NFL Draft NFL Combine Thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** Ron Dugans forever for that ****** 2019 receiver class
I personally witnessed his combine training while he was at The U and I’m telling you it was ASSSS!
1646434597080.gif

Advertisement
I huge fan of Marcus Peters, but he’s hitting that 30 Mark & coming off missing the season with an ACL.

Jimmy Smith needs to retire, Marlon Humphrey can be a serviceable Nickel Corner but he really struggled in coverage last year, Brandon Stephens should probably move to Safety & the rest of them are below average to average.

Really really hope we draft a CB 1st round, but the De Costa is all about draft value & normally likes trading for more picks, we draft too conservatively IMO we prefer to load up on depth guys instead of landing big time players. So, that means we’ll probably draft an OL lol.

But our Secondary was horrendous last year, yes we got his with an avalanche of injuries having almost all of the starters on IR, but IMO I think we need way more talent at CB & Safety. We’ve neglected drafting Corners for a few years now & it shows up every season, especially late in the year, our coverage gets scorched vs teams with good QB’s & WR’s.

I think we can address the OL in free agency, we really need a CB.
Agreed. We could trade back when we had Reed, Suggs and Lewis on Defense. Our Defense lacks star power. I say make a power move to trade up

OL at 14. Got to get back to dragging fools
CB is a more dire need, our OL isn’t even that bad.

You can find a good OL in rounds 2-4, good CB’s are at a premium & are a scarce commodity.

The gap between 1st round & 3rd/4th round CB’s is really really steep.

The Bengals just made the Super Bowl with one of the worst OL’s in the league, you can bolster your OL through Free Agency, CB’s are much harder to find, when a good one is available you take’em.

Advertisement
CB is a more dire need, our OL isn’t even that bad.

You can find a good OL in rounds 2-4, good CB’s are at a premium & are a scarce commodity.

The gap between 1st round & 3rd/4th round CB’s is really really steep.

The Bengals just made the Super Bowl with one of the worst OL’s in the league, you can bolster your OL through Free Agency, CB’s are much harder to find, when a good one is available you take’em.
I'm worried about the Left tackle position. Ronnie can't stay healthy. We need to secure that spot. I agree the rest with take care of itself.

I can't really name one player yet at the combine that has hurt their draft stock, everyone is either doing good enough or testing off the charts

Advertisement
I'm worried about the Left tackle position. Ronnie can't stay healthy. We need to secure that spot. I agree the rest with take care of itself.
The Rams just won a Super Bowl with a 40 year old LT.

We can just sign Eric Fisher, Cam Robinson or draft one in the 2nd/3rd round.

We have 10 picks in this draft, with two 3rd rounders & five 4th round picks, they’ll be plenty of picks to find a serviceable Tackle, plus Stanley is coming back this season, so it’s not like he’s never gonna play again.

All I’m saying is, the longer we refuse to address our secondary & keep putting off drafting a legit corner the worse off the Defense will be when it matters the most. We have to deal with Ja’Marr Chase, the Pittsburgh WR’s, Tyreek Hill & the Chiefs gang, Keenan Allen & the Chargers WR corps, Stephon Diggs & the Bills, the Broncos WR group, plus a bunch others in the AFC, we need a lockdown corner who can go to War with the offensive explosion that has taken over in the AFC.

Otherwise, we’ll just have a really good run game with Lamar & a Defense that can’t stop anybody.

Our OL is fine, our Secondary is a disaster.

Advertisement
Back