NFL Hall of Famer Randy Moss says Sean Taylor was the toughest competitor he ever faced

I'm biased but ST is still to this day is the best football player I have ever seen. Had his career not been shortened, he would've been a top 5 player of all time in the sport.

Advertisement
ST26; the NFL would’ve changed rules sooner b/c of him.

I’ve watched Reed, Lott, Lake, Dawkins, Atwater (who should be in the HOF), Woodson, Easley, Lynch....now Thomas and Chancellor. I’ve seen an abundant amount of all time great safeties; I’ve seen an abundant amount of pro bowl caliber safeties like Mike Brown, Rodney Harrison, Mark Carrier.

I grew up watching in an era where it was stylish for a safety to make any skilled player to fear the middle. With all that said, none compared to ST26.

To have that size, speed, IQ, and ability to take over....once in a generation type player. Even though he played for such a short period of time, teams r still looking for the next Sean Taylor. Truly missed.

Side note; that’s y I’m always going to have a little resentment for Banda sending out that edit of ST26 and referencing that chump Jobe.

ST was the man...but to say that Reed didn't compare to him is doing #20 an injustice. We have 2 of the greatest safeties to ever lace em up...but u gotta put a little more respect beside #20's number too.

I remember the day he destroyed Brett Favre. He had 2 picks and it should have been 5, he dropped a couple. Brett could not shake him. He purposely wouldn’t look at the receiver unto the last second and it didn’t matter. ST had a very high football iq

That's a great clip. One of the things I dislike about the new rules is that they eliminate the psychological aspect of football. ST, along with Lott and other guys mentioned, put the fear of God in receivers. You went across the middle at your own peril. That part of the game is going away. Too bad.

Miss ST like crazy, mane.

Advertisement
Reed and Taylor are both GOAT worthy but very different approaches to the game.

Taylor had godly level athleticism and led more through action than words.

Reed was MENSA level football IQ and we can't forget his halftime FSU speech.

Oh, and Moss > TO

SeanTay and Eddie Brown are easily the Most Naturally gifted FB Players in UM HIstory....People forget how Great Eddie was...

Reed and Taylor are both GOAT worthy but very different approaches to the game.

Taylor had godly level athleticism and led more through action than words.

Reed was MENSA level football IQ and we can't forget his halftime FSU speech.

Oh, and Moss > TO

This x 100000000000

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back