NFL: Golden has hottest seat in the country (SIAP)

Bccrhp

Sophomore
"No talk about an upcoming season is complete without mentioning coaches that will enter said season on the hot seat. Thus, this "15 for '15" installment deals with coaches who might want to get acquainted with some real estate professionals."

1. Al Golden, Miami (Fla.)

Record: 28-22 in four seasons
The skinny: Miami hasn't won double-digit games since 2003. Given that UM's fan support is a mile wide but an inch deep, there already have been tens of thousands of calls for Golden's scalp. He deserves some credit for steering UM through the Nevin Shapiro fallout, but he likely needs at least eight wins this fall to keep his job. And UM lost a ton of talent in the 2015 NFL Draft, including legit stars at tailback, linebacker, offensive tackle, tight end and wide receiver.

15 for '15: College football coaches on the hot seat | NFL.com

Advertisement
Agree, needs at least 8 wins to survive. Could still win 8 and be fired if season ends like it always does.

How can anyone associated with this program be satisfied with 8 wins? That's why we suck. There is no accountability to win championships anymore. ACC title or bust.

Advertisement
I can see Golden winning 8 or 9 games this year, which is going to suck because he'll still be here.

How can anyone associated with this program be satisfied with 8 wins? That's why we suck. There is no accountability to win championships anymore. ACC title or bust.

Eight is not enough

Agree.

But speaks volumes about the perception of the program, that in year 5 of Golden's tenure, 8 wins is predicted as the number fans "should" be ok with.

Advertisement
How faux. He could win 8 and then get his clock cleaned at the championship game.

We end up in the Liberty Jesus Bowl where we get our asses kicked by the Ol' Ball Coach again.

Advertisement
The fact that 8 wins has become some sort of benchmark achievement to save an embattled HC at UM should be enough to get him fired today.

It's truly amazing how someone's incompetence can lower the bar so far that a small step above complete failure is viewed as success.

For my dear friends who were around when Coach Erickson got hired, he actually felt the hot seat from UM fans after his first season when he lost two games. He was astonished at the level of expectations here.

As you can see recruits in SoFl and elsewhere are feeling the U again. Bringing in a high profile coach will only further excite prospects and accelerate our return to the top. Golden is sitting on a gold mine with a shovel. We need a a coach with one of those giant excavators type skills.

That's the **** problem, he set the bar so low last year that any improvement might be met with more fackin patience by this incompetent BOT.

UM

Advertisement
The fact that 8 wins has become some sort of benchmark achievement to save an embattled HC at UM should be enough to get him fired today.

It's truly amazing how someone's incompetence can lower the bar so far that a small step above complete failure is viewed as success.

For my dear friends who were around when Coach Erickson got hired, he actually felt the hot seat from UM fans after his first season when he lost two games. He was astonished at the level of expectations here.

It's truly pathetic how far we have fallen.

I remember Coker being on the hot seat in '03 because we lost two games that year, even though we beat UF and then FSU 2x.

I think 7 wins and he keeps his job. That's how ****** the BOT and AD are.

In actuality he should be required to win the ACC and get a playoff spot but, as expectations have gone to **** I wouldn't hold my breath for that scenario.

Last edited:
proxy.php

Advertisement
Back