NFL Draft and Comparing Folden to Richt

miamiphd

Sophomore
The players who played most of their college years under Folden went much higher than those who have played the last two years for Richt. Think of Dorsett, Flowers, Njoku, Duke, Perryman, Burns, Wolford, etc. This year so far in he draft, Chad is the only Cane selected, and not until the 3rd round. Yet, Folden never won 10 games, never beat FSU, never won the Coastal, never won a bowl. This says something about Richt. A bunch of Canes from the Richt era will kill it in the NFL, starting after next year's draft.

Advertisement
People come to the U to be a Cane and to play on Sunday.

Being drafted in the Kaaya Rounds or ending up as a UFA is NOT good for us.

Advertisement
People come to the U to be a Cane and to play on Sunday.

Being drafted in the Kaaya Rounds or ending up as a UFA is NOT good for us.
Happens to every school, but posters on here like to think it’s just miami

Golden had plenty of talent to win here. His atrocious defence got him fired. It’s really that simple. His offense fielded plenty of current NFL starters. He just sucked as a Coach

Ugh... I literally just threw up in my mouth thinking about No'D's "defense" during the golden years... Did anyone ever figure out why Golden could never just fire the guy??? So glad those days are long gone! Good riddance!!

Our 2013 and 2014 teams were absolutely loaded with NFL players, and Folden still couldn’t win any game that mattered. He’s one of the worst college coaches ever.

It’s not hard to win at Miami. We got a legit coach and became a contender in a year.

Golden had plenty of talent to win here. His atrocious defence got him fired. It’s really that simple. His offense fielded plenty of current NFL starters. He just sucked as a Coach

It waan’t just the defense. The offense was not as productive as it should have been, and suffered in general from the same problems as the defense: inability to perform well in meaningful games. The whole team sucked because Al Golden had no clue what he was doing.

Advertisement
I can't imagine us having a worst draft in the next 3 years. I can't wait for fail camp and D$'s reports.

Advertisement
Want to see draft issues, go back and look at Randy Shannon. Golden did a lot right here, but that idiotic defence got him fired. Had he simply implemented an attacking D, he’d still have a job. His stubbornness and unwillingness to change cost him big time.

Want to see draft issues, go back and look at Randy Shannon. Golden did a lot right here, but that idiotic defence got him fired. Had he simply implemented an attacking D, he’d still have a job. His stubbornness and unwillingness to change cost him big time.

LOL...***** told His team to "NOT rise to the occasion" in front of a National audience, and you think His only problem was His choice of DC?

Golden could've hired Buddy Ryan & **** Lebeau and He would've still gotten the same results...Him & that other Joizee jagoff Parcells robbed Miami fans blind.

LOL...***** told His team to "NOT rise to the occasion" in front of a National audience, and you think His only problem was His choice of DC?

Golden could've hired Buddy Ryan & **** Lebeau and He would've still gotten the same results...Him & that other Joizee jagoff Parcells robbed Miami fans blind.
He could have told his team to rise to the moon and it wouldn't have mattered when your D is protecting the fans from GT running through the back of the endzone. Sayings mean nothing, good or bad.

Advertisement

Yea, no.

You know how they used to say “it’s the economy, stupid”

In this case, “it was the defense, stupid”.

Any other just slightly better DC and we would have been good for one more win a year. Golden would have still gotten fired the same year in my opinion, because he sucked anyway, but there would have been somewhat less embarrassment.

From game 1, it was the deer in the headlights, frozen in place, think-too-much, read and react, don’t attack, keep everything in front of you, defense.

We all still have PTSD from that defense. Don’t discount how bad it was. How long they allowed the other team to keep the ball. It was criminal.

Yea, no.

You know how they used to say “it’s the economy, stupid”

In this case, “it was the defense, stupid”.

Any other just slightly better DC and we would have been good for one more win a year. Golden would have still gotten fired the same year in my opinion, because he sucked anyway, but there would have been somewhat less embarrassment.

From game 1, it was the deer in the headlights, frozen in place, think-too-much, read and react, don’t attack, keep everything in front of you, defense.

We all still have PTSD from that defense. Don’t discount how bad it was. How long they allowed the other team to keep the ball. It was criminal.

I didn't say defense wasn't a problem, I said it wasn't His ONLY problem.

Again, Golden would've gotten the same results regardless of the DC, He would've still told His team to "NOT rise to the occasion".

The best coaches in CFB are the best motivators...period.

Advertisement
Back