NFL Draft: The Effects on Recruiting

E0eJYZ6WYAUOoom

Advertisement
Besides the fact that we identify the wrong ones I think the ones we like alot we can't get. Hey we heard a coach on this staff anonymously say schools are cheating and there isn't a thing they can do about it. I just think there is this myth on here that if we win they will come or if we won enough it would change things. I think one year of winning wouldn't get kids to turn down 200k winstacks.
^

^^This ^^
Sure players want to win...but smart ones also want to improve their skills and get drafted.

That is one reason Bama's numerous 5 star recruits are willing and accepting of probably having to sit.....they know even if they only start one or two years it will still pay dividends on draft day

Winning w/o having the opportunity to play in the NFL or graduations is only good for bragging rights.. guess that's good enough for some

^

^^This ^^
Sure players want to win...but smart ones also want to improve their skills and get drafted.

That is one reason Bama's numerous 5 star recruits are willing and accepting of probably having to sit.....they know even if they only start one or two years it will still pay dividends on draft day

Winning w/o having the opportunity to play in the NFL or graduations is only good for bragging rights.. guess that's good enough for some
And they get paid....if UM paid more I bet my ******* a kid would choose UM over bama. Money over all is what this generation is taught it's in the music it's what everyone teaches from youth. That's why we see a Clowney go to bum *** USC over everyone else and scratch our head. They didn't develop that dude he was a top 5 pick always....that player made that jersey not the other way around.

How about comparing our draft performance vs other teams with similar recruiting rankings during the years in question.

That would give a clearer picture.

Obviously teams that draft four and five stars in the three deep every year and are ranked (recruiting) in the top 1-7, year-to-year, are going to have more NFL draft picks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And they get paid....if UM paid more I bet my ******* a kid would choose UM over bama. Money over all is what this generation is taught it's in the music it's what everyone teaches from youth. That's why we see a Clowney go to bum *** USC over everyone else and scratch our head. They didn't develop that dude he was a top 5 pick always....that player made that jersey not the other way around.

Do you know who provides the money for these recruits to get paid?

People like you and me.

How about comparing our draft performance vs other teams with similar recruiting rankings during the years in question.

That would give a clearer picture.

Obviously teams that draft four and five stars in the three deep every year and are ranked (recruitin) in the top 1-7, year-to-year, are going to have more NFL draft picks.

This point has been completely ignored.

Advertisement
I always found it so amusing that our fans have to gall to talk about other coaches needing to be fired......All the while accepting, justifying, praying and hoping against hope for improvement here.

We've had good recruiting & extremely weak schedules for years now .....and yet we call MD's fair performances reason for hope.I

Let's clean up our own yard before we complain about the neighbor's mess.

I have much more reason to believe Harbaugh' will improve before Diaz gets a clue
I'm not sure if you're aiming that at me or if you're just quoting me to make a point? Look at the avatar, I'm already melting over Diaz's performance as our coach. I'm just surprised Harbaugh is still there and we've gone through three coaches to pretty much the same record for a lot less money. He would probably have gotten fired here already.

Advertisement
Oh they ****ed & sorely disappointed bro. Lol. Ppl think we’re bad, & forget Michigan fans stormed the AD’s home calling for Hoke’s head. I would argue that if Michigan don’t go at least 10 games this season, it’ll be very combustible.
For the amount they're paying him, I'm flattened that the situation there hasn't gone nuclear. Weren't they paying like $8 mil at one point?

I'm not sure if you're aiming that at me or if you're just quoting me to make a point? Look at the avatar, I'm already melting over Diaz's performance as our coach. I'm just surprised Harbaugh is still there and we've gone through three coaches to pretty much the same record for a lot less money. He would probably have gotten fired here already.

Ears burning? To answer your question NO ..Don't know anything about you beyond your response to my post.

Scanned several Harbaugh' posts..didn't think they were worth any real scrutiny so I responded in a general way.

In short, we've got far too many problems to be throwing rocks at ANYONE. I sincerely hope that you're not implying we got a bargain $ wise with Manny and the others by generally achieving the same record in what is universally recognized as the weakest conference. Talk about apples and oranges

Fact is, you should fire a lower salaried incompetent coach much faster than a high salaried coach who has a proven past but is now struggling.

With one, there's hope he'll get back into his groove with the other he never had a groove to begin with.

Ears burning? To answer your question NO ..Don't know anything about you beyond your response to my post.

Scanned several Harbaugh' posts..didn't think they were worth any real scrutiny so I responded in a general way.

In short, we've got far too many problems to be throwing rocks at ANYONE. I sincerely hope that you're not implying we got a bargain $ wise with Manny and the others by generally achieving the same record in what is universally recognized as the weakest conference. Talk about apples and oranges

Fact is, you should fire a lower salaried incompetent coach much faster than a high salaried coach who has a proven past but is now struggling.

With one, there's hope he'll get back into his groove with the other he never had a groove to begin with.
Hey brother, you quoted me. I'm just trying to gently say you got the wrong guy. Imo Manny has already shown he doesn't have what it takes and probably would have fired him already. Even further, I doubt I would have hired him as HC in the first place. Other than I'll throw rocks anywhere I want, I pretty much agree with everything you've said in this thread.

Advertisement
Hey brother, you quoted me. I'm just trying to gently say you got the wrong guy. Imo Manny has already shown he doesn't have what it takes and probably would have fired him already. Even further, I doubt I would have hired him as HC in the first place. Other than I'll throw rocks anywhere I want, I pretty much agree with everything you've said in this thread.

I. DID. NOT. QUOTE YOU.

I. ONLY. DISCUSSED. A. SUBJECT. THAT. YOU. POSTED. ON. OK

BUT IF you want to take FULL OWNERSHIP of my response and act as if it were directed at you .....that's on you ok Bro

That being said.....I FULLY AGREE WITH THE REST OF YOUR POST. OK

Harbaugh since 2015: 49-22 (1-4 in bowl games, 2 NY6 appearances)

Miami since 2015: 48-28 (1-5 in bowl games, 1 NY6 appearance)

Let’s not cast stones. And the reason Harbaugh hasn’t been fired is b/c he’s been the most successful coach since the Lloyd Carr era, winning 10+ games multiple times. However, after the 2-4 season, I believe they changed the language to make it a more palatable buy out if he screws up again.
He hasn’t been fired because he’s an alum and they feel he did them a favor coming back to Michigan to save the program after going to the super bowl. Harbaugh could’ve easily stayed in the NFL.

The same reason we criticize Manny and Richt when they lost to teams where they had the more talented roster from top to bottom is the same reason Harbaugh should’ve been fired a year ago. Only OSU has more talent than them yet they lose three games pretty much every year.

Then you add in how much they pay him and he had the team vacationing in Europe with the boosters footing the bill you have to win and be in the playoffs at least once every three years.

Advertisement
Back