Next Year's Portal?

I think attacking the portal again will have these variables....

1. How's the 20 class looking? we missing out on a certain group

2. How do early departures look? Garvin leaves how does that make us feel depth wise? is harvey and Williams ready as true sophs to carry that mantle with G-Ross?

3. When the portal does come and we look and see if we see any impact starters.. maybe we don't like having 3 fresh face LBs next season and there's a kid whose made a few starts who you think is a scheme fit, maybe a quality OL/DL player is available( i don't think you can ever turn away one of those)

Advertisement
Speaking of the portal, I've been told there are multiple Hurricanes in it (on it? whatever).

I doubt anyone knows who or it'd be plastered all over this board, but maybe?

Its of my belief that for the foreseeable future, Miami will have to dip their toes into the portal for iDL, EDGE, and OL. Even in good recruiting classes, Miami has lacked on the DL in numbers (EDGE has had a lot of talent, but recruited depth is becoming a concern) and on the OL in startable talent.

Advertisement
It depends. A lot of the big names don’t become obvious til October because they don’t get playing time, Injury, etc. The Washington QB battle might lead to a big transfer. There might be a bail out movement at FSU so there’s also that.
If they chose to go to FSWho the past 2 cycles than shame on them. If they couldn’t tell who was the better option b/w us or them these 2 years then f em. Sometimes you gotta live with the consequences of your choices/actions. I’m sure Lane would love to have em tho

I was told 4 players. One had to have been Cager. One MAY have been Ezzard, this was almost a week ago so possibly it was before Ezzard signed.

There are a few posters here that have access to the Portal on here (one dude posted proof back in December) and essentially, every team site on the planet has posters or writers with some sort of access to it.

There may be some players in there eventually, but I have a hard time believing they are on there right now without us knowing. When players hop in the portal, teams and fans will know shortly after.

Advertisement
The portal is an every year thing, what changes is the degree to which we need it. This year is kept our recruiting from being a complete disaster. In the future it can just be a way to add to an already great recruiting class or patch unexpected holes. There will always be a need for a few guys who can play that season as opposed to needing S&C or further development in order to see the field.

Advertisement
Back