NFL Talent on the Canes roster 2021-2022

I'm confused the only NFL talent on the 2021 roster was Jon Ford. Everything ok OP?

Advertisement
The loss there is no excuse for but obviously we have a talent issue. I am going to always stick by that, some or most fans don’t think that but I am a firm believer jags have littered this roster for a long time. We can’t go backwards and we can’t fire the staff in year one, so hopefully he stacks and fixes this bs. This is Miami I want 1st round talent stacked no excuses.
Everyone knows we don’t have NFL talent. We just expect to compete with teams who also don’t have NFL talent.

Our roster is as bad as bad can get as far as NFL talent is concerned. Worst in the conference I’d imagine.

Advertisement
Advertisement
you're right, NFL GMs would come on this board and absolutely laugh their *** off at where our posters think these kids should be drafted and how they view their NFL potential vs. what the experts think.

Zion 1st rd pick! Rambo day 2 at worst! Its hilarious how many times on here the vast majority of posters on here would defend a kid who left early only for the inevitable UDFA signing to come 4 months later
Respectfully, outside of @Liberty City El , @gogeta4 and @Coach Macho @1murhurricane
I can’t stop but think some of you might want to stop and just try winning your fantasy football league. If I’ve forgotten anyone who’s ever actually coached a kid with a D1 offer, my apologies.

Advertisement
Respectfully, outside of @Liberty City El , @gogeta4 and @Coach Macho @1murhurricane
I can’t stop but think some of you might want to stop and just try winning your fantasy football league. If I’ve forgotten anyone who’s ever actually coached a kid with a D1 offer, my apologies.

Let’s just give them the only posting rights on here then

feel free to continue to completely ignore the last 4-5 NFL drafts and where our kids have gone and their impacts in the league

Another brilliant thread. Having a combined 50 four and five star kids on our roster to the zero that MTSU has is now not enough. Nope, we need 50 NFL draft picks as well.
Not sure how “brilliant” it is but OP is justifiably as perplexed and frustrated after 20 years of futility, just like the rest of us. To toss his valid thoughts to the wayside is just as if not more “brilliant”.

The four star and five star story is fantasy pick ‘em stuff. It’s been said a million times on here already. There is a massive toxic culture Mario and company have to fix. That includes numerous cancers on this team who are simply along for the ride. Some infect others and some just become a dead weight who never develop and materialize, many of those are the 4 star guys. They either don’t have the life structure, waste opportunities, or just don’t have the general make-up which is a serious recruiting error regardless of stars. Maybe they’re good kids. But they are devoid of what it takes to make it here and after. That includes one in particular who was crowned in the off-season as the next coming. Criticize Mario and the staff all you want. Ultimately he’s temporarily stuck with a squad which is close to 75% hold overs from an undisciplined, Mickey Mouse regime who recruited as lazy as possible relative to the big boys.

IMO there is NFL talent on this roster. Not a lot, but it’s not zero either. The biggest piece holding this group and others in the past back is a serious lack of accountability from peer to peer. The unfortunate part for these kids is it goes beyond just the team. It’s inhibited development for them personally and has shut off the spigot from NFL U. The recruiting nerds can see speed, strength, and stats like anyone else and assign all the stars they want. In reality it goes far beyond that when it comes to making it here and in the league. The MAJORITY of the guys who suit up every Saturday for us either don’t understand what it takes (yet, hopefully) or just don’t commit themselves enough and never will. To **** be the star system if the other elements are not in place.

I’ll wrap up with this. Mario is getting to a point where he has to make some very difficult decisions as far as personnel. Some of these guys who have underperformed for years do have the talent and at times flash the mental and emotional toughness to be very good or great. Many of us fans don’t take into consideration that when you’re a true leader of men like Mario and other members of his staff, there’s an element to believing your way and your system will develop these young men and provide that missing piece or pieces to bring them to where they need and should be. That’s all happening while these guys are showing flashes in the aforementioned areas which provides what’s needed for an extended look or a shot. As painful as the MTSU game was, it was a ****** necessity in ways to start the purge. He saw a smaller dog come in with more fight and a massive chip on its shoulder. Unfortunately our dogs are devoid of a lot of the traits mentioned and sunk when it mattered the most. The ****** part is guys like @DMoney and @Liberty City El (not speaking for them) will most likely tell you what I’m going to say which is there is not much behind them that’s ready right now. Personally for some of the guys I hope it gets fixed or they step up as they are killing themselves in the long run.

Advertisement
So many chicken littles. It’s not enough that we have people like Zo and Reed overseeing the football program. It’s not enough that our LB coach is a former Power 5 HC and legit DC. It’s not enough that our DC was nearly given the Aub HC job. Jason Taylor is studying film.

No.

This board has it all figured out.

People want to fire people and declare people “frauds.” I would love to see you guys make multimillion dollar hires and fire people at the first sign of failure. Having to deal with buyout contracts.

You people would all go broke and demand the sky but offer no compensation. Because you couldn't afford it.

So many chicken littles. It’s not enough that we have people like Zo and Reed overseeing the football program. It’s not enough that our LB coach is a former Power 5 HC and legit DC. It’s not enough that our DC was nearly given the Aub HC job. Jason Taylor is studying film.

No.

This board has it all figured out.

People want to fire people and declare people “frauds.” I would love to see you guys make multimillion dollar hires and fire people at the first sign of failure. Having to deal with buyout contracts.

You people would all go broke and demand the sky but offer no compensation. Because you couldn't afford it.
You’re spot on. Along with that you have to recruit the right 4 and 5 star guys especially in this day and age of NIL. Manny and his staff overwhelmingly were out of their league as far as successfully completing this all important task. The lack of upperclassmen succeeding both personally and for the team is a reflection of that. There will be massive increase in NFL talent over the next 3-4 years.

Let’s just give them the only posting rights on here then

feel free to continue to completely ignore the last 4-5 NFL drafts and where our kids have gone and their impacts in the league
Lol reading comprehension. Idiots telling me where in the draft our current kids are going. I’m tired of reading joe fat belly fantasy dad’s take on our kids and how the nfl feels about them forward looking. Lots of guessing from idiots. That’s all

Advertisement
Back