Next years win total

Advertisement
All I know is the following:

Richt (Semi-retired) won 10 games
Diaz won 8 games during the pandemic

When will Mario surpass this?

Advertisement
This board totally ran TVD away from here. Claimed he had "mental issues" and was a terrible QB. You saw a terrible QB today and it wasn't TVD. TVD was a very good, although not perfect QB for us. If the fans didn't turn on him he is probably a healthy QB in year 5 and ready to take us to next level. Instead we have JB and Emery neither of which are elite. Getting Cam is a crap shoot. After the extremely questionable decisions made by Mario in this bowl game is anyone confident we will land Cam? I am not. If we have to roll with either Emery or JB next year we are 6-5 at best. When you have a good QB you don't bench him over interceptions that weren't always his fault. You also don't fault him for trying to wo win as hurt as he was. Mario knew the reality and threw TVD under the bus. Good luck to him trying to recruit that type of talent. If JB is the guy he thinks will be better than TVD we are in for a long era of mediocrity.

I predict 9-5 - 9-3 regular season, finally play in the ACC championship game and lose there and then be unprepared for the bowl game and lose that one. They'll give Mario an extension at 9-5 and I'm not even joking.

Advertisement
If we rolled out Tyler in his 5th year would we say that? No. But Mario burned TVD's confidence in him. Huge mistake by Mario and more importantly by Dawson who had an obligation to stick up for him as QB

Advertisement
I'm going to be super positive and say 9 wins including the Bowl game so I say we will be 9-4 next year.

What could have been
I have a good friend of mine who gets ****ed if I even bring up Lane Kiffin. Says that Kiffin is a clown and that he would never work here because he can't recruit etc.. When I bring up the fact that Ole Miss had never had a 10 win season before Kiffin and that in 3 seasons Kiffin has had two 10 win seasons at Ole Miss, he says it's a fluke and that Kiffin is a clown with a tremendous amount of baggage.

When I double down on the facts that Kiffin wins games with two 10 win seasons at Ole Miss playing in the SEC West, he says yeah but they struggled against Miss St in the Egg Bowl, he wouldn't be liked by the fans here because his offense is too run heavy etc etc. Then he will say that we had to hire Mario because he is a recruiter and a program builder and Kiffin is not. I counter by saying that Kiffin may not be a recruiter or program builder but he wins 10 games. Then his comeback is that Kiffin lost to Alabama and Georgia.

Just incredible the irrational hatred some people have of Lane Kiffin.

Advertisement
I’m not going to predict what we will end up with, but we should absolutely expect 9-10 wins at the minimum next year. Back-to-back top ten classes, manageable schedule, year 3 for Mario, and then you throw in the possibility of Ward at QB? No more excuses.

I have a good friend of mine who gets ****ed if I even bring up Lane Kiffin. Says that Kiffin is a clown and that he would never work here because he can't recruit etc.. When I bring up the fact that Ole Miss had never had a 10 win season before Kiffin and that in 3 seasons Kiffin has had two 10 win seasons at Ole Miss, he says it's a fluke and that Kiffin is a clown with a tremendous amount of baggage.

When I double down on the facts that Kiffin wins games with two 10 win seasons at Ole Miss playing in the SEC West, he says yeah but they struggled against Miss St in the Egg Bowl, he wouldn't be liked by the fans here because his offense is too run heavy etc etc. Then he will say that we had to hire Mario because he is a recruiter and a program builder and Kiffin is not. I counter by saying that Kiffin may not be a recruiter or program builder but he wins 10 games. Then his comeback is that Kiffin lost to Alabama and Georgia.

Just incredible the irrational hatred some people have of Lane Kiffin.
You know what the most frustrating part is though? By all accounts, Kiffin really, REALLY wanted the Miami job, too.

Advertisement
Back