NFL Talent on the Canes roster 2021-2022

canefan

Freshman
Banned
Where is it?

Is there one kid on this team in the Jr/Sr classes that will make an NFL roster next year?

The BEST player on last yr's team CAN'T even make a practice squad.

It's not rocket science why we suck. Scheme can only hide so much. This isn't Coach NO D taking a defense with 8 kids who will make NFL teams and giving up 40 pts a game.

Even with a healthy X this is without a single doubt in my mind, the worst Miami WR room since I've followed the team in the mid 80s

Until we have 4-6 kids in each class that are legit NFL players, we can lose to anyone at any time. The sooner everyone comes to grips with the reality of this, the easier it will be to handle what's coming until/if Mario fixes the talent issue. He better hurry the f up this offseason between this class and the portal, otherwise it may never happen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’d say nfl guys are:
Rivers
Stevenson (as a safety)
Hedley (maybe)
Campbell?
Arroyo
Kam kinchens
James Williams (not as a safety)
Mesidor (maybe)
Taylor

That’s just spitballing. And no first rounders imo

so 5 sophs and a SR LT who might make a practice squad and JR DB who will be lucky to be a day 3 pick and most likely won't be playing the same position in the NFL. And the punter lmbo

Some of Cutcliffe's Duke teams had more NFL guys than this

Advertisement
Another brilliant thread. Having a combined 50 four and five star kids on our roster to the zero that MTSU has is now not enough. Nope, we need 50 NFL draft picks as well.

fantastic reading comprehension, you must have aced the SAT Verbal section lmbo

This board isn’t a go to for NFL GM’s. 😂 please stop and focus on your day jobs. My favorite part is the “he’s not going to play at this position in the NFL. Here’s where he’ll be playing”. 😂

The loss there is no excuse for but obviously we have a talent issue. I am going to always stick by that, some or most fans don’t think that but I am a firm believer jags have littered this roster for a long time. We can’t go backwards and we can’t fire the staff in year one, so hopefully he stacks and fixes this bs. This is Miami I want 1st round talent stacked no excuses.

I’d say nfl guys are:
Rivers
Stevenson (as a safety)
Hedley (maybe)
Campbell?
Arroyo
Kam kinchens
James Williams (not as a safety)
Mesidor (maybe)
Taylor

That’s just spitballing. And no first rounders imo

Pretty solid list. I'd add Mallory (he'll test well and will float around teams, imo), Zion, Chaney

Advertisement
This board isn’t a go to for NFL GM’s. 😂 please stop and focus on your day jobs. My favorite part is the “he’s not going to play at this position in the NFL. Here’s where he’ll be playing”. 😂

you're right, NFL GMs would come on this board and absolutely laugh their *** off at where our posters think these kids should be drafted and how they view their NFL potential vs. what the experts think.

Zion 1st rd pick! Rambo day 2 at worst! Its hilarious how many times on here the vast majority of posters on here would defend a kid who left early only for the inevitable UDFA signing to come 4 months later

fantastic reading comprehension, you must have aced the SAT Verbal section lmbo

Coming from the dude who just posted this drivel.

And lol at talking about reading comprehension, you can't even write a sentence correctly.

Advertisement
First, are we talking about 3rd/4th year kids OR strictly the current year they count towards? We have some 6th-year seniors and 4th-year sophomores.

As of now, TS2 is the only kid that has a chance of getting drafted outside of the 7th round.

Assuming 3rd+ kids:
TS2 is our best player and has been hurt a bunch. As mentioned, he likely moves to FS in the NFL or just plays ST. We need him to return for 2023 IMO.
Nelson late rounder. We need him to return for 2023.
Mallory UDFA, maybe 7th round... we want him to leave.
Knighton - 3rd down back likely UDFA
X- slot guy mid to late round IF he can get back and perform well for 2 years. Testing scores will matter.
TVD - not looking good as of now but things can change and he very well may need to transfer to get back to his full potential
Rivers - if he keeps performing well, he will play in the NFL but he needs 2 more years of good performances IMO
Chaney - IF he can stay healthy for all of 2023 and isn't passed by Citizen for the most snaps. He will test great.
Mesidor - needs more moves and another year of good tape.
Hutchinson - 47.5/punt is top 5 material... if he can keep that up and speed things up... he will get a look.
Hedley - I don't think he has a chance as he doesn't have a consistent leg.
Harvey - he has to get better with his hands and moves to just make an NFL roster
Hunte- he has to keep developing as his speed is clearly NFL material but the skillsets aren't there yet.
Gil - I think he has a chance but for some reason he hasn't played as much since 2020
Campbell- maybe if he plays well this year and next year. Another we need to return for 2023.

Thus, TS2 and maybe Nelson get drafted this year assuming both get healthy and perform well. The rest are UDFA at best without more positive tape.

First, are we talking about 3rd/4th year kids OR strictly the current year they count towards? We have some 6th-year seniors and 4th-year sophomores.

As of now, TS2 is the only kid that has a chance of getting drafted outside of the 7th round.

Assuming 3rd+ kids:
TS2 is our best player and has been hurt a bunch. As mentioned, he likely moves to FS in the NFL or just plays ST. We need him to return for 2023 IMO.
Nelson late rounder. We need him to return for 2023.
Mallory UDFA, maybe 7th round... we want him to leave.
Knighton - 3rd down back likely UDFA
X- slot guy mid to late round IF he can get back and perform well for 2 years. Testing scores will matter.
TVD - not looking good as of now but things can change and he very well may need to transfer to get back to his full potential
Rivers - if he keeps performing well, he will play in the NFL but he needs 2 more years of good performances IMO
Chaney - IF he can stay healthy for all of 2023 and isn't passed by Citizen for the most snaps. He will test great.
Mesidor - needs more moves and another year of good tape.
Hutchinson - 47.5/punt is top 5 material... if he can keep that up and speed things up... he will get a look.
Hedley - I don't think he has a chance as he doesn't have a consistent leg.
Harvey - he has to get better with his hands and moves to just make an NFL roster
Hunte- he has to keep developing as his speed is clearly NFL material but the skillsets aren't there yet.
Gil - I think he has a chance but for some reason he hasn't played as much since 2020
Campbell- maybe if he plays well this year and next year. Another we need to return for 2023.

Thus, TS2 and maybe Nelson get drafted this year assuming both get healthy and perform well. The rest are UDFA at best without more positive tape.

yes 3rd+ kids

its a barren wasteland of legit NFL talent and until that improves 6-6/7-5/5-7 will continue because the margin is so thin, one off day and you lose to UVA/Pitt/etc by three scores

Advertisement
Back