NFL Draft NFL Draft Rookie salaries by round

MainLineCane

No More Excuses / Time to win
Want to know how much each drafted rookie will be making?

Seems anywhere in rounds 1 thru 3 you can have a GREAT life for the rest of your life .....if you're not stupid with your sudden wealth.

Advertisement
You have to factor in federal and state taxes >40% before a dollar is spent. Agent fees, financial planner fees. That’s just first year salary and bonus contract. Keep in mind majority of the players will not see a second contract and the contract isn’t guaranteed. The money will need to be invested properly and most players at that age will not be responsible enough to budget their money accordingly. Our players look at that those numbers and don’t understand the business side. They need to maximize their first contract and get 1st or 2nd money for more guaranteed money.

Advertisement
I hope I’m wrong but i feel like rosseau is gonna drop. Late 1st or early 2nd. He really needed a 2nd year to show that 15 sacks wasn’t a fluke and show off a more polished pass rush skill set. I think jaelen is a lock for top 20 though.

I hope I’m wrong but i feel like rosseau is gonna drop. Late 1st or early 2nd. He really needed a 2nd year to show that 15 sacks wasn’t a fluke and show off a more polished pass rush skill set. I think jaelen is a lock for top 20 though.
I saw some mock drafts yday with him falling to the 2nd.

Another note, how much of their actual salary is guaranteed? Just the signing bonus?

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
So you think he will be upset if he only gets a $7 million signing bonus as opposed to a $10 million signing bonus? Please! Dude will be all smiles when he gets picked.
Dude was a high 1st round pick and now some mocks have him in the 2nd that is alot of lost money, more than 3 million. Don't try to defend it he made a bad decision. Besides he will probably never see it as a bad decision bc ppl have a tendency to justify even their worse decisions.

But I guarantee agents, accountants, and NFL executives would say yup dude ***d up. Call a spade a spade.

Dude was a high 1st round pick and now some mocks have him in the 2nd that is alot of lost money, more than 3 million. Don't try to defend it he made a bad decision. Besides he will probably never see it as a bad decision bc ppl have a tendency to justify even their worse decisions.

But I guarantee agents, accountants, and NFL executives would say yup dude ***d up. Call a spade a spade.
He made a bad decision for his draft status. However, maybe he made a good decision for his family.

Unlike some dudes that sat out to coast, he did so for good reasons. Any NFL team that realizes WHY he sat out would see a young man with character, not a man that quit on his team. Big **** difference. Yes, I have said all along it hurt his draft prospects, but if I'm a GM I take him anyway. He's not some me first dude that you think of when you think of guys opting out. He had a solid reason.

By the way, he'll get a massive pay day when it's time to sign his next contract. If he falls anywhere near the end of round 1, a playoff caliber team is getting a freaking unreal deal. If he goes in round 2, someone is getting the deal of the draft.

Advertisement
I dont get it.. the league min is 660K so you stay in the league for 5 years then you have 3.3 mill. The signing bonus is all that matters right? I mean if you can make 5 years in the league you get paid. No surprise there. Life changing money doesn't come outside of the 3rd round because your not guaranteed anything outside of the bonus. Your could argue (at that age) outside of the second round. Where you fall in the first 2 rounds is of major importance. It really could be the difference between being set and needing a fall back plan (which likely involves a degree). If you have no chance of getting drafted in the first 3 rounds then that degree is still a major factor in what you got out of football. Duke should be loaded up with 5 year Seniors.

He made a bad decision for his draft status. However, maybe he made a good decision for his family.

Unlike some dudes that sat out to coast, he did so for good reasons. Any NFL team that realizes WHY he sat out would see a young man with character, not a man that quit on his team. Big **** difference. Yes, I have said all along it hurt his draft prospects, but if I'm a GM I take him anyway. He's not some me first dude that you think of when you think of guys opting out. He had a solid reason.

By the way, he'll get a massive pay day when it's time to sign his next contract. If he falls anywhere near the end of round 1, a playoff caliber team is getting a freaking unreal deal. If he goes in round 2, someone is getting the deal of the draft.
He had a good reason!?! What was the reason again? If it's that whole his mom is a nurse thing, sorry that isn't a good reason to ALOT of people.

Look I'm a GR15 fan and if he falls to 18 to the fins I'm taking him but come on its not a good reason.

Basically ALL the science points to it being a horrible decision. Don't defend this trash. There has been 0 covid deaths in D1 football that I know of.

Advertisement
He had a good reason!?! What was the reason again? If it's that whole his mom is a nurse thing, sorry that isn't a good reason to ALOT of people.

Look I'm a GR15 fan and if he falls to 18 to the fins I'm taking him but come on its not a good reason.

Basically ALL the science points to it being a horrible decision. Don't defend this trash. There has been 0 covid deaths in D1 football that I know of.
His younger brother has severe asthma. He has talked about that as part of the COVID rationale. He didn't want to inadvertently bring it home.

He could sign with an agent and get enough money so he could support his family. Now I don't think COVID is the problem so many are convinced it is, but if your mother was worried to death, and you have the chance to get her out of her job to protect her, yeah, it's a wise choice. I'd do it for my mom. Yes, it hurt his draft prospects. Yes, every Hurricane fan wishes he'd have played last year. However, when you are getting bombarded with "OH MY GOD WE"RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!" 24/7, and you have a family member that is freaked out, maybe you'd do the same thing.

Bottom line. It doesn't make a **** difference if it's a good enough reason for ALOT of people. ALOT of people didn't need to make this decision for GR. GR did what he felt was best for his family, and I respect that.

Again, I know it hurt his draft stock. HE knows it hurt his draft stock. He also knows he's **** good enough to get drafted high regardless, and could have a long career no matter where he gets drafted.

Salaries will go down.... First time this year the cap is being lowered.... The NBA is first... Ratings tumble.... And Lebron has snowballed it...

Advertisement
Back