NFL Hall of Famer Randy Moss says Sean Taylor was the toughest competitor he ever faced

Advertisement
Toughest SOB college AND professional player I’ve ever seen. The dude wanted to crush your soul and separate it from your body on every single play. Hope he’s up there looking down on his Canes family with a smile on his face knowing things are finally heading in the right direction. If so, I’m sure he’s super proud.

ST26 was unreal.. he literally left it on the field every **** game. The kids today didn't even have the pleasure of watching him live and they all still know his name! I'll never forget the FSU game in the rain in Tallahassee where the man was everywhere on the field! If God designed a perfect football player it was ST26. It's great hearing the legends show their respect. He was a HOFer the moment he stepped in the NFL.

I'm not with retiring number but that one should be held in special regard at UM. Only ballers!!! You should have to earn that #

Advertisement
ST26; the NFL would’ve changed rules sooner b/c of him.

I’ve watched Reed, Lott, Lake, Dawkins, Atwater (who should be in the HOF), Woodson, Easley, Lynch....now Thomas and Chancellor. I’ve seen an abundant amount of all time great safeties; I’ve seen an abundant amount of pro bowl caliber safeties like Mike Brown, Rodney Harrison, Mark Carrier.

I grew up watching in an era where it was stylish for a safety to make any skilled player to fear the middle. With all that said, none compared to ST26.

To have that size, speed, IQ, and ability to take over....once in a generation type player. Even though he played for such a short period of time, teams r still looking for the next Sean Taylor. Truly missed.

Side note; that’s y I’m always going to have a little resentment for Banda sending out that edit of ST26 and referencing that chump Jobe.

Jerome Brown would have been another one. Sucks these two didn’t get to wreak havoc on teams for years to come.

Advertisement
This post made my morning

Still remember the morning my dad woke me up and told me. I was in 10th grade. Pops **** near cried too.

ST26 was unreal.. he literally left it on the field every **** game. The kids today didn't even have the pleasure of watching him live and they all still know his name! I'll never forget the FSU game in the rain in Tallahassee where the man was everywhere on the field! If God designed a perfect football player it was ST26. It's great hearing the legends show their respect. He was a HOFer the moment he stepped in the NFL.

I'm not with retiring number but that one should be held in special regard at UM. Only ballers!!! You should have to earn that #

I was there, too. The crazy part is that he dropped 2 picks because the ball was soaked. He could've had double digit INT's that day if he really wanted them lol.

Advertisement
My 2 all time favorite football players.

I grew up across the bridge in Ohio from Marshall if you're wondering why my 2nd favorite player isn't from the U lol I was only 10-11 years old going to and watching these games and it was literally like watching a superhero on the football field. The term man against boys doesn't do it justice. They called him The Freak for a reason. GOAT WR IMO

I'll never forget going to the HOF game Sean's rookie year, They played Denver. When I first got to my seat and found Sean out there in his #36, I had the biggest Kool Aid smile lol Of course he didn't let me down, 2 picks, 1 returned for a TD in his first NFL action. He was truly a different breed. I think he would have went down as the greatest safety to ever do it. Just a **** shame.

Game recognize game though.

Ray Lewis

Good answer my friend. Though even the Ravens had some guys who owned the locker room and team along with Ray. Shannon Sharpe and Goose come to mind. The way Chris Coolie tells it, when Sean came in and showed what he was about EVERYONE on the team got in line behind ST.

Good answer my friend. Though even the Ravens had some guys who owned the locker room and team along with Ray. Shannon Sharpe and Goose come to mind. The way Chris Coolie tells it, when Sean came in and showed what he was about EVERYONE on the team got in line behind ST.

I can’t really say Ray b/c even though he was a rookie, he was drafted by an expansion franchise, so their locker room wasn’t established yet.

Advertisement
ST26; the NFL would’ve changed rules sooner b/c of him.

I’ve watched Reed, Lott, Lake, Dawkins, Atwater (who should be in the HOF), Woodson, Easley, Lynch....now Thomas and Chancellor. I’ve seen an abundant amount of all time great safeties; I’ve seen an abundant amount of pro bowl caliber safeties like Mike Brown, Rodney Harrison, Mark Carrier.

I grew up watching in an era where it was stylish for a safety to make any skilled player to fear the middle. With all that said, none compared to ST26.

To have that size, speed, IQ, and ability to take over....once in a generation type player. Even though he played for such a short period of time, teams r still looking for the next Sean Taylor. Truly missed.

Side note; that’s y I’m always going to have a little resentment for Banda sending out that edit of ST26 and referencing that chump Jobe.

Ronnie Lott definitely does. The dude was 1st all pro CB and Safety in the NFL.

Ronnie Lott definitely does. The dude was 1st all pro CB and Safety in the NFL.

Ronnie was the 1st and that dude still loves football despite all this CTE propaganda that’s been platformed by the media; but that’s a different subject. Ronnie is one of my favorite football players ever, but ST was bigger, faster, and had ball skills I’ve never seen. He and Reed were a threat to house it every time.

I can’t really say Ray b/c even though he was a rookie, he was drafted by an expansion franchise, so their locker room wasn’t established yet.

Not really. Keep in mind the locker room of the "new" Baltimore Ravens was the same team as the old Cleveland Browns, whom later got an expansion team that still sucks today.

Sean T was also pretty quite and kept to himself outside of the field though. He wasn't that type of leader. He's just so physically gifted. I'll never forget sitting by myself decked out in UM gear at BHG in the student section for UM at UF. The UF kids behind me talked about how ripped Willis was during warm ups. "We don't have anybody like that." I turned around, smiled, and said wait until you see 26.

Advertisement
Back