NFL Draft Consensus Rankings

HighSeas

Sophomore
https://zonecoverage.com/2018/nfl-draft/draft-guide-arif-hasans-consensus-board/

Here's where 35+ draft media types have the Canes rated by average rank.

Chad Thomas - 104 (#11 EDGE)
Mark Walton - 118 (#9 RB)
RJ McIntosh - 122 (#4 3Tech)
Chris Herndon - 145 (#7 TE)
Kendrick Norton - 198 (#10 1Tech)
Braxton Berrios - 239 (#5 slot)
KC McDermott - 245 (#20 OT)

We'll know for sure in 2 days but this is more evidence that Norton made a huge mistake. #10 1tech is not a lock to get drafted or make a 53-man roster.

In my decade+ of following the draft I've found that Canes are generally underrated/overlooked by draft media but these ranks are low even by those standards.

Advertisement
I think whoever gets MajorNine, Walton, McIntosh and Berrios will be very happy with those picks, especially if they fall to those levels. I think Herndon and McDermott have a chance to do well but will be dependent on which team they end up on. Still shaking my head about Norton - really do not understand why he took the advice to leave early.

That's pretty spot on for the most part. I would have Chad in the 7-8 range though.

Norton will make a 53. Hopefully he goes to Minnesota or Denver so he can get a good coach to develop his game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think whoever gets MajorNine, Walton, McIntosh and Berrios will be very happy with those picks, especially if they fall to those levels. I think Herndon and McDermott have a chance to do well but will be dependent on which team they end up on. Still shaking my head about Norton - really do not understand why he took the advice to leave early.
Pete is a great Salesman. Landing Norton was his initiation to the agent's click.

As per usual, lots of very productive future NFL players being underrated b/c they didn't go one of the ESPN darling schools.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think the upper half of that list is about right. But the bottom half looks too pessimistic, IMHO.

Chris Herndon - 145 (#7 TE) -- I don't see 6 TEs better than him. He'll go higher.
Kendrick Norton - 198 (#10 1Tech) -- high beta lowers his stock, too much Forston in him
Braxton Berrios - 239 (#5 slot) -- I don't see 4 slot WRs better than him, not to mention his contribution to STs. He'll go higher
KC McDermott - 245 (#20 OT) -- I just don't see 19 OTs ahead of McDermott. He was by far our best lineman last year. And he's shown versatility at the guard spot, too, so can be counted to be mainstay on a 53-man roster. He'll go higher.

No offense, but you must be young. Miami guys are typically rated pretty highly if for nothing else due to the multi all-pros etc. that have come before them.

Can you name players to be specific? I'll name you a bunch that I thought were underrated:

Calais Campbell - so much nonsense about his production dip. Top 5 prospect for me
Allen Bailey - so much nonsense about his get-off, no pass rush moves, too stiff etc. In reality he was not coached yet
Allen Hurns
Duke Johnson - a few guys had him as a top 5-10 overall prospect though
Sam Shields
Ray Ray Armstrong

This year the most notable sleeper is Berrios. He's better than some slot WRs that get close to starter-level snaps. I'm a Bucs fan and there's no way Berrios is worse than Adam Humphries, for example.

Can you name players to be specific? I'll name you a bunch that I thought were underrated:

Calais Campbell - so much nonsense about his production dip. Top 5 prospect for me
Allen Bailey - so much nonsense about his get-off, no pass rush moves, too stiff etc. In reality he was not coached yet
Allen Hurns
Duke Johnson - a few guys had him as a top 5-10 overall prospect though
Sam Shields
Ray Ray Armstrong

This year the most notable sleeper is Berrios. He's better than some slot WRs that get close to starter-level snaps. I'm a Bucs fan and there's no way Berrios is worse than Adam Humphries, for example.

Good points
1524601863502.png

Advertisement
Back