NFL: Golden has hottest seat in the country (SIAP)

If the BOT and school president really want to be the Harvard of the South they should put UM football in its rightful place by joining the Ivy League and play afternoon games at Cobb stadium. Season tickets could be sold for 100K and up.

Advertisement
If he doesn't win 8 games fire the BOT. If he does win eight games fire the BOT. That is all.

Only way I'm alright with not winning the ACC is if win at least 10, and look like a team that's on the verge of breaking out, not caving in. Another 6-8 win season and he should hit the road.
How can anyone associated with this program be satisfied with 8 wins? That's why we suck. There is no accountability to win championships anymore. ACC title or bust.

Advertisement
8-4 is bad for UM. It's not bad enough to get him fired, but not good enough to consider it progress. We need to at least win the Coastal this year. Not only win the Coastal, but look good doing so. If we somehow win the Coastal at 7-5, there will be a mass suicide watch. We need to see a better Miami football team than anything he has rolled out so far, and that won't be easy.
if we go 8-4 which i predict, we should be in the ACC title game. if we go 9-3 we will def be in the ACC title game

Pathetic and disheartening. We should be talking about potentially winning National Championships, not 8 games and an ACC Coastal Division.

He's gotta win 10 with a bowl game and that's not going to happen. I say.

UmKz48E.gif

Doesn't matter what his record will be this year. He lost 7 games last year and didn't get fired. He will be here as long as Blake is around.

Advertisement
8-4 is bad for UM. It's not bad enough to get him fired, but not good enough to consider it progress. We need to at least win the Coastal this year. Not only win the Coastal, but look good doing so. If we somehow win the Coastal at 7-5, there will be a mass suicide watch. We need to see a better Miami football team than anything he has rolled out so far, and that won't be easy.
if we go 8-4 which i predict, we should be in the ACC title game. if we go 9-3 we will def be in the ACC title game

No way you get in the ACC title game with 4 losses, assuming 3 of the 4 would be in the ACC. Clemson is going to laugh at Coley's play calling and shut us out, FSU is going to do the usual as of late and whip our ***, and everyone knows GT is going to run it down our throat. Nardizzi is going to out coach us while Conner runs it down our throat. No D trying to stop Marquise Williams? ya right. Duke will probably run all over us. VT is going to be healthy. Golden cant beat UVA. That is our ACC schedule right there.

I could honestly see us going 2-6, 1-7, or even 0-8 in conference especially if Golden loses the team after the FSU game as he has done the last 2 years, and that game is in the first half of the season this year so it will be a long way to suffer to the finish line.

We might win a shoot out over UNC as their defense is abysmal. We might just out talent Duke again, we could beat UVA only because their HC is in the same boat as Golden and deserved to be fired 2 years ago and is also a dead man walking. We may even get lucky and play a team that is bit by the injury bug. But I cant say I feel 100% or even 75% on any game in ACC this year. Mostly I'm 50/50 at best on a few.

Our schedule isn't tough.

It's the reason pundits all say you have to go undefeated to be in the conversation about making the playoffs, and even being undefeated is not a guarantee to make it in.

Again ... Folks citing anywhere from 4-9 wins as completely plausible speaks to where this program is under Golden. And why the Admin and BOT is accepting of this is really beyond me to understand.

If this dude doesn't win, at least 10, he should be fired. ****, GT won 10 games last year.

We play a 12 game season, plus a bowl game, plus a potential conference championship game ... Asking Golden to go 10-3 or 10-4 is not an unrealistic expectation, IMO.

Advertisement
No matter what, I think he has two more years... The guy just fell below .500 and still has a job... He is who the BOT wants.... Dude came into NFL talent squandered it away and still has BOT members defending him... They truly believe he is their 2nd coming of Butch... They believe in him... Just flashback to 2011... As BC adjusted after our 2nd TD and bust our heads wide open our Pres and fellow administrators were poppin champaign for signing him to an eternal contract worth everything... Al seat is like a cool side of a pillow... And it will remain cool because the BOT keep making excuses like flipping pillow sides... He keeps starting over... Al ain't going anywhere...

i think an appearance in the acc champ game is what he "needs" .. a bowl win would be nice too.

If he doesn't win 8 games fire the BOT. If he does win eight games fire the BOT. That is all.

You could haphazardly select 15 people from section 214 on a gameday and amass a greater collection of football minds that what that aggregate cesspool yields.

I can't think of a worse run organization in all of college sports. They've basically managed to accidentally self impose over a decade of sanctions via a combination of bad decision making and apathetic behavior.

They should all be hung upside down from one of the large oak trees on campus and forced to watch Shalala undress herself.

Advertisement

You could haphazardly select 15 people from section 214 on a gameday and amass a greater collection of football minds that what that aggregate cesspool yields.

I can't think of a worse run organization in all of college sports. They've basically managed to accidentally self impose over a decade of sanctions via a combination of bad decision making and apathetic behavior.

They should all be hung upside down from one of the large oak trees on campus and forced to watch Shalala undress herself.

Miami is not only the worst run organization in all of college sports. It is the worst run university in the country and has been for many, many years. It was a Mickey Mouse outfit when I was there years ago, and it is a Mickey Mouse outfit today. Nothing's changed. I always expect the worst from the university administration and BOT, and they have never surprised me by doing what was obviously better for the school.

Advertisement
Back