NFL Draft NFL Combine Thread

I watched the games, brother. He looked like trash to begin the season. Ask Mario how they beat him in the Shoe. And he had the best WRs in the NAYSHUN.
I won't cape fúck him tbh.

Advertisement
I watched the games, brother. He looked like trash to begin the season. Ask Mario how they beat him in the Shoe. And he had the best WRs in the NAYSHUN.
Bruh Im not really in this but you holding it against a freshman in his first few starts? lol

11 RB's have started games for the Dolphins the last 3 years. That's crazy. They usually don't invest in RB, but they need a better plan than what they've been doing.

Duke was great down the stretch and I hope he continues to have a role this year.
Completely agree. We looked better on offense when we gave more work to Duke and let the other guys give him a rest. I know the OL is still a weak spot but at some point you need to find a RB that can be a difference maker. After reading your write up I wouldn't be upset to get a Kennedy Brooks in the 3-5th round range either.

My best ever was 5.13 at 6'4 295 lol
I ran a 4.48 as an 8th grader when I was like 6'. At the time Vic Beasley was going to the same school as me and I think I was faster than him as a junior.
Given that I am a red-headed white dude a lot of people were confused and I had to re-run it multiple times before they believed it lol. Would have been the RB for my school but then I broke my leg playing basketball :(

Advertisement
I ran a 4.48 as an 8th grader when I was like 6'. At the time Vic Beasley was going to the same school as me and I think I was faster than him as a junior.
Given that I am a red-headed white dude a lot of people were confused and I had to re-run it multiple times before they believed it lol. Would have been the RB for my school but then I broke my leg playing basketball :(
No Way Pout GIF by Tennis TV

Animation Illustration GIF

Advertisement
Heard on the radio today that the guy doing the hand time unofficial is new to it this year - his first year doing it at the combines.

All the official times are coming in +0.1 s slower. Someone's got a VT like trigger. lol

Comedy Central GIF by Broad City

Advertisement
100% agree with you. RB class is thin at the top, but deep with guys that can contribute IMO. I’m thinking 0 Day 1 guys, 3-4 Day 2 (Breece Hall, Isiah Spiller, Kenneth Walker look like the consensus Top 3), then a bunch of guys go early Day 3.

I hope everyone enjoyed the WR’s 40’s yesterday, because I’m expecting this group to be pretty slow & average athletically as a whole.

My longwinded take:

Breece Hall
is my clear cut #1. I think he’ll test as just an ok athlete, but he’s really good at everything.

Isiah Spiller – I’m not a fan of “style” comparisons, but his size and the way he runs reminds me of Joe Mixon. He’s not as fast or dynamic as Mixon, but he’s got really quick feet and makes people miss in tight spaces. I’m interested in his 10/20 yd splits & 3 cone because I’m guessing he’ll run a slow 40. Real good receiver too.

Kenneth Walker is fun to watch, but he has a lot of stop & start moves and I’m not sure he has the athleticism to make that work in the NFL.

I'm with you on Kennedy Brooks & Abram Smith! Those 2 and Jerome Ford are my favorite Day 3 guys. I think Ford is going to test well and be a combine winner. I like Smith’s style and he’s a dog. I hope he weighs in bigger than the 211 he was at the Senior Bowl (he's listed at 221). Brooks is confusing why he’s not getting more hype. He averaged 7.0 ypc in his career, started over Trey Sermon & Rhamondre Stevenson – then he sits out a year because of covid and it’s like everyone forgot about him. Weird. I don’t have a good guess on how athletic Brooks & Smith will test.

James Cook & Brian Robinson are 2 I think whose stock may drop. I’ve always been a fan of Cook, but if he’s close to the 190 he’s listed at and runs close to the 4.7 he did in HS – that’s a problem. Robinson might be really slow. Maybe not as bad as Elijah Holyfield, but similar.

Ty Allgier, Kyren Williams, Rachaad White – I’ve seen these guys getting hyped up, and I get why people like them, but just kind of meh to me.

Kevin Harris & Bam Knight are 2 I really liked coming into last year then had disappointing seasons – so not sure what to make of them. I’m interested in how they test.
Agree with you on Kenneth Walker, I think he was a really good college back but he may struggle in the NFL due to his propensity to not just hit the hole & run.

Kennedy Brooks reminds me of David Montgomery, he probably won’t run a good 4.5 time, but he has very good contact balance & his field vision earns him extra yards by simply making the right move in traffic. When I watched him a lot at Oklahoma rarely did he ever hit the wrong hole or panic at the line of scrimmage like some RB’s do & immediately bail on the block developments, he got rewarded for being a patient runner often.

I’m interested to see how Breece Hall does, he kinda reminds me of a Melvin Gordon type, a big power back with more breakaway speed than most realize. He looks like a typical downhill lumbering runner, but he’s actually shifty with some quickness & good footwork in space. He’s like slow & fast at the same time lol. If he runs anything below a sub 4.6 I think he gets drafted in the 1st round.

Agree with your Isaiah Spiller assessment too, he’s not a straight line speed guy but is very agile & always makes the first defender miss, he won’t wow you with raw athleticism, but he’s a difficult runner to bring down in the open field.

Sincere McCormick is my big sleeper of this class, IMO he has potential to be a productive back in the league if he gets drafted to the right team. He has good burst & acceleration into the second level among this RB group IMO.

But agree with everything else you wrote, appreciate the insight brotha!

Last edited:
Kyler Gordon is a name I'll have to look into. Mcduffie seems to be byron Murphy so I'd be happy. I'm high on mcreaery. I'm not a fan of booth because I don't trust clemson corners.

I like dax hill do you not trust our safeties? Clark is solid but isn't really a playmaker and elliot has injuries but flashes.
Clark is a solid Safety, but Deshon Elliott is horrendous.

What I like most about Dax Hill is his versatility, he can play Rover, Free & Nickel, that’s exactly what we need in our secondary a versatile defender on the backend that has the range to help against all the Deep threat WR’s we see on an annual basis.

This CB class is as deep as it’s been in years, there’s a lot of good value upside CB’s that will be starters. As long as we get at least one I’m good, I’m just tired of the front office always overlooking an incredibly important position.

JC Jackson is gonna be a Free Agent, but we never have enough Cap to sign big time FA’s like him, so I doubt we’ll be able to afford him, but we gotta a lot of dead cap on this roster that needs to be restructured or cut, plus we’re gonna have to make some room for Lamar’s new deal.

Advertisement
Why do some think George Pickens is overrated? Ran fast. Looks great on tape... don't get it. Guy is elite.
I think he was a 5* and after a very good freshman campaign (49-727), soph (36-513) and junior (5-107) were letdowns. He had some injuries and a very average QB play but I don't think he lived up to the hype in college.

Clark is a solid Safety, but Deshon Elliott is horrendous.

What I like most about Dax Hill is his versatility, he can play Rover, Free & Nickel, that’s exactly what we need in our secondary a versatile defender on the backend that has the range to help against all the Deep threat WR’s we see on an annual basis.

This CB class is as deep as it’s been in years, there’s a lot of good value upside CB’s that will be starters. As long as we get at least one I’m good, I’m just tired of the front office always overlooking an incredibly important position.

JC Jackson is gonna be a Free Agent, but we never have enough Cap to sign big time FA’s like him, so I doubt we’ll be able to afford him, but we gotta a lot of dead cap on this roster that needs to be restructured or cut, plus we’re gonna have to make some room for Lamar’s new deal.
Our defense worries me tbh. We got a lot of spots where we just don't have dudes who can make plays. I've given up on Ferguson. Queen is Hot and cold at best. Tho better out of the mlb spot. I'm high on Brandon Stephens so I wouldn't be mad if he took Elliots spot.

Like other than Humphrey and Oweh and maybe old *** Calais if we bring him back there are no real Dudes on defense. Jury is out on peters till I see him on the field.

Advertisement
Back