NFL random releases

Advertisement
Advertisement
Alex Leatherwood being on his potentially third team in three years is wild. I know opinions soured on him a little bit pre-draft, but...three teams in three years as a R1 pick is wild. He was thought to have a pretty safe floor as at least "starting material" (doesn't say much, I know)...but man, I guess he just ******* stinks.

Agude probably is dolphins practice squad if he makes it through..he has been impressive for the dolphins shockingly

I thought he was a nice, aight player. Role guy, but I saw a lot of good with him that may not have appeared on the stat sheet. He looked like a guy that could dig out a role as a deep, versatile, front seven guy...like that 5th or 6th EDGE defender on the roster that doesn't play a ton of gamedays, but rosterable. But there are also dozens of those guys every year...just depends on fit, finish, and you're in the right spot.

Advertisement
Any word on Lou Headley? He and another punter were competing for the Saints job. Based on the box score of last weeks game, and his competition out performed him. I would love to see Lou stick around the league for a while.

EDIT: I just saw the CanesInsight tweet that Headley made the Saints roster. :)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Alex Leatherwood being on his potentially third team in three years is wild. I know opinions soured on him a little bit pre-draft, but...three teams in three years as a R1 pick is wild. He was thought to have a pretty safe floor as at least "starting material" (doesn't say much, I know)...but man, I guess he just ******* stinks.

wasn't he a 5 star? doesn't that mean he gets an automatic hall of fame induction?

wasn't he a 5 star? doesn't that mean he gets an automatic hall of fame induction?
5-star, like 4-year college starter at several spots, Outland winner, All-American.

Dude just can't play, I guess. I remember when Saban was criticized for talking Leatherwood into his senior year, but I guess he knew this guy was going to be cheeks in the NFL. no idea.

He and Luke Joeckel are two dudes to me that stand out as R1 picks that "yall can't even play? not even a little bit? for real?" Strange NFL bust.

Advertisement
A lot of people on this board love Boutte...
Rightfully so, but he isn't the most impressive rookie on the team (which is difficult considering Boutte apparently caught everything close to him).

Bill is playing hide-and-seek with Demario Douglas. The guy apparently is uncoverable.

Advertisement
Back