NFL Draft Talent We Missed or Couldn't Close

The305

Banned
Banned
I'm thrilled we had two players selected in the first round. But it does make me sick to my stomach to see the amount of guys that should have been Canes.

Surtain II (wanted to go to UM, hated Rumph)
DeVonta Smith (selected Bama over Miami, heads up close race)
Elijah Moore (wanted to go to UM, we didnt recruit him)
Asante Samuel (had UM in top 3, before selected FSU)
Tyson Campbell (was a UM silent commit, until Rumph messed it up)
TuTu Atwell (wanted to go to “dream school” UM, Not recruited by UM)
Anthony Schwartz (UM didnt recruit him because he was a “track guy”)

Im sure Im forgetting a few but a lot of games would have been won with these dudes on the field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
i-smell-a-troll.jpg

Asante was never coming here. Don't care if we were in the top 3.
Tutu Atwell? UL was his only P5 offer. We would have called for Richt's head if he signed a 140lb QB moving to WR.
Schwartz is just a track guy. Tell me what we missed with these stats:

1619791502097.png

Bad QB play. He's good, will be a better pro than college player.
I guess we can disagree. He dropped just as many balls (6) as Pope and Wiggins this year and rate of catching contested balls is terrible. He is fast but needs to beat his defender to make the catch.

Advertisement
I guess we can disagree. He dropped just as many balls (6) as Pope and Wiggins this year and rate of catching contested balls is terrible. He is fast but needs to beat his defender to make the catch.
Can agree with that. As for the drops part that's usually not a sticky stat year over year. Schwartz plucks the ball with confidence so I don't see any technique issue to prevent him from catching. I like him because he's fast but his speed carries though breaks and cuts. He's not just a straight-linish track guy. He's probably not gonna put up huge numbers but he will be a quality role player whose impact carries beyond the stat sheet.

I don't know of any University in existence that gets EVERYONE that they recruited.

IF you do....please enlighten us.

Now since NO one has ever done it and NO ONE EVER WILL......WHY waste time with woulda, coulda , shoulda on something that will NEVER happen????

Sorry but I got enough REAL things in my life to deal with...WTF worry about imaginary ****

Advertisement
I'm thrilled we had two players selected in the first round. But it does make me sick to my stomach to see the amount of guys that should have been Canes.

Im sure Im forgetting a few but a lot of games would have been won with these dudes on the field.
The only guys we had any chance with if we offered was Tutu and Moore. Schwartz was running track for an SEC program no matter what

Advertisement

I think Moore and Samuel were the biggest misses b/c we misevaluated them.

TC/PS2 - well, we just got out recruited and because Rumph. It wasn't a miseval.

I think something like 7 guys that were on the same American Heritage team have a chance to get drafted, and none of them ended up Canes. I generally don’t complain about missing out on recruits, as each situation is different and some kids just want to leave home. But to miss out or misevaluate on all those kids when you hired their former coach, is insane. Flat out unacceptable.

First post?

Let this be your last post.

Advertisement
Back