NFL Mock Draft

Advertisement
I understand what you're trying to say but the fact is that Tua isn't going to go up against top pass defenses every week in the NFL. If that's your worry, I'm sure you wanted to pass on Mahomes, Mayfield, and Murray--guys who rarely if ever encountered a defense of Clemson or Bama's caliber.
I'd say the biggest worry for him is not so much the defenses he'll face but the offense he'd get drafted into. And that's not to say he won't struggle against NFL defenses, I think he will and not just against "top defenses". My main knock on him is that I don't think he's a guy who can lift the team around him and make them perform better. Either he gets drafted into a Maholmes type situation where there's a genius at OC that makes the game extremely easy for him or I think it's going to get really bad for him.

Not a fan of Herbert AT ALL. He’s a measureables kinda guy, no innate QB qualities. It’s said he’s a softie with no heart. That’s a baaad pick to be so high. I’d rather take JB.

Would not mind a safety with the first pick, if there is a viable candidate.

I agree on Bowles, although I am not sure the cupboard is full. White is proving to be a solid LB with last year's #1.

Delpit is legit. Yeah I was never sold on the Edwards pick and FS position isn't solved.

That's my issue with Bowles...everyone knows this secondary can't cover so why are they in single high coverage 90+% of the time? And Bowles always seems to use the wrong coverages in the wrong matchups. Too much zone against Giants and Saints, too much man against the Seahawks and Cards, etc.

I've been consistent in my belief that White was an overrated prospect. He was more of a late 1st rd prospect to me and I liked Bush better. Taking White at 5 was a reach but he's definitely improving with his play recognition and decisiveness and he has elite potential in the passing game. So he's on track to meet my expectations but I doubt he becomes the transcendent HoF guy that the media hyped him up as.

Delpit is legit. Yeah I was never sold on the Edwards pick and FS position isn't solved.

That's my issue with Bowles...everyone knows this secondary can't cover so why are they in single high coverage 90+% of the time? And Bowles always seems to use the wrong coverages in the wrong matchups. Too much zone against Giants and Saints, too much man against the Seahawks and Cards, etc.

I've been consistent in my belief that White was an overrated prospect. He was more of a late 1st rd prospect to me and I liked Bush better. Taking White at 5 was a reach but he's definitely improving with his play recognition and decisiveness and he has elite potential in the passing game. So he's on track to meet my expectations but I doubt he becomes the transcendent HoF guy that the media hyped him up as.
White seems to be playing well, for a rookie 2/3 into season one. I haven’t paid attention to the hype. And never do.

Advertisement
Jalen Hurts is a R1 QB.

This man is throwing 13.3 yards per attempt. No one has had over 11.6 in the history of college football. The man is averaging almost 2 full yards per pass attempt than the All-Time leader at that metric (Kyler Murray).

Look at the history of QBs that lead the nation in YPA. Just littered with R1 QBs.

Don't @ me later when this happens.

They match on some, but the sheer amount of recruits Bama has been getting has been ungodly. I think that'll start slowing down with others catching up. Also, remember how the NCAA came down on Ole Miss for buying recruits? It was a big no no getting the #1 class over Bama.

Yeah I remember that the year that they got Tunsil, and those other top guys.

Advertisement
Back