NFL Draft NFL Combine Thread

Advertisement
Yall remember when we always had top performers at the combine? Back when we used to recruit speed.

Now the local kids with wheels are going to schools like Ole Miss (Elijah Moore), Louisville (Tutu Atwell), Baylor (Ty Thorton) and Notre Dame (Kevin Austin). I'm sure we can put Zay Flowers in this discussion too.

Embarrassing how we continue to let explosive athletes leave South Florida.

Stroud looked like First Round alright...First Round Management. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Screenshot_20220303-235832_Samsung Internet.png

Stroud looked like First Round alright...First Round Management. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
CJ Stroud was one of the 5 best QBā€™s in the country last year.

Granted, OH STā€™s offense tends to over inflate their QBā€™s numbers because of the system the play in & they usually have elite WRā€™s to make them look much better than they are, but Stroud wasnā€™t that bad at all.

Idk if heā€™ll be a 1st rounder when his time comes to declare, but as far as college QBā€™s is concerned Stroud is quite easily among the best in the Nation & is more than likely going to be a top 3 Heisman finalist this year.

I think heā€™s way better than Justin Fields & Dwayne Haskins were at OH ST.

Fields was severely overrated coming out of college, he always had very average arm talent & tended to shrink in the biggest games where his accuracy would go completely haywire.

Advertisement
Ravens:

1st Round - Ahmad Gardner/Trent McDuffie/Kyler Gordon/Andrew Booth/Roger McCreary (any one ofā€™em lol)

2nd Round - Dax Hill or Joshua Paschal or Dominique Robinson.
Kyler Gordon is a name I'll have to look into. Mcduffie seems to be byron Murphy so I'd be happy. I'm high on mcreaery. I'm not a fan of booth because I don't trust clemson corners.

I like dax hill do you not trust our safeties? Clark is solid but isn't really a playmaker and elliot has injuries but flashes.

Tyquan Thornton and Tutu Atwell live down the road from campus...run 4.21 and 4.32.

DUGANS: I like Hightower and Ezzard.

Good eyetest, bud. Nailed it.
Look at how stocked FSU's WR room is now, Donk has it on lock. I'll admit I thought Dugans was a good coach and recruiter, hindsight tells me I was very wrong.

Advertisement
@bshaw28 would love to hear your opinion on this draft class RB group.

Itā€™s a pretty deep group IMO, no big time standout backs, but a bunch of mid 2-4th round guys who were very productive in college & can have success in the league.

I like Isaiah Spiller, Kennedy Brooks & Abram Smith.

100% agree with you. RB class is thin at the top, but deep with guys that can contribute IMO. Iā€™m thinking 0 Day 1 guys, 3-4 Day 2 (Breece Hall, Isiah Spiller, Kenneth Walker look like the consensus Top 3), then a bunch of guys go early Day 3.

I hope everyone enjoyed the WRā€™s 40ā€™s yesterday, because Iā€™m expecting this group to be pretty slow & average athletically as a whole.

My longwinded take:

Breece Hall
is my clear cut #1. I think heā€™ll test as just an ok athlete, but heā€™s really good at everything.

Isiah Spiller ā€“ Iā€™m not a fan of ā€œstyleā€ comparisons, but his size and the way he runs reminds me of Joe Mixon. Heā€™s not as fast or dynamic as Mixon, but heā€™s got really quick feet and makes people miss in tight spaces. Iā€™m interested in his 10/20 yd splits & 3 cone because Iā€™m guessing heā€™ll run a slow 40. Real good receiver too.

Kenneth Walker is fun to watch, but he has a lot of stop & start moves and Iā€™m not sure he has the athleticism to make that work in the NFL.

I'm with you on Kennedy Brooks & Abram Smith! Those 2 and Jerome Ford are my favorite Day 3 guys. I think Ford is going to test well and be a combine winner. I like Smithā€™s style and heā€™s a dog. I hope he weighs in bigger than the 211 he was at the Senior Bowl (he's listed at 221). Brooks is confusing why heā€™s not getting more hype. He averaged 7.0 ypc in his career, started over Trey Sermon & Rhamondre Stevenson ā€“ then he sits out a year because of covid and itā€™s like everyone forgot about him. Weird. I donā€™t have a good guess on how athletic Brooks & Smith will test.

James Cook & Brian Robinson are 2 I think whose stock may drop. Iā€™ve always been a fan of Cook, but if heā€™s close to the 190 heā€™s listed at and runs close to the 4.7 he did in HS ā€“ thatā€™s a problem. Robinson might be really slow. Maybe not as bad as Elijah Holyfield, but similar.

Ty Allgier, Kyren Williams, Rachaad White ā€“ Iā€™ve seen these guys getting hyped up, and I get why people like them, but just kind of meh to me.

Kevin Harris & Bam Knight are 2 I really liked coming into last year then had disappointing seasons ā€“ so not sure what to make of them. Iā€™m interested in how they test.

100% agree with you. RB class is thin at the top, but deep with guys that can contribute IMO. Iā€™m thinking 0 Day 1 guys, 3-4 Day 2 (Breece Hall, Isiah Spiller, Kenneth Walker look like the consensus Top 3), then a bunch of guys go early Day 3.

I hope everyone enjoyed the WRā€™s 40ā€™s yesterday, because Iā€™m expecting this group to be pretty slow & average athletically as a whole.

My longwinded take:

Breece Hall
is my clear cut #1. I think heā€™ll test as just an ok athlete, but heā€™s really good at everything.

Isiah Spiller ā€“ Iā€™m not a fan of ā€œstyleā€ comparisons, but his size and the way he runs reminds me of Joe Mixon. Heā€™s not as fast or dynamic as Mixon, but heā€™s got really quick feet and makes people miss in tight spaces. Iā€™m interested in his 10/20 yd splits & 3 cone because Iā€™m guessing heā€™ll run a slow 40. Real good receiver too.

Kenneth Walker is fun to watch, but he has a lot of stop & start moves and Iā€™m not sure he has the athleticism to make that work in the NFL.

I'm with you on Kennedy Brooks & Abram Smith! Those 2 and Jerome Ford are my favorite Day 3 guys. I think Ford is going to test well and be a combine winner. I like Smithā€™s style and heā€™s a dog. I hope he weighs in bigger than the 211 he was at the Senior Bowl (he's listed at 221). Brooks is confusing why heā€™s not getting more hype. He averaged 7.0 ypc in his career, started over Trey Sermon & Rhamondre Stevenson ā€“ then he sits out a year because of covid and itā€™s like everyone forgot about him. Weird. I donā€™t have a good guess on how athletic Brooks & Smith will test.

James Cook & Brian Robinson are 2 I think whose stock may drop. Iā€™ve always been a fan of Cook, but if heā€™s close to the 190 heā€™s listed at and runs close to the 4.7 he did in HS ā€“ thatā€™s a problem. Robinson might be really slow. Maybe not as bad as Elijah Holyfield, but similar.

Ty Allgier, Kyren Williams, Rachaad White ā€“ Iā€™ve seen these guys getting hyped up, and I get why people like them, but just kind of meh to me.

Kevin Harris & Bam Knight are 2 I really liked coming into last year then had disappointing seasons ā€“ so not sure what to make of them. Iā€™m interested in how they test.
Would love to see the Phins get a guy like Walker, Hall, or Spiller on day 2. Thought Duke looked really good and hope he is resigned but get one of these guys to be a compliment.

Advertisement

My longwinded take:

Breece Hall

Appreciate the breakdown. Borghi and Ford are my 2 sleeper guys.

Advertisement
Would love to see the Phins get a guy like Walker, Hall, or Spiller on day 2. Thought Duke looked really good and hope he is resigned but get one of these guys to be a compliment.

11 RB's have started games for the Dolphins the last 3 years. That's crazy. They usually don't invest in RB, but they need a better plan than what they've been doing.

Duke was great down the stretch and I hope he continues to have a role this year.

Advertisement
Back