NFL Draft Profile: DT Kendrick Norton

Advertisement
Cue the people coming in and saying he’s getting basically the same money as a 3-4 rounder and ignoring that in terms of guaranteed money he’s getting nowhere near the same which means the team isn’t nearly as invested in him as one of those picks.

Chill out..

For what? This is why he had to leave the greatest program in the history of college football to be a middle of the seventh round pick who will probably be cut in training camp and out of football with maybe 20k in his pocket? I make more than that in two months and I don't play football lol

Advertisement
Cue the people coming in and saying he’s getting basically the same money as a 3-4 rounder and ignoring that in terms of guaranteed money he’s getting nowhere near the same which means the team isn’t nearly as invested in him as one of those picks.

About 75k of guaranteed money...that's entry level normal job type of money there. I think we can all agree this was a horrific decision on his part.

Happy for him. He gets a chance in the show with a decent team. Make the best of your opportunity young man. Please ignore the people here who say they are looking out for you, but really are hoping for what's best for their rooting interests.

I am not going to bash the kid . But I hope the younger guys pay attention to this. LISTEN TO YOUR COACHES AND THE ADVISORY BOARD.

About 75k of guaranteed money...that's entry level normal job type of money there. I think we can all agree this was a horrific decision on his part.

He won’t get all of that. He’s certainly gonna have to kick back a used Civics worth to Pete for talking him into leaving with his premier marketing company.

Advertisement
For what? This is why he had to leave the greatest program in the history of college football to be a middle of the seventh round pick who will probably be cut in training camp and out of football with maybe 20k in his pocket? I make more than that in two months and I don't play football lol
He will get a 50000-60000 signing bonus. Colbert got a 90k signing bonus in the 7th round last year 229

Risk vs. Reward

They are grown men and they knew the risks. Same for the ones that make the same choice next year. Time to move on as we obviously cant "bully" kids into staying.

Developing an offense that gets kids to start thinking about a championship the following year is the only legit solution to this.

RJ and Norton didnt care about championships.
No matter how much we hate it and yap about it year after year,...4th to 7th round tweeners that have plenty of tape already will still risk leaving early,...hoping to improve their stock before the draft.

We can show this discussion thread to every player out there and it will still happen. Then there are others that will stay,....and I dont mean others like Chad Thomas because they were never respected as high as he was, talent-wise.

So I'm just a little curious as to why other men waste so much effort on what we know is going to keep happening anyway,...especially while we're not back to being a top 5 program yet. But I digress.

Lol great troll job.

Clown.

No ones wasting any effort. It’s a message board for fans to vent. And the fans were dead right on this one.

It is wasted effort to complain again and again when its obvious you want nothing more than your college team to be better the following season. The vent stuff is an excuse to **** and moan like a female amongst other men,...but with a name like Lex...have at it.

He will get a 50000-60000 signing bonus. Colbert got a 90k signing bonus in the 7th round last year 229

So he basically left for the one year salary of a local police officer and he will only get that once unlike the police officer. He better pray he makes the team. No degree and no job. Stupid decision.

Advertisement
This just in, Lil' Petee being helped out of hiding (in case Norton wasn't drafted).

saddam-hussein-captured-og.jpg

It is wasted effort to complain again and again when its obvious you want nothing more than your college team to be better the following season. The vent stuff is an excuse to **** and moan like a female amongst other men,...but with a name like Lex...have at it.

Lol you’re ****ing and moaning about other people ****ing and moaning. That makes you even more of a female amongst men jackass.

Norton and RJ ****ed up huge. They cost themselves $$$. Instead of winning titles, they could be facing the soup kitchen come January.

Advertisement
6th and 7th round picks are technically drafted but functionally they are treated about the same as UDFAs. Their roster spots aren't assured and they can drop out of the league very quickly. Unless you're an RB it's a huge failure to declare early and get drafted later than the 5th round.

If Norton doesn't prove himself as one of the top 50-60 nose tackles on the planet his football career will be done in an instant. CFL doesn't have use for those type of players either.

6th and 7th round picks are technically drafted but functionally they are treated about the same as UDFAs. Their roster spots aren't assured and they can drop out of the league very quickly. Unless you're an RB it's a huge failure to declare early and get drafted later than the 5th round.

If Norton doesn't prove himself as one of the top 50-60 nose tackles on the planet his football career will be done in an instant. CFL doesn't have use for those type of players either.

Lol you’re ****ing and moaning about other people ****ing and moaning. That makes you even more of a female amongst men jackass.

Norton and RJ ****ed up huge. They cost themselves $$$. Instead of winning titles, they could be facing the soup kitchen come January.

harsh lol

I just don't blame them for wanting to move on. They played **** near every snap for us since 2016 and probably felt like they had shown enough. Sleazy Pete didn't help matters but after seeing Norton nearly blow out his knee against Clemson it's hard for me to blame anyone for wanting to stop being slaves and go get paid to put their health on the line.

Yeah well clearly they didn't show enough. I knew it, NFL scouts knew it, seems like most people knew it except them. They got greedy and wanted money before being as best prepared as they could've been. Most jobs in this country worth having require internship/apprenticeship. You don't start out as a General after you join the Army. New pilots don't start out as captains on intercontinental flights. You don't graduate medical school and become a heart surgeon. You have to "slave" first.

Advertisement
Back