NFL HOF Reed

Reed is in on the first ballot. Question is does Edge get in? Next couple years will be his best chance as no other legit RB candidates are eligible.

Tomlinson just got in. After that, the most likely candidates at RB are Edge, Peterson and Gore, and the second two aren't eligible, so Edge has a good few years to make it.

I saw it mentioned somewhere that Portis is on the ballot, but I seriously doubt he makes the Hall and his qualifications definitely don't exceed Edge.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No question. There isn't any argument why he *shouldn't* be 1st ballot. **** near broke Nighttrain Lanes record for INTs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s hilarious that We’re talking about how many players should be 1st ballot nfl hall of famers from 1 college team where most played at the same time. And 2 of those can claim to be the best player in the same position! If it never would’ve happened no one would believe that it could.

Don't know about all that. sanders and bobby Taylor were the only corners I really saw give Irvin trouble.

Fairly sure deon loss every game against Miami. The great game in 87, mike scored two TDs including that long one we love to watch so much against double coverage. It seems to me that Deon was one of them and even with help mike scored the go ahead score. 88 was of course Deons rap debut with disastrous consequences. Don’t get me wrong. Deon was great but mike owned him, like we owned FSU back then.

Advertisement
If Reed isn't a 1st ballot.........I bet he doesn't act like a petulant little child when he's finally inducted..

3 Canes go in the Hall of Fame next year. Ed Reed, Edgerrin James and Jimmy Johnson! I’ve never been to Canton but if it happens, I’m booking my tickets. The Canes will take over Canton that weekend!!!

That's really optimistic. In looking at the list I thought 4 guys seemed certain or likely to make it -- Ed Reed, Champ Bailey, Tony Gonzalez and Steve Hutchinson.

That doesn't leave much room for others. Hutchinson may not sound like a lock but he narrowly missed last year, when no offensive lineman was picked, other than Jerry Kramer from the senior group. Hutchinson has the vital numbers in terms of All Pro and Pro Bowl. If not Hutchinson, then it could be Tony Boselli.

It indeed could be Edgerrin James' best shot. There isn't a logical receiver or quarterback or another running back. If offensive skill positions are represented only by Gonzalez, some balance with James would make sense. Another borderline guy is Ty Law but you already have two defensive backs more logical in Reed and Bailey.

Jimmy Johnson is possible since none of the other coaches look like slam dunks. The two contributor candidates are Pat Bowlen and Gil Brandt. If they pick Brandt that might actually lessen Johnson's chances since both represent Dallas. Brandt is older but there is speculation it will be Bowlen, who has had health issues.

The following year Reggie Wayne becomes eligible

Fairly sure deon loss every game against Miami. The great game in 87, mike scored two TDs including that long one we love to watch so much against double coverage. It seems to me that Deon was one of them and even with help mike scored the go ahead score. 88 was of course Deons rap debut with disastrous consequences. Don’t get me wrong. Deon was great but mike owned him, like we owned FSU back then.
Deion never covered Irvin in college...
Deion was on Brian Blades because of Blades WC Speed....The 75 Long TD was Dedrick Dodge who was on Mike

Last edited:
Deion never covered Irvin in college...
Deion was on Brian Blades because of Blades WC Speed....The 87 Long TD was Dedrick Dodge who was on Mike

I have to admit that I have not studied any film on it, but mike talks like they went head to head a lot. That game in particular mike has said Deon asked him when we were down late why he was still trying so hard. Hard to imagine not putting your greatest cb ever on Playmaker. FSU coaches really must have sucked back then. Considering how many games they loss to us, that makes sense.

Advertisement
Back