NFL Draft: The Effects on Recruiting

I. DID. NOT. QUOTE YOU.

I. ONLY. DISCUSSED. A. SUBJECT. THAT. YOU. POSTED. ON. OK

BUT IF you want to take FULL OWNERSHIP of my response and act as if it were directed at you .....that's on you ok Bro

That being said.....I FULLY AGREE WITH THE REST OF YOUR POST. OK
I must be in the twilight zone, check out your post #28 in this thread.

Clip.jpg

If that's not you quoting me I'll be needing to go get checked out at the Dr.

Advertisement
Besides the fact that we identify the wrong ones I think the ones we like alot we can't get. Hey we heard a coach on this staff anonymously say schools are cheating and there isn't a thing they can do about it. I just think there is this myth on here that if we win they will come or if we won enough it would change things. I think one year of winning wouldn't get kids to turn down 200k stacks.

It’s gotta be more than one year, but clearly after our 2017 season, we turned around and had a top 10 class. So yes, winning improves perception. Bags have always been there. Go talk to my cousin & he’ll tell u his recruiting experience in the mid 2000’s. U can talk to his father & he’ll tell u his recruiting experience in the 1980’s in The South.

Bro, bags have always been here & I’m sure there is no program clean, it’s just some r more egregious & flamboyant w/ theirs. Some schools dropping Louis bags & others are dropping Nine West bags. Lol.

We overcame those Louis bags b/c we were smoking everyone on the field, and was 1st round heaven.

It’s gotta be more than one year, but clearly after our 2017 season, we turned around and had a top 10 class. So yes, winning improves perception. Bags have always been there. Go talk to my cousin & he’ll tell u his recruiting experience in the mid 2000’s. U can talk to his father & he’ll tell u his recruiting experience in the 1980’s in The South.

Bro, bags have always been here & I’m sure there is no program clean, it’s just some r more egregious & flamboyant w/ theirs. Some schools dropping Louis bags & others are dropping Nine West bags. Lol.

We overcame those Louis bags b/c we were smoking everyone on the field, and was 1st round heaven.
All programs do it.....I have always suspected that cause no one rats. If they weren't all guilty one would tell. I just think like u the rankings r to accurate now to recover. Back then u can bounce back with solid evals and that's a huge weakness for us. But most guys went unknown cause rankings were bad. Now they r on the money most of the time

He hasn’t been fired because he’s an alum and they feel he did them a favor coming back to Michigan to save the program after going to the super bowl. Harbaugh could’ve easily stayed in the NFL.

The same reason we criticize Manny and Richt when they lost to teams where they had the more talented roster from top to bottom is the same reason Harbaugh should’ve been fired a year ago. Only OSU has more talent than them yet they lose three games pretty much every year.

Then you add in how much they pay him and he had the team vacationing in Europe with the boosters footing the bill you have to win and be in the playoffs at least once every three years.

Agree w/ u, and fans r very conflicted. But it’s not just b/c he’s an alum...it’s also b/c of what I posted. He convinced them that last year was an anomaly regarding how grossly Michigan underachieved. He’s on a short leash, despite the contract extension which is incentive laden.

I must be in the twilight zone, check out your post #28 in this thread.

View attachment 146481

If that's not you quoting me I'll be needing to go get checked out at the Dr.

Yeah OK you're right...

YOU DO NEED A PSYCHIATRIST. ...plus SOME EXTENSIVE REMEDIAL READING COMPREHENSION HELP.... YOU WANT TO ACT LIKE A HYPERSENSITIVE, CRYING PIECE OF 💩.. THAT'S YOUR CHOICE.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT TO QUOTE SOMEONE MEANS? HOW DENSE CAN ANYONE BE??

I explained... but you obviously want to believe your imaginary BS. So I'm not going to argue with someone who is clearly deranged. So you want it to be ALL about YOU ...as if you own a topic and anything having to do with it. Well OK *** IT!!:youre-nuts:

I won't argue with crazy, be concerned about imaginary **** or try to wipe the tears from your sad crying eyes. You're sick... but you're also hilarious:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Get help or don't get help. I could care less. Poor reading comprehension is pervasive in society nowadays. I don't have to deal with it so BYE and good riddance. I no longer choose to engage in your hilarious madness.

Hey, you know what....keep following me and imagining that everything I'm criticizing on ANY SUBJECT....IS ALL ABOUT YOU OK.......because just between you and me😜 .....IT IS :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg: It's ALL about YOU

Listen...EVERYONE EVERYWHERE HATES YOU. THEY ALWAYS HAVE ...they just didn't want you to know it.....well now you do.

Just know that you got me LMAO over here. Thanks

Last edited:
Advertisement
How about comparing our draft performance vs other teams with similar recruiting rankings during the years in question.

That would give a clearer picture.

Obviously teams that draft four and five stars in the three deep every year and are ranked (recruiting) in the top 1-7, year-to-year, are going to have more NFL draft picks.
that'll give more clarity as to whether its the recruiting or the coaching, but either way its not good enough and probably a little of both, I lean more towards recuiting being the issue

Yeah OK you're right...

YOU DO NEED A PSYCHIATRIST. ...plus SOME EXTENSIVE REMEDIAL READING COMPREHENSION HELP.... YOU WANT TO ACT LIKE A HYPERSENSITIVE, CRYING PIECE OF 💩.. THAT'S YOUR CHOICE.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT TO QUOTE SOMEONE MEANS? HOW DENSE CAN ANYONE BE??

I explained... but you obviously want to believe your imaginary BS. So I'm not going to argue with someone who is clearly deranged. So you want it to be ALL about YOU ...as if you own a topic and anything having to do with it. Well OK *** IT!!:youre-nuts:

I won't argue with crazy, be concerned about imaginary **** or try to wipe the tears from your sad crying eyes. You're sick... but you're also hilarious:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Get help or don't get help. I could care less. Poor reading comprehension is pervasive in society nowadays. I don't have to deal with it so BYE and good riddance. I no longer choose to engage in your hilarious madness.

Hey, you know what....keep following me and imagining that everything I'm criticizing on ANY SUBJECT....IS ALL ABOUT YOU OK.......because just between you and me😜 .....IT IS :zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg: It's ALL about YOU

Listen...EVERYONE EVERYWHERE HATES YOU. THEY ALWAYS HAVE ...they just didn't want you to know it.....well now you do.

Just know that you got me LMAO over here. Thanks
I'm not even gonna read all that.. just calm the **** down. You quoted me and then flipped out saying you didn't quote me.. **** off. I was trying to be cool with you but you obviously have issues. good luck.

Our Evaluating and Development has been toilet water for some time....
Bruh...say it again. A few brave brothers have been pounding the table on this narrative forever.

Its not like we don't get good players...we've got some good players. But, idk how many DUDES we get. We have a few here n there...Duke Johnson was a DUDE. Jaelan Phillips was a DUDE. Greg Rousseau was a DUDE. D'Eriq King has DUDE ADJACENT qualities. We get a sprinkling of them, but definitely not enough. We misevaluate locally like crazy. Every year, another NFL Draft with countless South Florida players...at both P5 and G5 schools alike getting picked and Miami had no interest and took some bums and attrition candidates instead. Crazy.

This bro; this is what infuriates me. We’re so quick to point the finger at others, all the while slur......ummmm, justify & defend the mediocrity here. This is y I remind posters, “hey, look at our chit!”
I think one difference is that if Florida State was bending us over every year like OSU is doing to Harbaugh, all the people here who are showing patience with Diaz would be calling for his head. I would be in that group.

Advertisement
How about comparing our draft performance vs other teams with similar recruiting rankings during the years in question.

That would give a clearer picture.

Obviously teams that draft four and five stars in the three deep every year and are ranked (recruiting) in the top 1-7, year-to-year, are going to have more NFL draft picks.
Yep. Alabama has 4 and 5 stars that don't pan out. No one notices because they stack so many that lots do.

2 coaching transitions in the 5 year window certainly hasn’t helped. Makes it tough to isolate variables. We’ve certainly recruited well enough to be better than we’ve been for the past 15 years. So Fla Evaluations have undoubtedly been problematic. Seeing the kids more and knowing more about that hasn’t proven to be an advantage. We’re never going to get all the Surtain, Jerry Jeudy, Dalvin Cook type no brainers but we need more than we’ve gotten and they’d come if we consistently got the Elijah Moore’s and won with them.

Macro, the big problem to me is that we haven’t had smart X and O head coaches and still don’t. We have buzzwords, cool graphics, and very professional press conferences after we lose to a tech school again somehow. We’ve had either no clear tactical identity or the wrong tactical identity (Golden) and have relied on huge talent disparities to win. When we’re much better than the opponents, we’ve been decent. When we’re a bit better, we’ve been average. Not a single team has overachieved its talent. Arguably last year where we had holes in half our position groups and King pulled 3 games out of his ***.

Hard not to be down on the program. We’re in the upper echelon of less with more by every metric, and the eye test. Manny has proven to me that he’s a below average gameday and tactical coach. To his credit, he wins the offseason and seems to have some understanding of how to augment his limitations. But they’re limitations. The UNC game was appalling and shows the gigantic holes in his basic fundamental strategies that somebody really aware of them can exploit.

We’ve targeted program managers in lieu of brilliant tacticians and so we’ve had a very professionally presented mediocre team. I’ve got hope for Manny but it’s mostly based on optimism for the sake of it.
You have managed to brilliantly articulate what has been the Achilles heel of this program for a very long time.

You don't get to buy the best groceries if all you can do with above average groceries is turn chicken salad into chicken ****. We get better players than anyone in our division and it's actually not all that close (with the possible exception of UNC the last cycle or two).

Until the team on the field performs at least to par with the talent that is put into it, there is no reason to expect either better players to want to come here, or for the results to change even if/when we do get the occasional top talent.

While the the bold is certainly a piece of the pie...we've got to develop the players we DO get.

Over the past decade, we've had 9 players drafted from our "top (highly regarded) prospects". One first round pick...three Day 2 guys...five Day 5 guys. Not sure where they are on depth charts right now, but I don't think any are starting in the NFL right now.

So, yes, I agree...we definitely need to win battles...we also need to do something with what we do have.

Exactly. How many recruiting battles do we lose to Duke, FIU, GT, NC St, UVA, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville etc? Yet we're basically .500 against teams like those for as long as we've been in the ACC.

Saying that we need to get more talent while we're consistently losing to teams with far inferior talent is just completely missing the boat and allowing the same excuses and same bad diagnosis for what the real problems are to repeat themselves on this never-ending hamster wheel of ****.

Fail, misdiagnose the problem, repeat the previous mistakes, fail again, and start over at the beginning. Woohooo!

The program is either going to decide to be great again and hire competent experts in their fields to run things, or any success we do have will be a) luck, and b) transitory. Until then, just consider us the PPP - Peter Principal Program.

Advertisement
It's not really about casting stones though. How many coaches have worked at Miami since Harbaugh started at M? Golden got fired, then Scott, then Richt, and now Diaz is on the hot seat. Dude is getting paid more per year than all our fired coaches combined and has only won one more game? Could you imagine what the Michigan version of CIS must be like? If they even have any slurps, I bet they're drawn and quartered daily.

I'd still rather have Harbaugh than what we've got.

Advertisement
Just for the record, this is our recruiting class compared to the ACC Coastal, since 2016:

2016: 22nd / 2017: 12th / 2018: 8th / 2019: 27th / 2020: 16th / 2021: 11th

Compared:
UNC- 2016: 32nd / 2017: 29th / 2018: 20th / 2019: 30th / 2020: 13th / 2021: 14th

Duke- 2016: 33rd / 2017: 47th / 2018: 63rd / 2019: 49th / 2020: 63rd / 2021: 57th

GT- 2016: 60th / 2017: 48th / 2018: 44th / 2019: 50th / 2020: 27th / 2021: 47th

UVA- 2016: 63rd / 2017: 58th / 2018: 59th / 2019: 39th / 2020: 49th / 2021: 32nd

VT- 2016: 42nd / 2017: 26th / 2018: 24th / 2019: 26th / 2020: 76th / 2021: 45th

Pitt- 2016: 30th / 2017: 37th / 2018: 48th / 2019: 55th / 2020: 45th / 2021: 27th

This is the state of our **** *** conference. We DOMINATE recruiting...our worst years is better than most of these cucks best yrs, and yet and still our records against these snitches since 2016:

UNC: 2-3
Duke: 3-2
GT: 2-2
UVA: 4-1
VT: 3-2
Pitt: 4-1

We’re 18-11 in 5 yrs in the ACC Coastal w/ far superior talent. We don’t need more talent to win this chit; against Bama, Clemson, OSU, UGA, OU...sure; but, DEFINITELY not in the ACC Coastal.

And r some of ya’ll really going to compare what we’ve been doing as opposed to Michigan?? U do realize Michigan is in the same division as OSU, PSU, and the newly resurgent Indiana, correct? Lol.

Umm, OSU’s worst class since 2016 was ranked 14th in 2019, other than that, they’ve been the #2 class in 3 of 6 yrs, and had a top 5 class in 5 of 6 yrs.

PSU avg class rank has been 15th since 2016

Indiana is the shocker, as they are a program that constantly ranks outside the top 50 for their classes. (Harbaugh’s only loss to them came last season 5-1)

But Michigan is a program that’s more PSU than anything. They are constantly out recruited by OSU. They’ve had one top 5 class, a couple top 10 classes, and the rest were top 15.

To compare their level of competition vs. our level is laughable, at best. Maybe if we were in The Atlantic we could cast stones.

Last edited:
In my case, the only thing the only thing I found interesting was how bad Michigan has done with the players they have. I already know all about how bad our coaching and player development has been, and how we shouldn't be losing to the ****** *** teams in the corstal. I've lived through it and complained about it the entire time. This is a nightmare we can't get out of. You have to go back to the 70's, if you skip 97, to even come close to the nightmare we've been in since 2006. Do I really need to keep posting how badly I think Diaz doesn't have it and needs to be fired sooner than later? I mean at what school does a coach get to fire both his coordinators within two years and keep his job? Like I said, it's a ******* nightmare, and it's not gonna end this year. Misery loves company, Harbaugh sucks.

Advertisement
Back