NFL Draft NFL Combine Thread

Advertisement
Im tired of this school and scheme argument. Offenses are so watered down and simplistic that every QB is going to have room to grow in that area. It’s so bad that they ASSUMED that Malik would have trouble picking up pro concepts and he blew them out the water with how much he actually knows. Malik is going to be a steal for somebody and be a Steve McNair clone.
Malik benefitted greatly from Liberty’s offensive system because they had a 2-coach play calling system, meaning Hugh would call the plays on 1st & 2nd down & then Kent Austin would call the plays on 3rd down & Red Zone.

Scouts just assumed all he did was run RPO’s & Zone-Option, but Hugh Freeze’s offense is actually very complex & implements lots of Pro concepts, they just don’t play under center.

The comparisons for him have been Lamar Jackson & Jalen Hurts, he’s not as fast as Lamar, but he has way better arm talent than Lamar & Jalen but has similar athleticism as both. He’s also a very accurate passer in the intermediate throws.

Much love to Rambo for what he did for us last year but totally agree with 10 others under 4.4, he’s got his work cut out for him - and he’s only 177.

And it’s a small 177, too. Like I said, I think he’ll be a nice value pick, but he didn’t have a stellar Senior Bowl, was pretty much a non factor until a late catch that looked good on paper, didn’t blow away the 40, & those ?able hands came on scene during the WR drills.

It was clear he wasn’t a 4.4 guy; unfortunately, in any other combine, running a 4.53 would be acceptable, but this WR corps is killing this 40. When ppl were saying Rambo is a 2nd round pick, I was clear he would be a 4th round or later. His measurable doesn’t scream elite, it screams solid complimentary player at the next level.

Like I try to tell my bros on here, when u’re stick in the O&G bubble vs. watching all of CFB, u’ll learn not to overvalue our guys. Lotta elite talent spread around CFB. TE & WR r hella deep this draft.
Mannnnnn, have been going back n forth with some before that we have no explosiveness and we need faster players.. Was told our DB unit was full of 4.4 guys lmaoooo.. Its embarrassing for miami not to scare teams, how did teams liek OSU beat us at our own formula.. If anything miami has always been known for speed.. How are we sloow afff?! Even Richt was like wtf when he got here.. Guys really think we got 4.4 players, they dont watch college games

Advertisement
And it’s a small 177, too. Like I said, I think he’ll be a nice value pick, but he didn’t have a stellar Senior Bowl, was pretty much a non factor until a late catch that looked good on paper, didn’t blow away the 40, & those ?able hands came on scene during the WR drills.
The sr bowl game doesnt matter at all. Its through the week and he looked good there.

He'll be picked anywhere from the 4th -6th round imo

Malik benefitted greatly from Liberty’s offensive system because they had a 2-coach play calling system, meaning Hugh would call the plays on 1st & 2nd down & then Kent Austin would call the plays on 3rd down & Red Zone.

Scouts just assumed all he did was run RPO’s & Zone-Option, but Hugh Freeze’s offense is actually very complex & implements lots of Pro concepts, they just don’t play under center.

The comparisons for him have been Lamar Jackson & Jalen Hurts, he’s not as fast as Lamar, but he has way better arm talent than Lamar & Jalen but has similar athleticism as both. He’s also a very accurate passer in the intermediate throws.

Steve McNair…say it with me. It isn’t that hard! Steve….McNair lol.

Steve McNair…say it with me. It isn’t that hard! Steve….McNair lol.
I wasn’t disagreeing with you, I was just saying that’s who the draft-nicks have been comparing him to.

I agree, he has very similar traits to early Houston/Tennessee McNair when he was coming out of Alcorn St.

He’s much more accurate passer than McNair was though.

Advertisement
I wasn’t disagreeing with you, I was just saying that’s who the draft-nicks have been comparing him to.

I agree, he has very similar traits to early Houston/Tennessee McNair when he was coming out of Alcorn St.

He’s much more accurate passer than McNair was though.

McNair alcorn state highlights when he was coming out was like tecmo bowl.

Mannnnnn, have been going back n forth with some before that we have no explosiveness and we need faster players.. Was told our DB unit was full of 4.4 guys lmaoooo.. Its embarrassing for miami not to scare teams, how did teams liek OSU beat us at our own formula.. If anything miami has always been known for speed.. How are we sloow afff?! Even Richt was like wtf when he got here.. Guys really think we got 4.4 players, they dont watch college games

Facts; it’s clear our speed is not on the same page as the elite teams. Many of us here have said we don’t have 20 mph guys or 4.4 guys. Some? Sure, but those GPS monitors & hand timers r suspect af. Imo, we’ve had more quick than fast guys. When u’ve been a fan for a while, WE KNOW elite speed. Dorsett had elite speed. Andre Johnson, elite speed. Thrill Hill, elite speed. Hester, Moss, Baby Moss, Phillips, Jones, Buchanon, etc. etc. etc.

I saw our guys’ legs move fast w/o the separation. I credit TVD for putting the ball where it needed to be, b/c our guys rarely just separated.

Advertisement
Who’s your team and who do you want them to draft in the first 2 rounds?
Dolphins: Christian Watson n Breece Hall or Breece Hall n George Pickens
Ravens:

1st Round - Ahmad Gardner/Trent McDuffie/Kyler Gordon/Andrew Booth/Roger McCreary (any one of’em lol)

2nd Round - Dax Hill or Joshua Paschal or Dominique Robinson.

The sr bowl game doesnt matter at all. Its through the week and he looked good there.

He'll be picked anywhere from the 4th -6th round imo

I mentioned the Sr Bowl b/c in this day & age of 3 & out prospects being priorities, it gives who may have been overlooked another opportunity to get evaluated. A lot of under the radar guys have made money by giving scouts a new prospect to look at.

But that was no never mind, b/c the combine was the real litmus test. I knew he wasn’t going to measure particularly well, he was the second smallest WR at the combine, & the guy he was ahead of him in size was only 5’8, so his $$ had to come w/ the 40. His 40 was decent, but nothing elite. Then his hands got called into ? w/ the drops during one of the drills.

I’ve been preaching 4th - 6th round for a min. It just amazed me how ppl thought he was a 2nd round pick

Advertisement
Facts!

I thought he would be in the 4.35 range, but 4.21?!?! Sheesh!!! 🔥🔥🔥

That boy was BLAZING!!! He was underutilized at Baylor until this final Senior Season, but I see him playing his best in the league, I hope he goes to a team with high volume passing offense & a good QB.

I’m not a Cowboys fan but he’d kill it in their offense.
That's just what I was thinking. 4.28, 4.29 at best, 4.4-4.42 at worst, mid 4.3's on average. But Got****!!!! That young man just made himself at least a million dollars more on the front end of his NFL career. Fun Fact: his ability to high point the ball is as or more impressive than his speed. Lifelong WR who's gonna kill the individual workouts. Man I might have to take a ride to Apeland to congratulate Big T.Y. and chop it up with him in person...

Ravens:

1st Round - Ahmad Gardner/Trent McDuffie/Kyler Gordon/Andrew Booth/Roger McCreary (any one of’em lol)

2nd Round - Dax Hill or Joshua Paschal or Dominique Robinson.
I like Andrew booth. I predict Gardner may not have a good 3 cone drill. Maybe because he’s tall but I don’t see the wiggle in the hips.

Advertisement
Back