Nice class, but where are we going to pick up some CBs?

Every single P5 coach coached at G5’s & lower level schools, literally every single one of them, including Saban, Dabo, Urban, Lincoln Riley etc..

Good coaches are not exclusive to the P5, in fact all the P5’s get their coaches from the G5’s.

Saban’s DC Pete Golding was at Southeastern Louisiana, Southern Miss & UTSA before he got hired at Bama, he had never coached at a P5 before Saban hired him.

It doesn’t matter what school they’re at, it matters how good they are their job.
I do understand this but It hasn’t worked out for us recently.

Advertisement
Every single P5 coach coached at G5’s & lower level schools, literally every single one of them, including Saban, Dabo, Urban, Lincoln Riley etc..

Good coaches are not exclusive to the P5, in fact all the P5’s get their coaches from the G5’s.

Saban’s DC Pete Golding was at Southeastern Louisiana, Southern Miss & UTSA before he got hired at Bama, he had never coached at a P5 before Saban hired him.

It doesn’t matter what school they’re at, it matters how good they are their job.

I always go back to the Spurrier example. He went out and did a statistical analysis of all the DCs in the country, and Stoops had the best numbers and biggest turnaround at K-State, so Spurrier hired him.

I do understand this but It hasn’t worked out for us recently.
Rhett Lashlee is the best OC we’ve had in a decade & he was at a G5 before coming here.

Dan Enox was at Bama before he came to Miami & was the worst OC we’ve had in decade.

Just because it doesn’t work it one instance or another doesn’t invalidate every single coach that just so happens to coach at a non P5. It doesn’t matter if the coach is a FCS guy or a P5 guy, if he’s smart & good at his job he’ll be successful.

The conference is irrelevant. It’s about the person who makes the hire & whether or not they did they homework on the guy or not.

Rhett Lashlee is the best OC we’ve had in a decade & he was at a G5 before coming here.

Dan Enox was at Bama before he came to Miami & was the worst OC we’ve had in decade.

Just because it doesn’t work it one instance or another doesn’t invalidate every single coach that just so happens to coach at a non P5. It doesn’t matter if the coach is a FCS guy or a P5 guy, if he’s smart & good at his job he’ll be successful.

The conference is irrelevant. It’s about the person who makes the hire & whether or not they did they homework on the guy or not.
Rhett was at Auburn as well but your points are valid. Hopefully we get it right if it happens

Rhett was at Auburn as well but your points are valid. Hopefully we get it right if it happens
Before Auburn he was at Ark St, he didn’t start out at Auburn.

UNC’s OC Phil Longo was at Southern Illinois, Youngstown St, Slippery Rock & Sam Houston St before he ever got hired at a P5. The current OC at Texas Mike Yurich was at two DII schools in Edinboro & Shippensburg before he got hired at OK St & then Texas. Sean Gleeson was at a DIII school Fairleigh ****inson & then Princeton before he got hired at OK St. West Va’s HC Neal Brown, was at UMass, Sacred Heart, Delaware & Troy before he ever got a P5 job. Long time DC Bob Shoop was at Yale, Villanova, Army, Columbia, UMass, William & Mary before he got hired at Vanderbilt. Dave Aranda coached at Delta St, Southern Utah, Hawaii & Utah St before getting hired at Wisconsin. Matt Campbell was at Bowling Green, Mount Union & Toledo before getting hired at Iowa St.

I could go on, but the point remains, it’s not the conference or the school, it’s who’s doing the hiring & how thoroughly he does his search in vetting the right guy to add on staff.

Advertisement
To answer your first question, you **** right I do lol.

To the second question, Muschamp, ehh Idk, I’m not so sure he would ever be comfortable being a DC for a guy like Manny & I highly doubt Manny would ever hire a guy like him who would usurp his power at every step lol, the personality clash there seems to wide to overcome IMO, if Diaz does fire Baker I don’t think he’d really consider Muschamp.

As for Strong, doubtful. He hasn’t been a DC in over a decade, I actually think he’d be better off being a HC again somewhere, I don’t think he’s a legit option here.
Sounds like you’d prefer to keep your DC and CB coach wish list to yourself for now. Lol.

Respect it, as well as all your insights.

Have we had any success with CB transfers? The only one I can remember is Javonte Dean, and he wasn't that good.

My hope is that we can pop a couple 2019/2020 type kids as CB that have some potential to develop and years to burn.

Like Akeem Dent. I haven’t kept up with the fallout at FSU, as it’s too hard to keep up with kids opting out in droves. Can we get a kid like that now with three years to play?

Advertisement
To answer your first question, you **** right I do lol.

To the second question, Muschamp, ehh Idk, I’m not so sure he would ever be comfortable being a DC for a guy like Manny & I highly doubt Manny would ever hire a guy like him who would usurp his power at every step lol, the personality clash there seems to wide to overcome IMO, if Diaz does fire Baker I don’t think he’d really consider Muschamp.

As for Strong, doubtful. He hasn’t been a DC in over a decade, I actually think he’d be better off being a HC again somewhere, I don’t think he’s a legit option here.
It’s a good point re: Muschamp. Richt had that problem when he hired Pruitt and it was an unmitigated disaster. I want Baker gone and a new view point brought it, but Manny needs to be mindful of the personality mesh.

Advertisement
Back