NFL Draft Talent We Missed or Couldn't Close

Advertisement
Asante was never coming here. Don't care if we were in the top 3.
Tutu Atwell? UL was his only P5 offer. We would have called for Richt's head if he signed a 140lb QB moving to WR.
Schwartz is just a track guy. Tell me what we missed with these stats:

View attachment 146332
Idk where you got those stats from but they aren't correct. According to ESPN, he had 1,200 yards with 12 touchdowns in 2019

Only two dudes you listed went 1st round... Surtain I never thought we had a shot with.

Smith I think we had a great shot with but hey can’t blame him for going to a team that’s been absolutely rolling this past decade.

Moore...Tutu are your usual yearly kids who left and landed at great spots

Idk where you got those stats from but they aren't correct. According to ESPN, he had 1,200 yards with 12 touchdowns in 2019
Directly from the ESPN stat page for him.

I think you are looking at Atwell's numbers. Atwell was great but he was a 3 star 140lb QB at NW with only 1 P5 offer. Everyone missed on him. To blame the coaches on not signing him is idiotic.

Advertisement
Michaela Coel Thank You GIF by HBO
tenor (20).gif

I'm thrilled we had two players selected in the first round. But it does make me sick to my stomach to see the amount of guys that should have been Canes.

Surtain II (wanted to go to UM, hated Rumph)
DeVonta Smith (selected Bama over Miami, heads up close race)
Elijah Moore (wanted to go to UM, we didnt recruit him)
Asante Samuel (had UM in top 3, before selected FSU)
Tyson Campbell (was a UM silent commit, until Rumph messed it up)
TuTu Atwell (wanted to go to “dream school” UM, Not recruited by UM)
Anthony Schwartz (UM didnt recruit him because he was a “track guy”)

Im sure Im forgetting a few but a lot of games would have been won with these dudes on the field.

NFL draft talent that Miami couldn't outbid Bama or UGA for.
Surtain
Smith
Campbell

Samuel wasn't going to turn down his dad's alma mater. It was nice he thought of us. That was kind of him.

Moore was all UGA (bags), then Ole Miss decided they wanted to get in on the fun too (they are usually good for dropping a couple big bags per recruiting cycle).

Tutu Atwell- as another posted pointed out, star ***** dummies lost their minds when Miami recruited Zion Nelson- a 2 star prospect without any P5 offers. Imagine what the chuckleheads would have said if Miami signed a 5'8" 150 lb 3 star QB, who had no other P5 offers besides UL and who played all 4 years in HS as a QB- and announced it planned on turning him into a WR.

Schwartz? Agreed there, I would extended an offer.

Surtain
Smith
Campbell

Samuel wasn't going to turn down his dad's alma mater. It was nice he thought of us. That was kind of him.

Moore was all UGA (bags), then Ole Miss decided they wanted to get in on the fun too (they are usually good for dropping a couple big bags per recruiting cycle).

Tutu Atwell- as another posted pointed out, star ***** dummies lost their minds when Miami recruited Zion Nelson- a 2 star prospect without any P5 offers. Imagine what the chuckleheads would have said if Miami signed a 5'8" 150 lb 3 star QB, who had no other P5 offers besides UL and who played all 4 years in HS as a QB- and announced it planned on turning him into a WR.

Moore was all on us. He would be a Hurricane if we offered. His family are all big Hurricane fans. We told him we had too many small WRs already.

Advertisement
Moore was all on us. He would be a Hurricane if we offered. His family are all big Hurricane fans. We told him we had too many small WRs already.
snip.JPG

Uh, Miami did offer. He had a final three of UGA, Ole Miss, and Miami.

Troll post but still. This is why it was so refreshing to see Taylor and Williams commit here as opposed to elsewhere. We've missed so much high end, local talent over the years. If we can ever get this program going downhill, watch out.

View attachment 146350
Uh, Miami did offer. He had a final three of UGA, Ole Miss, and Miami.
No committable offer from UM. They told him they wanted to see his Senior year before offering but never gave him an offer he could commit to. He committed to UGA but they cooled on him a few days before early signing day so he flipped to Ole Miss.

Advertisement
Cool, thx for the (non) analysis. Welcome aboard the ignore list.
Doesn't make a single man miss or break a tackle. Only production is off go routes and end arounds/sweeps. Only attribute is speed. Is that better?

Advertisement
Surtain
Smith
Campbell

Samuel's dad went to UCF

what's interesting 2 of the 4 drafted were transfers, seems like most of our draft eligible players ( highly coveted) will also be transfers: There seems to be a lot of misses when it comes to recruiting : Scary where we would be if it wasn't for the portal

At this point we should be used to the annual kick in the nuts. Campbell, Moore, Surtain, Schwartz sure would have helped.

Advertisement
Back