Next years win total

9 cause I’m a homer.

9 is not being a homer, it's below Vegas expectations. Youi could say 10 cause I'm a homer and you'd be right.

I think the odds are spot on personally, with upside if we get some more talent in the Spring portal, downside if we don't gel or have injuries. What makes me optimistic is the program invested in Ward and the coaches know they can have a great year, so I think we'll land a couple more kids to get us to the next level.

Advertisement
Saw them yesterday on my way to the basketball game…

I don’t know what’s going on with the baseball team.

You would think the premium the football team is putting on physicality would rub off on other programs in the Hecht.
Lemme guess… 20 of them were rail thin and 5 were obese?

Advertisement
Absolutely none!

Except for the excuses when we lose that 3 game with 3 games left to play
Oh there's still gonna be plenty of excuses made, it's just this time around none of them will hold water.

All excuses are invalidated & nullified come kick off on 8/31/24.

If MC don't get it done this season, he's not getting it done ever at Miami, regardless of his job security & length of his contract.

Oh there's still gonna be plenty of excuses made, it's just this time around none of them will hold water.

If MC don't get it done this season, he's not getting it done ever at Miami, regardless of his job security & length of his contract.
Couldn’t agree more. He plenty of tools that any halfway decent coach should be able to make a splash with this season.

However, he will not make it easy and will revel in the fact every game will be a 4 quarter game that goes down to the wire. Our only hope is our players don’t let him have it his way and the Ward hype train is as advertised.

Advertisement

What where the excuses last year for not winning 10 games?

I know the reasons (poor game day coaching and offensive game planning), but I’ve never really tried to consolidate the excuse/spin that was out there.

One excuse is tied to an actual reason, which is TVD turning into a pumpkin.

The excuse is TVD sucks!

The truth is Dawson didn’t have enough experience calling plays to mask his deficiencies.

Are there any other?

queen bikes GIF

Advertisement
Fanduel released their ACC win totals today.

Very low limits, basically just for conversation's sake at this point.

But Miami's is set at 9.5, which I believe is the highest I've seen it in the last 20 years. I *think* heading into the 2018 season it may have been the same, but I can't remember for sure. I am pretty certain it has not been 10 at any point since the mid-2000s.

We never, ever go over this number, of course. If you just put $5K on Miami's regular season wins UNDER over the past 15 years, you're up a boat.

But Miami, Clemson and FSU are all 9.5, however all have very heavy juice to the under.

Miami and Clemson are both -142 to lay under 9.5

FSU is -148 to lay under 9.5.

As others have said, 10 wins is the bar this year. We obviously haven't hit the bar either of Mario's first 2 years here, but the team was much better last year than it was in 2022. It needs to continue that trend, and we need to win 10. Periodt. If he doesn't win 10, barring something insane like Ward snapping his leg in Week 1 or something similar, the noise will be and should be deafening.

10-2 or things get REAL toxic. I consider myself a realist, but with this schedule, this quarterback, this roster, you have to win 10 or you're a donkey.

Mario gets a lobotomy or amnesia: 10 wins; same ol' lovable neanderthal doofus: 8
Ward's running ability will unlock this offense by dumb luck

Miami's roster will continue getting better though, so unless this season goes off the rails 6 or 7 wins, Miami will field more talented teams moving forward.

If Miami goes 8-4 and wins a bowl to get to 9-4, that doesn't mean that is the ceiling for Mario here.

He has signed 2 top 7 classes, and they will be true sophmores and freshman this season.

You step back and look at the NFL draft that usually tells the story on the better teams. Miami won't have a top 40 pick this year more than likely, and its trending like they may only have 1 top 60 pick.

Next years draft does Miami have any first rounders? I don't see any just yet. Honestly Ward is probably has best chance to climb if he has a good year, as next year is a weak year for QB's. Ward, Rivers, Mauigoa, Restrepo, Mesidor, Porter, Powell?

Now in the following year you could see some major talent head to the NFL with Bain and Mauigoa as the headliners.

Advertisement
Miami's roster will continue getting better though, so unless this season goes off the rails 6 or 7 wins, Miami will field more talented teams moving forward.

If Miami goes 8-4 and wins a bowl to get to 9-4, that doesn't mean that is the ceiling for Mario here.

He has signed 2 top 7 classes, and they will be true sophmores and freshman this season.

You step back and look at the NFL draft that usually tells the story on the better teams. Miami won't have a top 40 pick this year more than likely, and its trending like they may only have 1 top 60 pick.

Next years draft does Miami have any first rounders? I don't see any just yet. Honestly Ward is probably has best chance to climb if he has a good year, as next year is a weak year for QB's. Ward, Rivers, Mauigoa, Restrepo, Mesidor, Porter, Powell?

Now in the following year you could see some major talent head to the NFL with Bain and Mauigoa as the headliners.

Everyone hates the four year journey argument but they conveniently forget how f-ing bad we were two years ago. Yes we should have won two more games last season. But the trajectory is real. And I also think we’ll win 10 this season.

What where the excuses last year for not winning 10 games?

I know the reasons (poor game day coaching and offensive game planning), but I’ve never really tried to consolidate the excuse/spin that was out there.

One excuse is tied to an actual reason, which is TVD turning into a pumpkin.

The excuse is TVD sucks!

The truth is Dawson didn’t have enough experience calling plays to mask his deficiencies.

Are there any other?
Some deficiencies can’t be masked.

Advertisement
Back