of the richest recruiting hotbed in the nation for competitive explosively athletic players at CB, WR, S, LB, DE and RB and not have a single CB commit by Early Signing Day? How is that even remotely possible in a year where CB is A need position? We are witnessing incompetence on a scale that is literally unimaginable to a rational critically thinking individual.

Negative recruiting probably playing a big role here.

We desperately need CBs. Rumph has to go, and whom ever is involved in CB recruiting. Hopefully we find gold in the portal. But good CBs are at premium. Rest of the class is **** good though.
I agree with everything here but we seem to be a very desirable program for portal kids and grad transfers. The U brand is still on solid ground, the tropical location and weather are great selling points and in such a cosmopolitan type megalopolis like the South Florida area there is certainly no shortage of opportunities for kids to make some money on their name.

This CB situation is beyond ridiculous and the coaches responsible must be fired but I remain confident in our ability to remedy the issue for the time being mostly because of what I outlined above.

Advertisement
Back