NFL Draft NFL Combine Thread

I huge fan of Marcus Peters, but he’s hitting that 30 Mark & coming off missing the season with an ACL.

Jimmy Smith needs to retire, Marlon Humphrey can be a serviceable Nickel Corner but he really struggled in coverage last year, Brandon Stephens should probably move to Safety & the rest of them are below average to average.

Really really hope we draft a CB 1st round, but the De Costa is all about draft value & normally likes trading for more picks, we draft too conservatively IMO we prefer to load up on depth guys instead of landing big time players. So, that means we’ll probably draft an OL lol.

But our Secondary was horrendous last year, yes we got his with an avalanche of injuries having almost all of the starters on IR, but IMO I think we need way more talent at CB & Safety. We’ve neglected drafting Corners for a few years now & it shows up every season, especially late in the year, our coverage gets scorched vs teams with good QB’s & WR’s.

I think we can address the OL in free agency, we really need a CB.
We have similar thoughts on Peters. If he even loses half a step his gambling is gonna turn to him getting burnt. I'm tentatively in the trade him camp.

I def have an o line bias but it's def easier to find good to serviceable o line than cb gotta look into this free agency.

You right about jimmy. Tavon is either hurt or getting flagged and I don't trust averrett lol.

I'm high on Stephens as a floating db.

So you think we do the boring thing and trade down? If not I'd put my money on linderbaum

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have similar thoughts on Peters. If he even loses half a step his gambling is gonna turn to him getting burnt. I'm tentatively in the trade him camp.

I def have an o line bias but it's def easier to find good to serviceable o line than cb gotta look into this free agency.

You right about jimmy. Tavon is either hurt or getting flagged and I don't trust averrett lol.

I'm high on Stephens as a floating db.

So you think we do the boring thing and trade down? If not I'd put my money on linderbaum
Anthony Averett had one good game in coverage vs the Chiefs on Tyreek Hill & everybody wanted to crown him...

Then he got annihilated vs the Colts & what the Bengals did to him should be illegal lol.

I wouldn’t trade Peters, plus I don’t think we can get much back for him coming off an injury, he’d probably yied a 4th or 5th round pick at best.

And yes, I think we’ll probably draft an OL, but I we really need a premier CB, I hope De Costa & Harbaugh don’t get too safe & pull the trigger on one when it comes time to make the pick.

We need more help on the DLine too, we need another pass rusher & more stout run defenders.

On Offense, we suck at drafting WR’s lol, but might as well try to get one in the late rounds with all these sub 4.4 guys & another TE would be great too.

Booker T Washington’s very own!!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

**** I'm so happy for this kid and his family!!! I used to volunteer for that loaded squad he was a part of(Lil Cook, Nayquan, Ant Solomon, etc.) in optimist. His pops is a SOLID dude from the Back Blues. A cool dude who does his best to support his family. I knew that he was gonna be a 4.4 guy at worst and he had a good chance of going sub 4.3, but breaking the record?!?!?! My lil dawg just muscled his way into the 1st Round...

The craziest part, is none of these super fast WR’s are even graded to be 1st rounders lol.

That means a bunch of teams will be getting some steals in the 3rd/4th/5th round with a bunch of sub 4.4 guys.

I know the Chiefs will be salivating to snatch up a sub 4.4 guy in the 3rd or 4th round.
Don’t worry, the raiders won’t let them get too far.

**** I'm so happy for this kid and his family!!! I used to volunteer for that loaded squad he was a part of(Lil Cook, Nayquan, Ant Solomon, etc.) in optimist. His pops is a SOLID dude from the Back Blues. A cool dude who does his best to support his family. I knew that he was gonna be a 4.4 guy at worst and he had a good chance of going sub 4.3, but breaking the record?!?!?! My lil dawg just muscled his way into the 1st Round...
Facts!

I thought he would be in the 4.35 range, but 4.21?!?! Sheesh!!! 🔥🔥🔥

That boy was BLAZING!!! He was underutilized at Baylor until this final Senior Season, but I see him playing his best in the league, I hope he goes to a team with high volume passing offense & a good QB.

I’m not a Cowboys fan but he’d kill it in their offense.

Advertisement
That team was loaded i coached 1 year with their hc at Miramar Optomist. He was at Chaminade coaching last year...ROWE.

Anthony Averett had one good game in coverage vs the Chiefs on Tyreek Hill & everybody wanted to crown him...

Then he got annihilated vs the Colts & what the Bengals did to him should be illegal lol.

I wouldn’t trade Peters, plus I don’t think we can get much back for him coming off an injury, he’d probably yied a 4th or 5th round pick at best.

And yes, I think we’ll probably draft an OL, but I we really need a premier CB, I hope De Costa & Harbaugh don’t get too safe & pull the trigger on one when it comes time to make the pick.

We need more help on the DLine too, we need another pass rusher & more stout run defenders.

On Offense, we suck at drafting WR’s lol, but might as well try to get one in the late rounds with all these sub 4.4 guys & another TE would be great too.
Bruh thank you. Averrett is not good lmao. It was so frustrating listening to people tell me he wasn't getting sauteed every week.

Yeah we wouldn't get enough for it to be worth it. I just like trades lol.

If sauce is there and we don't take him... It would be some smartest guy in the room ish.

Oweh is the only one I have any faith in and he's raw as ****. I gotta look at the free agency group this year I could see us hitting pass rusher in free agency.

What you think about a true mlb?

I like Bateman and Wallace but I wouldn't be mad if we took one of our like 9 4ths and 5ths and took Thornton lol.

I didn't realize how important hurst was till he was gone. I like those ucla and Colorado st (?) Tight ends.

Y'all want Derek Barnett? Lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
4.53 for Rambo’s first run.

It was clear he wasn’t a 4.4 guy; unfortunately, in any other combine, running a 4.53 would be acceptable, but this WR corps is killing this 40. When ppl were saying Rambo is a 2nd round pick, I was clear he would be a 4th round or later. His measurable doesn’t scream elite, it screams solid complimentary player at the next level.

Like I try to tell my bros on here, when u’re stick in the O&G bubble vs. watching all of CFB, u’ll learn not to overvalue our guys. Lotta elite talent spread around CFB. TE & WR r hella deep this draft.

Like I said on page 2, Malik Willis & Carson Strong are Favorite QB’s in this draft.

Im tired of this school and scheme argument. Offenses are so watered down and simplistic that every QB is going to have room to grow in that area. It’s so bad that they ASSUMED that Malik would have trouble picking up pro concepts and he blew them out the water with how much he actually knows. Malik is going to be a steal for somebody and be a Steve McNair clone.

He generates a lot of power in his legs.

Ridder was always a QB who had very good acceleration in the open field, he’s just not a shifty splash runner.

But when you watch at Cincinnati he used to run very well his Freshman & Sophomore year, he ran less & less his last 2 seasons but he’s a kid that can get big chunk yards on designed runs & scramble plays.

He’s kind of got some Donovan McNabb to his game.
Arm Strength's my #1 concern with Ridder and he's got enough to get it done in the league. Somebody's gonna get a dude with him...

It was clear he wasn’t a 4.4 guy; unfortunately, in any other combine, running a 4.53 would be acceptable, but this WR corps is killing this 40. When ppl were saying Rambo is a 2nd round pick, I was clear he would be a 4th round or later. His measurable doesn’t scream elite, it screams solid complimentary player at the next level.

Like I try to tell my bros on here, when u’re stick in the O&G bubble vs. watching all of CFB, u’ll learn not to overvalue our guys. Lotta elite talent spread around CFB. TE & WR r hella deep this draft.
Much love to Rambo for what he did for us last year but totally agree with 10 others under 4.4, he’s got his work cut out for him - and he’s only 177.

Advertisement
Back